{feature request} up and down to change temp instead of watts

I very rarely change the wattage when I'm in temp mode but I like to change temp a lot, especially when using stainless steel coils. The joytech boards in the vtc mini and rx200 have the up and down buttons set to change the temp by default. This is a lot more useful than watts. For the dna200 to be considered a temperature control device surely the main function of the up and down buttons should be to change the temperature? At the moment it feels like a variable wattage device with temperature control as a side feature. Please can we have this as an option in escribe, at the moment it takes 5 clicks and then holding down the up and down buttons every time you want to change the temp and then another 5 clicks to get back to vaping. Sometimes it takes doing this a few times to find the sweet spot. It's extremely annoying and frustrating that my £30 rx200 is actually nicer to use than my dna200. I love this device and everything it can do but it's starting to become a bit of a deal breaker that I find myself going back to my other mods when I want to use a dripper and vape lots of different juices in one night.

do you not have 8 presets??  what I do is set a few different presets for the atomiser or dripper, then its only two clicks, I know this doesn't sound to helpful but don't you find that when you do up your temp or wattage you know what to go to because your used to doing it and where it needs to be, hope that doesn't sound as cleare as mud..

TwistedVegan said:

I very rarely change the wattage when I'm in temp mode but I like to change temp a lot, especially when using stainless steel coils. The joytech boards in the vtc mini and rx200 have the up and down buttons set to change the temp by default. This is a lot more useful than watts. For the dna200 to be considered a temperature control device surely the main function of the up and down buttons should be to change the temperature? At the moment it feels like a variable wattage device with temperature control as a side feature. Please can we have this as an option in escribe, at the moment it takes 5 clicks and then holding down the up and down buttons every time you want to change the temp and then another 5 clicks to get back to vaping. Sometimes it takes doing this a few times to find the sweet spot. It's extremely annoying and frustrating that my £30 rx200 is actually nicer to use than my dna200. I love this device and everything it can do but it's starting to become a bit of a deal breaker that I find myself going back to my other mods when I want to use a dripper and vape lots of different juices in one night.

+100. I know a bunch of people that wont even buy a DNA because of this. I would love to see this too. Many reviewers also state that this should be an option and how the RX200 is even a better buy because of ease of use. It is a shame that the best chip in the business right now is hampered by way too many clicks (I know you can set the lock clicks to what ever you want in escribe). Just an FYI I love my DNA 200 devices but it could be better with the choice to show temp and change it like almost every new device in the past few months. I also find my self using my other mods and no longer recommending the DNA 200's. Evolv was also always on top of the firmware and escribe. They haven't done any thing in some time. The software every one is using has sat in the early release stage way too long. Nothing for months .

My centiments on both above posts, im sure last year there where also some very annoyed dna40 owners, having bought a top of the range device for ££££ €€€€ $$$ only to be superceeded and dont get a look in now, not even a section on the forum for ni coil building. They are good boards a real mod builder enthusiasts board, but they also do your head in, direct comunications for replacements and spares are also very short, like just about helpfull.. they must be buisey writhing about on the money pile in the money room, smoking big fat cigars ...lamo...

I'm with VapingBad. Maybe an option in Escribe to change it for you guys who want default temp change when in temp mode but don't make it default.
I like it set up just the way it is. I set the temp I want then adjust wattage as needed if I want to hit my temp quicker or slower depending on how I'm vaping.
And for the couple of times I have changed temp, its not a big deal. takes less than 30 seconds as it is now.

I agree A lot of thought went into the design of it. And the designer may have liked to move his wattage to reach temp, hypertheticaly if the designer was a non vaper , perhaps he would have made it switchable,
People have got different i dears thats for sure.. i'll start a new coil on an rta at 430 and according to escribe im vaping boarder line that value reached but rarely get the mod flashing temp protected. Other folk just wack the powerbon and blast away. After a few days of vaping i up the temp and wattage  to get the same draw and thats an indication to me it needs new wicking..

So many different factors can effect the temp you want it set to, room temperature, juice composition, nicotine levels, airflow adjustment. When I first setup an rda I use the device monitor to fine tune the preheat and wattage to suit that coil, once that's set the only thing I ever need to change is the temperature. Having the up and down buttons default to wattage adjustment is pointless. Seems like evolv have abandoned us now though. I wish joyetech would come out with a board as good as the dna200 as they seem a lot more interested in after sales support. The vtc mini has been out for a lot longer than the dna200 but it's still getting regular updates.

Quote abandoned.. it is strange. No program changes in escribe or explanations from the bosses compared to earlier on in the year. Not even a short line like,""" we are on the case but am so buissey am having to drop this line while the kettles boiling""" weird.. unless their computer screen has broke and theym having a problem replacing it..

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is old, however I have found one way to change the main control to temp on the DNA 200 board. I was having the same gripe as many of you, Watts is useless once you set it in temp control. I had the idea to upload a DNA 250 theme into my device, and found one on the Evolv boards designed for the Lost Vape Drone. My screen settings had the temp as one of the smaller texts on the side, but when I uploaded the theme, it somehow converted the temperature to the main adjustment and the watts was one of the small texts instead. I'm sure this can be done with other themes, I have never created a theme so I'm not sure what caused it to change, other than the DNA 250 natively uses temp as the main control once in temp control mode. The screen is fully functional, when I change the temp it is reacting as it would on my DNA 250 mod. Anyone wanting to make this happen can download the Lost Vape Drone theme that is on the Evolv downloads page. Maybe someone can study the theme and figure out what caused the switch, because it is a very desirable thing for the DNA 200 board. Hope this helps anyone who may see this. 

Maybe that's why. I realized when I hooked it into Escribe that I didn't have Temperature Dominant checked the first time I vaped it. I actually checked it before I uploaded the theme, so I must have conflated the result as a result of the theme rather than the setting. My first DNA was a 250 and I didn't have this qualm at all. I immediately went into search mode because I was irritated by the initial layout. Thanks for that info. I didn't see that solution on any threads I read last night. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/14/2015 at 9:14 PM, TwistedVegan said:

while you are at it could we possibly get another millimeter between the three buttons on our DNA color devices oh great lords at evolv who we are eternally grateful for and shall always honor

• 4 months later...

use the gothic theme as a base and you wont have any of this questions after messing with the theme to your liking for like a month, worth it tho, now escribe I only need for updates everything else is in that chip... still frustrated evolv didn't make the 250C read to 0.00001X but I guess that leaves it for the next chip, that increase in accurate resistance reading should enable tc-ka.