"replay" rumor mill's already turning

Podunk Steam

Yeah it was through tech support to RMA it , they ask for ID of board ect , 

Glad you got your reply , 

Im now using a Marvec Priest BF 75C , sqounker mod this week, its similar to art an mod dea mod 

Works well , an 18650 up to 21700 cells, a Golisi S35 30amp 3700mah is lasting me all day, 

IMG_20180417_141326.jpg

• Like 2

Evolv, it's mid-April (end of April actually), where is the new DNA75C firmware with REPLAY mode?  I enjoy using it on my DNA250C and I want it on my DNA75C please. :thumb: You are not going to make us wait for as long as we waited for the MAC version of Escribe, are you? :disappointed:

Edited by AMDtrucking
  • Like 1

I'm confident that when Evolv feels the  Replay addition to the 75C is stable enough and any major and most minor bugs corrected they will release it.  Replay was designed into the new 250C and was not just an update to an old board.  Replay for the 75C is an update for the legacy 75C so more work must be done to modify the software/firmware designed for the 250C to get any kinks properly addressed in order for it to work in the 75C.   The work of the software/firmware guys, the hardware guys, the alpha/beta testers work, and etc. all reach a point eventually where they feel is is ready to release.  As a member of the alpha/beta team for many years I have seen many times when a release is just about to pop and something is found that needed a bit more work. This pushes the release  date further down the road a bit.  Hopefully this info will give folks a better understanding of the process.... after all which company always brings out the NEW technology first?   Replay is closer to release for the 75C now than it was a week ago.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fordski said:

When I bought my DNA75C devices replay wasn't even on the horizon or promised as a feature. For me the replay feature is an added bonus and I'm quite happy to wait until it's ready.  

When I bought my Therion 75C it wasn't on the horizon or promised as a feature either , but I ordered my Therion BF on the strength of Evolves statement on Replay coming to the 75C . Now they didn't give an exact date but they did give the impression that it would be after the 250 C was released .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retird said:

I'm confident that when Evolv feels the  Replay addition to the 75C is stable enough and any major and most minor bugs corrected they will release it.  Replay was designed into the new 250C and was not just an update to an old board.  Replay for the 75C is an update for the legacy 75C so more work must be done to modify the software/firmware designed for the 250C to get any kinks properly addressed in order for it to work in the 75C.   The work of the software/firmware guys, the hardware guys, the alpha/beta testers work, and etc. all reach a point eventually where they feel is is ready to release.  As a member of the alpha/beta team for many years I have seen many times when a release is just about to pop and something is found that needed a bit more work. This pushes the release  date further down the road a bit.  Hopefully this info will give folks a better understanding of the process.... after all which company always brings out the NEW technology first?   Replay is closer to release for the 75C now than it was a week ago.....

Well said, as every other LOGIC based post here about being patient. But the KIDS, are going to post every day on why they can’t have the newest feature, that was NEVER promised or even mentioned when the first DNA75C boards were available.  I’d rather wait till a feature is close to rock solid, then be a beta tester, for free, which is what a lot of products force us to do these days. I no longer update anything when new firmware releases come out, like I did when I was a kid. I use Apple iPhone, and iPad, and now that I’m older and a bit smarter, I wait and read, and wait, on each and every Apple IOS update, and really glad I do.

Glad Evolv ignores these constant calls for “when will I get my new feature”.  I know it must be extremely hard to check back here when REPLAY is ready for our DNA75C mods, but suck it up, literally nothing is stopping us from being able to vape in wattage mode or TC as I like to use.  Now if a firmware update ever came out that broke our ability to use the device to vape, then that would be worth bitching about. But of course posts like mine will mean little, just adding my opinion once again to this silly thread, which I guess is here mostly for venting. So please, keep on venting, it won’t change anything, especially asking for a definitive release date, DUH!

And for those that claim they bought a DNA75C, mostly for a REPLAY feature that was not included to begin with, blame yourself for not doing your HOMEWORK, and be grateful that when it’s ready, you’ll have access to it. 

• Like 4

I bought, and built, a couple of 75Cs in anticipation of replay coming along, eventually and hopefully.  Having a little idea of what it takes to write code makes me very patient.  Bugs and "whoops" crop up all the time, even with all the alpha and beta testing in the world.  Real world can't actually be duplicated even with beta testing since beta testing is usually done by "experts" or at least people with more knowledge and experience which doesn't duplicate the rest of us thumb fingered tinkerers.   It'll get released if and when Evolv thinks it's ready, no sooner and no later.  Be patient folks.

On a side note, I didn't rush into the 75C when it came out because I was happy with the 75, 200 and 250.   Now that I've used a 75C for a few days I'm liking it a lot and should have done this sooner.  Now I'm off to finish the 250C sitting on my, what passes for, workbench.  Just need to shovel the stuff off to the side so I have a clear spot to work.

Edited by awsum140
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonski said:

When I bought my Therion 75C it wasn't on the horizon or promised as a feature either , but I ordered my Therion BF on the strength of Evolves statement on Replay coming to the 75C . Now they didn't give an exact date but they did give the impression that it would be after the 250 C was released .

That makes two of us. :DD I bought my Therion 75C, based just on what Brandon had to say in his interview with Daniel DJLsb. Even before I received my Boxer DNA250C. Now, that I'm enjoying my Replay in  250C, I want Replay in 75C even more!

Lost Vape Therion BF 75C.png

Edited by AMDtrucking
  • Like 1

Indeed, image how folks feel being on a waiting list for 1-2 years might feel, I know of two friends in that situation, I doubt Elon answers his emails regarding release dates anymore, since they don’t mean anything in reality. While I look forward to playing with REPLAY, I don’t think it’s going to change my life dramatically, and the downside is, I already don’t like using any of my now “older” DNA’s with trying to remember what button combos do what. After using my one DNA75 COLOR mod, it’s almost painful to use the old ones. 

EARLY SERVICE PACK (all devices)

EScribe Suite 2.0 SP15
For US-based customers (Windows): https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP15_US_ServicePack.exe
For US-based customers (Mac): https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP15_US.pkg
For international customers (Windows): https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP15_INTL_ServicePack.exe
For international customers (Mac): https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP15_INTL.pkg
For customers using Linux, see the beta thread.

--- DNA 75 Color (firmware 1.2 SP33.2) ---
Replay (International Edition only). To use Replay:
(1) Apply the Service Pack.
(2) Choose a profile to put Replay on. Check "Use Replay on this profile", and name it how you like. (For most people, the easiest way to use Replay is to choose a profile whose material is Watts.)
(3) Load on a theme with Replay support. (The default theme has Replay support. Go to the Theme tab and click Default Theme, and upload.)
--- DNA 250 Color (firmware 1.2 SP33.2) ---
Minor bug fixes and reorganization.
--- Theme Designer ---
Double-clicking now works when a control has multiple conditions.
The default DNA Color theme now uses 0.5W increments instead of 0.1W increments.
--- EScribe Suite ---
Made tooltips show up on fields now instead of just their labels, and added some new tooltips.
Permission errors on save/load are now more descriptive.
Upgraded many icons to high-DPI variants.
Minor bug fixes and usability improvements.

Edited by Frank65
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Frank65 said:

EScribe Suite 2.0 SP15
For US-based customers (Windows): https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP15_US_ServicePack.exe
For US-based customers (Mac): https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP15_US.pkg
For international customers (Windows): https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP15_INTL_ServicePack.exe
For international customers (Mac): https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP15_INTL.pkg

(2) Choose a profile to put Replay on. Check "Use Replay on this profile", and name it how you like. (For most people, the easiest way to use Replay is to choose a profile whose material is Watts.)
(3) Load on a theme with Replay support. (The default theme has Replay support. Go to the Theme tab and click Default Theme, and upload.)
--- Theme Designer ---
The default DNA Color theme now uses 0.5W increments instead of 0.1W increments.
--- EScribe Suite ---
Made tooltips show up on fields now instead of just their labels, and added some new tooltips.

Thanks! We already found it, but appreciate it nonetheless!

56 minutes ago, Frank65 said:

EScribe Suite 2.0 SP15

--- Theme Designer ---
--- EScribe Suite ---

I hadn't found it until your post - thank you very much. Got it loaded and it seems to be working. Hopefully there will be some new themes following, the basic is very boring  looking

• Like 1

yeah, twice, one was even the unused one that came with the therion.  like I said, the mod is charging via the cable, mod even has power to fire with no battery in it right now while hooked up to my pc,   but in escribe, I cant do anything, it keeps telling me I don't have a usb compatible device connected.