"replay" rumor mill's already turning

Podunk Steam

3 hours ago, jobics said:

This is for the DNA 250C, it's Service pack 13 but I don't see any setting related to Replay.  Then again, I only played around with it for less than 2 minutes.

Same here, James shared a link for SP13 in the “Mac EScribe Suite Beta Thread”, BUT for some reason NOT in the normal thread for new updates, still showing SP12. I ran SP13, but don’t see any REPLAY fields in Escribe. I only have a DNA75C, but that should not have any affect, correct? I’m using the MAC version. 

Edited by mactavish

vor 41 Minuten schrieb mactavish:

Same here, James shared a link for SP13 in the “Mac EScribe Suite Beta Thread”, BUT for some reason NOT in the normal thread for new updates, still showing SP12. I ran SP13, but don’t see any REPLAY fields in Escribe. I only have a DNA75C, but that should not have any affect, correct? I’m using the MAC version. 

you must wait for 75c firmware.i have the paranormal dna250c with replay, and i see in escribe no replay screen two.but it works,and i think the screen is on chip at the moment

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, soulvape said:

you must wait for 75c firmware.i have the paranormal dna250c with replay, and i see in escribe no replay screen two.but it works,and i think the screen is on chip at the moment

I figured there will a firmware update at some point, was hoping to perhaps be able to edit and add replay to a theme in Escribe while waiting. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pur3impulse said:

so, the picture way above saying "this is but one way to access replay".  thats for the 250C, could we upload that to our 75C devices and just get capped at 75W?

Nope, we have to wait for the one written for the 75C

• Like 1

ok, so evolv is putting out mods since they haven't done since the dawn of time, right?  and the youtube reviewers got samples for the 250C, many mods have been put out with the 250C to include (apparently) themes to update current hardware, but nothing yet for the 75C.  (some SUPER fanboy is gonna hate me like a mother lover after I say this part, pretty sure)  Anyone else worried evolv is waiting until they release their 75W device, then push software out a few additional months, so that they can be the ONLY company with a 75C mod with replay functions for a bit, ergo, FORCING people to buy evolv if they want a device like that for a bit?  NOT AT ALL SAYING THEY WILL, but I have to wonder, because I can't exactly see any legitimate reason replay hasn't released yet for 75C while everyone and their mother has it for the big boys.     

18 minutes ago, Pur3impulse said:

ok, so evolv is putting out mods since they haven't done since the dawn of time, right?  and the youtube reviewers got samples for the 250C, many mods have been put out with the 250C to include (apparently) themes to update current hardware, but nothing yet for the 75C.  (some SUPER fanboy is gonna hate me like a mother lover after I say this part, pretty sure)  Anyone else worried evolv is waiting until they release their 75W device, then push software out a few additional months, so that they can be the ONLY company with a 75C mod with replay functions for a bit, ergo, FORCING people to buy evolv if they want a device like that for a bit?  NOT AT ALL SAYING THEY WILL, but I have to wonder, because I can't exactly see any legitimate reason replay hasn't released yet for 75C while everyone and their mother has it for the big boys.     

I really don’t know what Evolv’s intentions are but if you watch the video “Vaping Biker” did with Evolv (guy, I forgot his name)on Youtube  he stated that they are working on pushing out the board for the 250C (at that time) & that Evolv was working on the 75C at the same time but their main focus was at that time the 250C . And it is forthcoming in the near future.

Edited by Hearts
Edit

Evolve are concentrated on making sure there latest board is working correctly so now 250c is just coming out and other manufacturers are now releasing there versions with 250c they need to make sure first all these are all working correctly , so the 75c will vet put on back burner until these are all out and stabile then they can focus on 75c update , its standard buissness practice why vet tied up with w lots of updates problems ect when you make sure you do one at once 

why send out an update now when your wanting your newer one to sell first ? 

Once they got money from sales of new one they invested so much into , then they can update the older one after , 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Benley73 said:

why send out an update now when your wanting your newer one to sell first ? 

Once they got money from sales of new one they invested so much into , then they can update the older one after , 

Or why spend money on the ones they have already sold, there is no profit in that. Man, I hope I'm wrong. Mean while, I'm playing with Replay (not upon intended) for about a week now. There was a problem with negative connection to 510 connector, on my Boxer BF DNA250C, I even started a thread HERE, but it is all corrected now. I'm loving it! It is so easy to use and it works seamlessly so far.

Edited by AMDtrucking
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AMDtrucking said:

Or why spend money on the ones they have already sold, there is no profit in that. Man, I hope I'm wrong. Mean while, I'm playing with Replay (not upon intended) for about a week now. There was a problem with negative connection to 510 connector, on my Boxer BF DNA250C, I even started a thread HERE, but it is all corrected now. I'm loving it! It is so easy to use and it works seamlessly so far.

Nah, seriously doubt it would have been mentioned the numerous times without intent. Evolv isn't China based. ;0)

• Like 1

Evolv has always been straight up from my perception.  I've had a couple of boards go out over the years but Evov has always made it right. No messing around with long waits and not knowing when of if your product is going to be fixed. They have always admitted fault when appropriate and quickly remedied the problem. I don't use a Mac but I know some people that do. Mac support (as far as I know) was never a given and the time frame was never laid out for Mac support. As we know, it did arrive and from what I have heard from others, it works well. My opinion is that replay will get to the 75c as soon as practical. I don't believe they would have announced it as being available for the 75c as a firmware update if they were not going to follow through. The time frame was never revealed down to the day and it was definitely stated that the 75c firmware update would take place after the 250C was released and when the resources were available to to send the update out to the public. If at the end of April, we still don't have it, that would be time to ask why (for me, at least). I would like to have it yesterday but I am also realistic enough to know that as soon as Evolv has a firmware they are comfortable with, we will have it. According to Evolv they have a few groundbreaking things coming down the pipe this year. They are looking to build customers not to lose them by pissing off  early adopters and longtime customers. Sit back and relax, I am confident we will see it in April.

Edited by hawk256
Spelling
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jonski said:

Am I wrong to assume that I would be able to add the 'Replay' function, when it is released, to the theme I am already using by way of the Theme Designer ?

I believe retird gave the best explanation I've seen a few posted back. It looks as though a profile is designated to the replay feature and I believe he also mentioned replay through the Theme Designer. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 4:51 AM, hawk256 said:

I've had a couple of boards go out over the years but Evov has always made it right.

I've sent two RMA requests by way of email but get no reply.  How did you return your boards?  They are 20 minutes away from me so I could be a walk in if I had to.