Any news on the DNA75?

Chowderhead72

ChunkyButt200 said:

no new news on the 75, except for what's already out there. i did hear however, evolv is coming out with a tank.

Now that is exciting. I really hope it's got something new about it that others don't some new technology. They never did put out beta type mods like they said was going to happen. I really just wanted enclosure but now mod crate is doing it. BTW after seeing your post about evolv tank. I looked everywhere and found nothing about it. What do you know about it and how? Special cool? Release date? Pic? Etc.... I am still looking but not anything but your post. Is it a rta? Hope so because I refuse to but could unless it's like sx pure were it's rewickable and lasts months.

alee132 said:

Now that is exciting. I really hope it's got something new about it that others don't some new technology. They never did put out beta type mods like they said was going to happen. I really just wanted enclosure but now mod crate is doing it. BTW after seeing your post about evolv tank. I looked everywhere and found nothing about it. What do you know about it and how? Special cool? Release date? Pic? Etc.... I am still looking but not anything but your post. Is it a rta? Hope so because I refuse to but could unless it's like sx pure were it's rewickable and lasts months.

i myself learned of the tank from this youtube video. mark (vapnfagan) is at an expo in vegas where hcigar and brandon were. i guess hcigar was not supposed to bring the 75 but they did anyway. i forget where mark mentions talking to brandon, but he does somewhere within the video about a tank.

any more info other than "a tank" was not given. the tank is mentioned somewhere in the video. you gotta watch it but it's in there somewhere. i found where he starts talking about the 75 here - (for some reason it wont start at the point i have it copied at??) skip to: 11m 25 secs in.       ok i found the tank comment: 45m 05secs in. 

https://youtu.be/q8xrV0dIMU0?t=11m25s

dwcraig1 said:

Am I correct in thinking it will do voltage step up as well as down?
Just thinking out loud I guess. LOL

You are correct. I haven't heard for sure on it but logically it has to be a buck/boost (step up/down as you said) chip.  The dna200 was a buck only chip, which is probably a huge reason why they couldn't do the single cell with it.  Between this new chip ranging from 1-75 watts and it only taking a single cell, it has to be a buck/boost chip.  I mean they could of made it boost only but then it wouldn't be able to go down to lower wattage's such as 1 watt without buck.

• 2 weeks later...

good find laguz. i wish you could find a pic of the back of the board as well. i see only one gate driver, so only one inductor on the back, i'm guessing. not two like the 200.

edit......i was wrong. evolv kept the dual inductor set up on the 75. they just took away two switching mosfets. so are these inductors ran in parallel or series, is my next question. 

ChunkyButt200 said:

good find laguz. i wish you could find a pic of the back of the board as well. i see only one gate driver, so only one inductor on the back, i'm guessing. not two like the 200. 

i would like to know what that white component is below the fire button, could it be a 3 light led?