The usb is not a data cable REALLY?

darkeyes909

Got my Orion today.  The usb that comes with it appears not to function as a data cable.  Maybe it is just me, but if not?  Does that mean that you are not including a data cable?  Weird.

And escribe was not ready for it yet?

Also, out of three packs of pods, both in one pack were duds that were DOA.  The other two are fine.  I do love my DNA stuff but have not always had the best of luck with QC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am aware that Evolve does not manufacture the finished product.  But I do think they were involved enough, or should have been for such an oversight not to occur.  Just my opinion.

Here is how I experienced my purchase of the item.  It did not come with pods, they must be purchased separately.   I bought 3 2packs of pods.   One 2pack both were doa.  The other two 2packs were fine.

I hook it to escribe and it did not connect, turned out the cable that came with it was not a data cable in a device that is valued for its escribe program use with it.

When I change data cable to another one, escribe opens but does not detect the device, nor inform me of an update that would do so.

I then have to do a search of the forums to find the new version to use.

Then it all comes together.

Okay, I understand doo doo happens, glitches, etc.  but if I were not experienced and not persistant as maybe a new vapor trying an elite pod system might be, it would be disappointing.

Edited by darkeyes909
added info
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, darkeyes909 said:

I am aware that Evolve does not manufacture the finished product.  But I do think they were involved enough, or should have been for such an oversight.

hum.... if you got a "charge only" cable with your Orion you should contact LV as I'm sure they would want to know so they can correct the issue on future shipments....  you would be doing a service to other vapers who may buy the Orion....

I guess you figured out that EScribe works with the Go boards....  enjoy the vape and if you happen to find a QC issue with the Go Board  you can certainly  contact Evolv as they have the best customer service in the e-cig board industry.....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, darkeyes909 said:

I am aware that Evolve does not manufacture the finished product.  But I do think they were involved enough, or should have been for such an oversight not to occur.  Just my opinion.

Here is how I experienced my purchase of the item.  It did not come with pods, they must be purchased separately.   I bought 3 2packs of pods.   One 2pack both were doa.  The other two 2packs were fine.

I hook it to escribe and it did not connect, turned out the cable that came with it was not a data cable in a device that is valued for its escribe program use with it.

When I change data cable to another one, escribe opens but does not detect the device, nor inform me of an update that would do so.

Okay, I understand doo doo happens, glitches, etc.  but if I were not experienced and not persistant as maybe a new vapor trying an elite pod system might be, it would be disappointing.

In case other people see this about the mod not coming with pods, make sure you shop around. I almost bought a device with the mod only, was in the checkout process when I decided to check for other retailers. Sure enough, Vape Royalty sells the starter kit with 2 pods, so I ended up buying it from them for the same price I was paying the other place for the mod with no pods. I'm sure there will be a lot of retailers selling the mod only because that increases their margin, but there will also be many selling a kit with pods, so shop around.

15 hours ago, Vape_Like_A_Boss said:

In case other people see this about the mod not coming with pods, make sure you shop around. I almost bought a device with the mod only, was in the checkout process when I decided to check for other retailers. Sure enough, Vape Royalty sells the starter kit with 2 pods, so I ended up buying it from them for the same price I was paying the other place for the mod with no pods. I'm sure there will be a lot of retailers selling the mod only because that increases their margin, but there will also be many selling a kit with pods, so shop around.

The reason it doesn't come with pods in the USA is because if it was sold as a full kit a 25% tariff would apply, which would price it much higher.  Be happy it doesn't come with pods because it would be over $100.  All "full" kits , since August 23rd I think, coming from China now have a 25% import tax with parts and component tariff coming soon.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 12:42 AM, Droopydroors said:

The reason it doesn't come with pods in the USA is because if it was sold as a full kit a 25% tariff would apply, which would price it much higher.  Be happy it doesn't come with pods because it would be over $100.  All "full" kits , since August 23rd I think, coming from China now have a 25% import tax with parts and component tariff coming soon.

That was the story I heard too. But places like eciggity (Hawaii) started selling both. I guess Lost Vape was shipping them (the ones with the pods included) out later.

• 3 weeks later...

Does the Orion know which pod is installed without using escribe? I have the .5 pods and escribe (device monitor) showed the proper output for factory settings with MTL (8w, 10w, 11w) so thats good.

BTW...I wish Vape Royalty had the Orion I wanted in stock the other day, they do now, smh. The kit they sell comes with 3 pods! I paid $5 less at Element Vape but it was just for the device. I figured it was in high demand because it was out of stock everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 5:19 PM, darkeyes909 said:

I agree 100%.. Very confusing