Titanium coils

MADMODDER

My biggest issue with temp control has been the 510ground... Anytime my Opus goes bonkers I open it up mess with the 510 then it starts working normal again. Looks like the solder is fine thought about sanding a small spot in paint between groung wirehooks to 510 and squeezes to case might help make a better ground connection. Idk though. Lol

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either the insulator on my Opus' 510 wasn't screwed in all the way or I forced it down with my Infinite Magma clone with it's extra long 510. I was having problems with changing resistance till I correcting it. Here's a picture of it prior to screwing it all the way back in.
[image]   
I then added a dab of Super Glue gel to keep it there. It didn't appear stripped so I'm not sure how it got that way.
BTW, that glob of sealant you see here appears to be silicone that "they" used.

• 2 weeks later...
I need Help!!

I cant seem to get Ti wire working on my dna 200

My build is perfect. ohm are not moving. I've done the analyzing. I used the csv file from steam and no matter what punch i put or temperature its does temp protection instantly on any normal temp and if i go super high on the temp its burnt to a crisp. I've done a few builds and no matter whats its the same thing. Anyone can help? What is a good temp for TI and what am I doing wrong. I have a 9 wrap dual  26 g spider silk at 3 mm reading .19 steady and locked. I either cant get any vape and does temp protection and shuts down or i raise super high and its burnt to a crisp. What is my issue?

I really dont want to use NI200 but i cant seem to get TI working?

Hersh, i had similar trouble with TI on the DNA200 at first, i had downloaded the TI CSV from the Wire Wizard page but like you, it was weak upto cotton burning temps and burn from those temps and above.
I then noticed there is a link top left of the Wire Wizard page to an older Calculator, i downloaded the CSV from it and loaded it for my TI wire and now im running my Lemo 2 at 240 C (464 F), not a single dry or burnt hit and ive run the tank dry a few times. Give it a try?

I have a single TI coil, about 4 wraps of 24awg around a 3mm bit, came out around .19ohms, spaced coil, using heavy VG juice and im currently sitting at 245C (473F), pre heat is at 100w and puch set to 8... working like a charm, massive clouds and great flavour as ive just put in this coil and fresh rayon wick.

Edit: forgot to mention, i have the rayon in tight, i had to roll it as it went through the coil.. if it does not wick well then you can get dry hits.

hersh83 said:

So on the new setting I got longer time before temp protected but any long pulse and it's burnt and fires up??

You need to throw that coil away!

Anyone using Ti wire... do not under any circumstances allow the coil to glow orange/red and if for any reason it does throw it away immediately.

When Ti glows it oxidises and Titanium dioxide is a known carcinogen which can cause lung damage.

Looking at your picture I would guess your last coil is a slightly bigger diameter than the rest of the coil and not coming into full contact with your wicking material that's why it's getting hot. I've done the same thing on numerous occasions with Ti coils. I always put a 90 degree kink in the leg on one side of the coil so both coil legs come out on the same plane, I've had no issues since I've started doing that.

Mad Scientist said:

[QUOTE=lexalove][. . . Titanium dioxide is a known carcinogen which can cause lung damage . . .

You are spreading folklore, not science. The way the studies were conducted, everything is a carcinogen. I can design a study that will kill lab rats with oxygen. Should we say all over the internet that oxygen is a poison?[/QUOTE]
I think it's well accepted that Titanium Dioxide is a bad thing to inhale on a regular basis. Years ago people used to say cigarettes were harmless, but we know better now don't we. If you wish to take the risk that's fine, it's personal choice at the end of the day and who am I to tell you what risks to take with your own body.

I was giving advice to a fellow vaper. It is his choice if he heeds that advice or not.

Ive not used a dripper in ages so decided to give my Mutation X V2 a try again, dual coils, 26awg, 2.5mm inner dia, spaced coils, around 7 wraps, hits hard, came out about .24ohms. running at 200c. 100w pre heat and 80w normal, drops to about 75w then temp protect after about 3 seconds of a pull, which is all i can take right now thanks to a cold...

lexalove said:

[QUOTE=Mad Scientist][QUOTE=lexalove][. . . Titanium dioxide is a known carcinogen which can cause lung damage . . .

You are spreading folklore, not science. The way the studies were conducted, everything is a carcinogen. I can design a study that will kill lab rats with oxygen. Should we say all over the internet that oxygen is a poison?[/QUOTE]
I think it's well accepted that Titanium Dioxide is a bad thing to inhale on a regular basis. Years ago people used to say cigarettes were harmless, but we know better now don't we. If you wish to take the risk that's fine, it's personal choice at the end of the day and who am I to tell you what risks to take with your own body.

I was giving advice to a fellow vaper. It is his choice if he heeds that advice or not.

[/QUOTE] I'm not trying to start an argument but it's not "well accepted" and in terms of the existing panic based on conjecture rather than facts among the general public against vaping, it doesn't help us if we ourselves add to it. This is another case of repeating something often enough makes it true. If you want to caution someone that the effects of inhaling TiO2 are not fully known and remain controversial, that's great. If you want to say some very poorly designed studies indicate inhaling ridiculously high concentrations of very fine TiO2 dust may be harmful, that's great. When you republish the garbage that it's a known carcinogen and causes lung damage, that's folklore not advice. As far as who takes what risks, you are reading something into this conversation that's not there.