Stainless steel

Johan

Earth to Evolve, Earth to Evolve...board failure on stainless steel temp control. I repeat....

I'm assuming you guys read this forum, but I have not seen any replies to all the 
SS issues that many users are having. Don't think ss is going away anytime soon, and your competitors have it figured out. Some help would be appreciated. TIA

There are many types of SS, some work for TC, some don't.  Even under ideal circumstances SS may come out of TC mode as the TCR value is a narrow window easily overridden by variable resistance in the mod or atomizer.  I don't think there is any change that can be made to make the board deal with it better, unless you want a TC mode lock.

To make your post better, can you list the type of SS you are using and the curve you are using for it?

Issues are encountered with 316l (UD) and 317l (Unkamen) of various gauges. Have tried SteamEngines .csv's, DJaquiths custom .csv's, and just a TCR. Using an Hcigar VT200, the mod is not just jumping out of TC, it does not sense this as TC wire at all. 430 SS works with no issues. There is a lot of discussion on this in the General Discussion forum under various "Stainless Steel" titles by a bunch of folks who are a lot more knowledgeable than me, that I would recommend reading to get a better understanding of the problems. 

I made some stainless core clapton (coaxial) wire (24g 316l/30g Ni200) that the VT200 wont read either, but works fine in a RX200 or Evic Mini. Perhaps it is just a problem with my particular board.

p.s. Please do not edit my posts, if you don't like them just delete...

Blueridge, myself and others have covered the essentials. I'm starting to think that there is something else, perhaps in the firmware. It may come down to the basic structure and concept behind the 200 chip, something that cannot be tweaked or changed. It would be nice if someone from Evolve would respond and let us know one way or the other. Other boards appear to be doing what many can't get the dna200 to do, but as we don't have a chance to observe them via Escribe it's hard to tell. Thanks

p.s. I deleted the edited post as the editing altered the jist of what I was trying to convey...

Im quite new to using or experamenting with differnt tc wires from ni and am having some sucsess with ss and nifi30, do you think that competitors may appear to have it sussed because they may have selectable preset course tcr values for different wires like ti or ss, and so when a user has difficulty he looks at his coil build or deck screws and sorts and finds the fault from there, what i'm getting at is our dna200 has so much open and tweakable, one can overlook a simple problem and end up in a tiresome mess. saying a board aint no good because a user has done somthing like clamped down a .40mm wire so tight with a deck screw with a sharp bured base, the coil end is now cut and squashed and become moor like .15mm then start messing with alsorts of csv files and settings because it wont run, start slating the board on the forum, when the problems been caused by their lack of basic skill, you can allways tell when someones got the problem fixed because they stop feeding the thread and they never admit what they did wrong.

I would like to see a graph from the other mods that are doing as you say. That is the only true way to see if they are getting a nice even temp. Unfortunately I don't think they have the software . Just because it seems to be working right doesn't mean it's working properly. Also Evolv is in the middle of moving locations while still running a business. That itself is a very stressful task. They have been on here, they have said the have some updates/fixes, they have said they are working on items and not abandoned anything. People need to be patient.

your very right, similar to the op, first paragraph, I bought some 430 a month ago, built one coil, it didn't work for me, I could see one leg glowing red looking down the chimney, a month later,,I had another go with it,,, wrapping a lead leg round a kayfun deck screw, its so tough it just unwinds it,, got it up and running,, went to it next day,, flat vape,, had to increase the temp from 380f to 530f to get a pull off it,, took it to bits, leads come loose.
its not my thing but these pre built coils that you have to screw into the atty, the leads are jammed into place so that problem doesn't happen,
so an atty with a screw in coil, when the coil does fail they just fit another, and say its abetter mod,,, evolve haven't even released a mod yet..

Hey im always using ss. I have tried 316l, 317l and 430. I have noticed after dry burning to tighten your posts back down. I have noticed any builds under .5 ohms is hard for tc mode to kick in. Also i have noticed sometimes i have to go out of tc and back in or unscrew atty and back on (a few times) or hard reboot to get the tc to come on. And yes if you clamp down on a wire decreasing its diameter or dry burn a hole in it, it wont work right.

I am at the point that I am convinced the DNA200 is not working properly with TC on stainless Steel. I challenge anyone who claims that they have TC with Stainless Steel working well for them, to post a device monitor screenshot. Please, please proof me wrong!

I get a good vape with SS in power mode or in TC mode when I set the power and temperature setpoints at such levels that TC never kicks in (but the last mode of vaping is essentially the same as the first).
When the power and temperature settings are so that TC kicks in and is regulating the power, it is doing so erratically (s
ee: Post #19 in This discussion). I get the same erratic results no matter what atomizer, SS wire, factory SS coils and profile settings I use.

@Vaportron Sorry to break the news to you but you are not vaping with TC!

I mentioned in my previous post that I get a good vape with SS in power mode or in TC mode when I set the power and temperature setpoints at such levels that TC never kicks in. 
The last one is what you do; If you look at the power in your screenshot, it is a flat line so TC is not adjusting the power to maintain the temperature. What you do is in essence the same as vaping in power mode.
If you take a look at my post #19 in This discussion you'll see that I can do the same as you (bottom picture) but I also show the problem the DNA200 has when vaping SS with TC regulating (top picture)

I continue to challenge anyone who claims that they have TC with Stainless Steel working well for them, to post a device monitor screenshot. Please, please proof me wrong!

"saying a board aint no good because a user has done somthing like clamped down a .40mm wire so tight with a deck screw with a sharp bured base, the coil end is now cut and squashed and become moor like .15mm then start messing with alsorts of csv files and settings because it wont run, start slating the board on the forum, when the problems been caused by their lack of basic skill, you can allways tell when someones got the problem fixed because they stop feeding the thread and they never admit what they did wrong."

Perhaps you should read the thread, black lace, before you spout off and jump to Evolves defense. This is not my first rodeo, I have checked and rechecked everything and tried several different atomizers and wires. Be a fanboy all you want, but when you try to insult me, then I'm inclined to suggest that you attempt something physically impossible.

Several different wires from several different firms i would hope.. the stainless i finaly got working was 430 and .355 or somthing and was said to be 27 awg. It only worked for me and i emphasise the for me bit when i only inputted the measurement and left the awg bit blank, but for all the messing about im not a fan. As far as insults go, looking at the thread from the begining i'm not the only person your having a problem with.. i suggest you address the chip on your sholder beffor the chip in your board.

Bobby said:

I continue to challenge anyone who claims that they have TC with Stainless Steel working well for them, to post a device monitor screenshot. Please, please proof me wrong!

Does that include the pre-made coils that the Triton & Crown uses, because if it does, then I respectively suggest you try them, because those definitely work under TC, I tried some 317L from a company here in the UK and I could not get it to work under TC, finally giving up, and refuse now to buy anything from said company, I now prefer to use Ti or NiFe30 from Stealth Vape, and I think the reason they do not sell SS is probably because of the problems getting it to work correctly or they do not think it is safe to use, unfortunately they are not replying to enquiries about it.

Funny, I don't remember addressing this inquiry to you black lace. If my way of stating things offends you, feel free to go read something else. And I'm getting tired of trying to decipher your mangled posts, can only assume that English is a second language for you. Normally I don't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent, but your persistence warrants an exception. As for my shoulder chip, I give that to you for free, and also assume that you know where you can put it. 

Still trying to work out why you come back and fourth, youve clearly stated you dont like it,, its not my fault you cant get yer coil to work, youve been messing with it for two days. Probly moor mangled than my posts, Its obviously doing your head in, you started the thread by having a pop at evolv, then you got part of a post deleated because you had a pop at someone els, now your having a pop at me.. Laughable. I suggest you take what youve got to a vape shop, vape shop not ecig store, someone whos into mods and coil building and politly ask them face to face to help you with it.

Back and "fourth"? Drink much lace? I suspect you've been hitting the "fifth". And I'm trying to work out if "black lace" is a mode of dress for you, or just a voyeuristic preference. I won't address your nonsensical vitriol directly, as I've found that it tends to excite a troll and the mental picture of you jumping up and down in your black thigh highs and going "oh oh oh oh" is making me feel a bit nauseous. At any rate, I tire of, and am done with you. My only regret is that I can't find an "Ignore User" feature in this software...