2s 18650 discussion

John

redwolfe90 said:

Upload this curve into the battery discharge curve. Note that the curve is for lg he2 cells. http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/file?id=2391339

is this discharge curve for the battery meter? Or does the chip use this curve for other things, plus is it a standard curve for that type of battery or is it a combo of batt and chip profile?Im going to be running sony vtc4 batteries

Laguz, yes, if you don't want to use Battery Analyzer you can put in a curve manually. The only difference is that EScribe wants the curve in percent remaining, not mAh. (It splits out Watt-hours as a separate setting.) I think you will find Battery Analyzer produces a similar result, though. :)

James said:

Laguz, yes, if you don't want to use Battery Analyzer you can put in a curve manually. The only difference is that EScribe wants the curve in percent remaining, not mAh. (It splits out Watt-hours as a separate setting.) I think you will find Battery Analyzer produces a similar result, though. :)

ill run the battery analyzer first and see how it comes out, what about the wire profile curve, what would the results be if I set more points along the curve

steamer861 said:

Can someone make a wiring digram for how to connect the battery sled to a DNA 200 for a dual 18650 mod.
Please and thanks:)
I'm considering a dual 18650 version of a DNA 200 mod.  Just want to get it straight in my head how it's wired 

+1 

A simple diagram will help all of us with dual 18650 configuration. John already mentioned that we need to bridge tap connections 2 and 3, but how exactly the 3 wires from the tap are connected to the battery sled?

Slide1.jpg 

This should help I guess. From bottom to top on the diagram: the '+' wire will go from the battery holder '+' to pin no 2/3 on the board, the middle wire will go from the battery holder bridge to pin 1 on the board, and the last cable will connect the battery holder '-' to ground tap connection on the board. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm trying to get this up and going and can't get past a "Check Battery" message when firing. I am getting 8.4v and in Device Monitor I am reading 4.2 for cell1 and cell2. Cell3 is reading .6. Any help would be appreciated.

Some additional info. The board works fine set to 3 cell with a lipo. I set it to 2 cell, load the curve, and set wh. It will then show the error after I connect the 2 cell sled. I metered the sled and get 8.4v, cell1 4.2v, cell2 4.2v, cell3 0.0v. It also seems to be charging properly. Cell3 shows voltage jumping around .5v in Device Monitor.

I have taken wattage to whole way down to 1 with a preheat of 10 and still seeing this. Also ran over all of the solder joints to make sure they are good.

I am also running the 8/5 version.

Thanks,

Rick

blueridgedog said:

Why so many leads for the balance charger?  With a 2s configuration you have a common ground, an intermediary hot and a final hot.  What are you trying to accomplish with the others?  

I was using the #s connector and wiring 2 and 3 together.  What's confusing me is that Device Monitor is showing good voltage on 1 and 2. Not sure what it is supposed to look like in Device Monitor on a 2 cell config.