Titanium coils

MADMODDER

sorry with all my fussing around and numerous building in the last couple of days I'm confusing myself. I built up on 6 wrap 3.0 coils and 7 wrap on 2.5 coils and results are always red hot coils...sorry for the mix up....what is coil master pro? Btw I'm building on an aromamizer velocity deck.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thanks Jentz, going to headover to the place I got the dna200 from and see what happens. Not to sure they know much about titanium wire temp control though they don't carry ti wires and didn't know much when I spoke to them before thanks for your help....and yes I'm using 26 ga. Wouldn't more wraps bring up the ohms?

I been locking the ohms by pressing fire and down button while in locked mode and see the lock symbol next to the ohm readings. The device is an efusion dna200. What is the 25% you speak of? my ohms have always started at around .17 ohms and on occasions jumped to as high as .29 ohms while in the lock position. Sometimes it stays pretty close...it's an intermittent problem. On my smok xcube 2 though it always seems to remain consistent when swapping the whole deck...

jlmr731 said:

I have quickly scanned through this so if i missed this sorry, but once you set up your profile, you lock the ohm's in, best to use an external ohm meter with a room temp coil, also the you are talking F or C ?
I use steam engine for my TI build and works with no problem. 
Now coltcannon you said you made a new coil the same way so it should have been the same, maybe ohms might have changed a small bit but you should have been able to use that same profile with no problem.

I redid about two more coils tonight.  They worked fine, and then jumped up from .17 Ohms to .23.  I used my atomizer analyzer, and it is now showing the coil at .20.  I had to force lock the Ohms.  

I wonder if it is the RDA I am using??  I got a different tank, and it was able to work, whereas my Billow still ends up burning the coils white hot.

Jaquith said:

IF you have Titanium Grade 1 with then either the CSV "DNA200-Titanium_1-SteamEngine" or the CSV I posted (CSV in the Zip file) will work, the differences are negligible.

You have to read the 'fine print' when purchasing 'Titanium' and it has to say 'Titanium Grade 1' wire. 

Example, Sweet Spot Vapor's http://www.sweetspotvapors.com/category_s/1854.htm is NOT grade 1-5 Titanium wire, it's an ALLOY of more FE (Iron, etc). Further, I assume that you are loading the CSV file properly. 

Nice tutorial on the bottom, see "Custom TCR's" http://www.evolvapor.com/guide/story.html

Question, what Titanium do you have and please provide a link.

Using your profile right now, really liking it.

7½ wraps of  0,5mm Ti from The Mesh Company inner Ø 3mm:

Thanks a bunch :)

My first titanium build.  Tested on a freakshow.  never new using a machine screw would make it so easy.  comes out to an even .1 ohm using 24awg wire.  This DNA 200 is one of the best presents a person could get.  So much fun to tinker with.  Its bringing life back to so many rda's and rta's that were just thrown in a drawer and forgotten about. 
1stTiTanium.jpg 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there guys, Ive done all i could (follow all the possible steps and techniques) and im having still issues activating tc with .4mm ti wire. Can somebody help me out to fix this. Ti wire is not cheap in our place and ive wasted 3 meters tryin to do this and that!!! It so frustrating that my lavabox dna200 is a hard to deal with. Please help a fellow vaper out. Thanks!

Shampoo:

Ti can be hard if the atomizer or mod has variable resistance.  Have you looked at device monitor to get an idea of what is sees?  Have you plugged in an accurate figure for mod resistance?  If it is still at 0, then any mod resistance will be added to the coil when the board looks for resistance changes to determine if the coil is TC capable.  

Not sure if this will help, but I had so much issues with titanium builds and there were several members of this forum who tried helping out and I really learned a lot about the device through their generousity of taking the time to help out. I have 3 of these DNa200 devices and they all were acting the same as far as the problems I had. In the end after hours and hours and 25ft of titanium wire going to waste, the last person I was in contact with gave me the best advice which was to upload the correct profiles and hard reboot the device. I been doing this since then when making changes. I'm sure people don't always have to do this but seems to work for me....

Shampoomybullet said:

And suddenly got an answer for it. I let the adjustments on escribe to,lower the preheat settings. But why? Isnt it ok already to let it be at default which is 200 watts?

I've believe we were speaking in the FaceBook DNA200 Themes group yesterday. I was going to suggest these forums for great info and help. Looks like you found them already. Scott Smith

RoofMonkey911 said:

[QUOTE=Shampoomybullet]And suddenly got an answer for it. I let the adjustments on escribe to,lower the preheat settings. But why? Isnt it ok already to let it be at default which is 200 watts?

I've believe we were speaking in the FaceBook DNA200 Themes group yesterday. I was going to suggest these forums for great info and help. Looks like you found them already. Scott Smith[/QUOTE] There's the man right there! :) yeah followed all the advises...ive watched pbusardo's vid but why all of his temp control settings was set to 200 watts and does all fine?

• 2 months later...
lexalove said:

You need to throw that coil away!

Anyone using Ti wire... do not under any circumstances allow the coil to glow orange/red and if for any reason it does throw it away immediately.

When Ti glows it oxidises and Titanium dioxide is a known carcinogen which can cause lung damage.

Looking at your picture I would guess your last coil is a slightly bigger diameter than the rest of the coil and not coming into full contact with your wicking material that's why it's getting hot. I've done the same thing on numerous occasions with Ti coils. I always put a 90 degree kink in the leg on one side of the coil so both coil legs come out on the same plane, I've had no issues since I've started doing that.

I just got my Griffin. I absolutely love it. I have started building To coils as well. Can you post a pic showing the 90° kink ur putting on one of the legs. As well as a pic of your setup. I am currently running dual twisted 28 awg @ 3mm that came out at .27 its doing great but sometimes I have problems getting the coils on the same plane as unmentioned above.Any suggestions and pi s will be appreciated. Thnx!

• 3 weeks later...

i just picked me up some 24 gauge Ti from envycig.com. coiled up a dual 7 wrap 2.5 mm for my bellus and wow! what difference over their 26 gauge. sure it's over priced and probably no better than any other run of mill grade 1. for me, price isn't to important when it comes to wire. i make one coil or set of coils for an rta/rda and just change the cotton. i only replace the actual coil or coils if they break or if i'm feeling adventurous. so 15 ft of 24 g Ti will last me a year. almost forgot, at least they give you a JOC square with your order, score! lol.

ChunkyButt200 said:

i just picked me up some 24 gauge Ti from envycig.com. coiled up a dual 7 wrap 2.5 mm for my bellus and wow! what difference over their 26 gauge. sure it's over priced and probably no better than any other run of mill grade 1. for me, price isn't to important when it comes to wire. i make one coil or set of coils for an rta/rda and just change the cotton. i only replace the actual coil or coils if they break or if i'm feeling adventurous. so 15 ft of 24 g Ti will last me a year. almost forgot, at least they give you a JOC square with your order, score! lol.

24g is nice I'm running duel twisted 24g coils .07 ohms

image.jpg

ChunkyButt200 said:

dual twisted 24g, yikes! some heavy coils you got there. and here i thought my twisted 26g nife48 coils were big, lol. that tank or rda you have them in must get crazy hot if you start chaining. 

the 30mm vcmt stays pretty cool the bottom does get luke warm. But I'm still a amateur and vape just for the 18% nicotine. I have the temp set at 330f for some reason the higher the ohms the higher I set the temp. I do have 22g Ti wire I haven't tried yet I may try this weekend

VapingBad said:

Enjoying my favourite Ti build so far, loads of flavour, fast heat up and very smooth regulation

[Ti_4s_28_AWG_tw_8wr_02]   
ETA using the inbuilt Ti profile and cheap wire from FT (SKU 2839400).

thats what I need to work on is to stabilize my temp. Quad coils at .13 is smooth but dual coils at the same ohms it's a little jumpy