Titanium coils

MADMODDER

antyac2108 said:

420F. Sorry for the delayed answer i haven't been on here in a couple of days.

The reason I asked is because it seems to me that most people vape TC around 400 degrees F. I feel weird because I don't enjoy my TC vape (titanium, SS) unless its around 540-570 degrees F. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I have to download a new .csv for every build? For instance I selected my gauge and type of wire and exported the csv file for the dna 200, but does the build section on the left side matter? I've always used that to get an appropriate estimate on my potentail wraps and such but I wasnt sure if that played into the downloaded file. Does that make sense?

Hello there everyone! I am new here and starting to get into temperature control vaping. So please forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions. I just picked up a DNA200 device by efusion and have to admit I really like it. Not sure of the characteristics of this device is, but the problem I'm having is that when I try an ni200 build, seems that it works properly it pulses when it reaches set max set temperature. But when I try building on titanium wires, I would see temp set at 200, and as soon as i fire I get "---" till I release the button. I'm not getting any live reading while firing but it does pulse the output when I hold it down. Is it normal that I dont get live reading when using titanium 1? I used steamengine to calculate the coil build and also downloaded the csv file for the dna200 and loaded it in one of the profiles. Another question I have is that with the titanium build I have ohms at .15 on the coils watts at 8.5 and temp set to 200f. I seem to be burning the cotton even at that setting and of couse the coils are glowing deep red even though I know its bad when using titanium. Is this normal? I've searched high and low for these answers but cant locate much info on these questions can anyone help, or point me in the right direction for these questions? 

Thanks!

johara45 said:

Hello there everyone! I am new here and starting to get into temperature control vaping. So please forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions. I just picked up a DNA200 device by efusion and have to admit I really like it. Not sure of the characteristics of this device is, but the problem I'm having is that when I try an ni200 build, seems that it works properly it pulses when it reaches set max set temperature. But when I try building on titanium wires, I would see temp set at 200, and as soon as i fire I get "---" till I release the button. I'm not getting any live reading while firing but it does pulse the output when I hold it down. Is it normal that I dont get live reading when using titanium 1? I used steamengine to calculate the coil build and also downloaded the csv file for the dna200 and loaded it in one of the profiles. Another question I have is that with the titanium build I have ohms at .15 on the coils watts at 8.5 and temp set to 200f. I seem to be burning the cotton even at that setting and of couse the coils are glowing deep red even though I know its bad when using titanium. Is this normal? I've searched high and low for these answers but cant locate much info on these questions can anyone help, or point me in the right direction for these questions? 

Thanks!

I've tried a lot of wires and for me by far Titanium has been the best. I prefer 24 gauge Titan Wires (Titanium Grade 1) http://titanwires.com/titan-wire-retailers/

Here's the CSV that I use and NEVER do I get 'dark red' aka glowing wires nor burnt cotton http://www.filedropper.com/titanwirescsvfiles

For more help, I'd recommend reviewing the 'Custom TCR' help found here http://www.evolvapor.com/guide/story.html

Good luck!

Jaquith said:

[QUOTE=johara45]Hello there everyone! I am new here and starting to get into temperature control vaping. So please forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions. I just picked up a DNA200 device by efusion and have to admit I really like it. Not sure of the characteristics of this device is, but the problem I'm having is that when I try an ni200 build, seems that it works properly it pulses when it reaches set max set temperature. But when I try building on titanium wires, I would see temp set at 200, and as soon as i fire I get "---" till I release the button. I'm not getting any live reading while firing but it does pulse the output when I hold it down. Is it normal that I dont get live reading when using titanium 1? I used steamengine to calculate the coil build and also downloaded the csv file for the dna200 and loaded it in one of the profiles. Another question I have is that with the titanium build I have ohms at .15 on the coils watts at 8.5 and temp set to 200f. I seem to be burning the cotton even at that setting and of couse the coils are glowing deep red even though I know its bad when using titanium. Is this normal? I've searched high and low for these answers but cant locate much info on these questions can anyone help, or point me in the right direction for these questions? 

Thanks!

I've tried a lot of wires and for me by far Titanium has been the best. I prefer 24 gauge Titan Wires (Titanium Grade 1) http://titanwires.com/titan-wire-retailers/

Here's the CSV that I use and NEVER do I get 'dark red' aka glowing wires nor burnt cotton http://www.filedropper.com/titanwirescsvfiles

For more help, I'd recommend reviewing the 'Custom TCR' help found here http://www.evolvapor.com/guide/story.html

Good luck![/QUOTE] David. Do you think your Titan wire csv will work better than the Steam Engine Ti1 csv for my lightning vapes Ti? It's surgical grade 1 so should be same as Titan right?

The file I modded was the Grade 1, but it seemed to be about 40F too cool so I simply tweaked it up a tad. The Clapton is only if your mix / Clapton is running too cool; otherwise the regular CSV file is fine. I vape in 500 F plus range... Grade 1 Titanium is Grade 1 no matter what label is put on the packaging.

Hmm, maybe Im totally in the dark on how this temp control thing and setting up properly. Does the dry cotton burn test still apply when using a titanium build? I just down loaded the csv file mentioned above and the cotton burned through as soon as i fired. And coils wend bright red hot. Even at 200f the lowest setting singed the cotton. The live temp reading worked this time though. Maybe the wire isnt actually titanium1? Any one heard of company twisted wire? Or maybe dna 200 faulty? Seems the unit works fine with ni200 and SS. Doesnt burn the cotton at 400f with those wires..

johara45 said:

Hmm, maybe Im totally in the dark on how this temp control thing and setting up properly. Does the dry cotton burn test still apply when using a titanium build? I just down loaded the csv file mentioned above and the cotton burned through as soon as i fired. And coils wend bright red hot. Even at 200f the lowest setting singed the cotton. The live temp reading worked this time though. Maybe the wire isnt actually titanium1? Any one heard of company twisted wire? Or maybe dna 200 faulty? Seems the unit works fine with ni200 and SS. Doesnt burn the cotton at 400f with those wires..

IF you have Titanium Grade 1 with then either the CSV "DNA200-Titanium_1-SteamEngine" or the CSV I posted (CSV in the Zip file) will work, the differences are negligible.

You have to read the 'fine print' when purchasing 'Titanium' and it has to say 'Titanium Grade 1' wire. 

Example, Sweet Spot Vapor's http://www.sweetspotvapors.com/category_s/1854.htm is NOT grade 1-5 Titanium wire, it's an ALLOY of more FE (Iron, etc). Further, I assume that you are loading the CSV file properly. 

Nice tutorial on the bottom, see "Custom TCR's" http://www.evolvapor.com/guide/story.html

Question, what Titanium do you have and please provide a link.

hmm really dont quite know whats going on here, the titanium coils are acting strange or maybe the device? Seems its gotten a little bit better it seems to now singe the cotton at about 320 degrees instead of 200 degrees. Should the temp be higher before the cotton starts to burn? Using same wire, same rda, same set up 2.5 dia. 6 wrap @.17 ohms using the same settings posted from Jaquith. It seems most times it burns the cotton and sometimes it doesn't. I think I must have made about 9 sets of dual coils and had the same outcome on all but this one. It almost seems maybe the device is acting erratic? Maybe defective? I still have another 2 days left to exchange it..if I have to

What it sounds like is you're using Ni200 mode and not loading the Titanium profile. Also remember there are 8 profiles. To change Profiles hold the + / - buttons then once locked quickly press + (or -) twice then by pressing the (+ or -) select your profile and fire once to lock in.

Hey, has anyone else has problems with VT200, and Ti1?  I had it working great for about two months or so, and then I had to make new coils for my Archon RDA, and Billow V2 tank.  I did it exactly the same way I did it before, following the guide I found on CraftVapery.

Every time, I set it for temp control, the coils glow white hot, and I have to throw them out.

I have made about eight different coils, before giving up due to frustration this weekend.

I have quickly scanned through this so if i missed this sorry, but once you set up your profile, you lock the ohm's in, best to use an external ohm meter with a room temp coil, also the you are talking F or C ?
I use steam engine for my TI build and works with no problem. 
Now coltcannon you said you made a new coil the same way so it should have been the same, maybe ohms might have changed a small bit but you should have been able to use that same profile with no problem.

Jaquith said:

What it sounds like is you're using Ni200 mode and not loading the Titanium profile. Also remember there are 8 profiles. To change Profiles hold the + / - buttons then once locked quickly press + (or -) twice then by pressing the (+ or -) select your profile and fire once to lock in.

Thanks Jaquith I am running it on the correct profile I understand the switching mode part. I made another set of coils after my last attempt using the same setup and again it red hot burned the coils again. I have a feeling it's the device because I have tried it a couple of times on an x cube, and even though I know they are different chips I'm quite sure the sense to the similar way. Half of the builds I've done in the last couple of days worked as expected either the xcube when swapping it over. I definitely sure I'm locking in the ohms when sitting at room temp for about half an hour to an hour. And certain I'm in the correct profile....I think I'm going to have this thing exchanged..

Thank you Jentz9517, I have that latest Escribe, and I tried both spaced and non spaced coils and they both get red hot when set at anything above 230 degrees like bright red hot. I've been reading forums all over the place and tutorials, and read that titanium should never be heated to that point is that correct?

Ya sounds really strange - I would try a hard reboot maybe or take to local vape shop and gave someone troubleshoot or double check what your doing - you may try resetting to default and start from scratch - don't know what atomizer you run ? Some are worse than others- the csv that you have is not the Clapton v2 right ? I dunno but I do know that Jaquiths file is awesome- why don't you try just 1 coil wick it juice it and vape see what it does ? Actually maybe you shouldn't vape it please be specific on what your coil is you stay 2.5 6 wrap is it 1 coil 2? Because it doesn't jive with coil master pro gr1?