Zaptear

Dna 250c

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, KGB7 said:

Just saw a review for a new mod;  Asmodus Lustro. Color touch screen,  gestures control and ......a usb-c port... $80.

Evolv needs to step up its game.

I'd rather have the new evolv replay feature over hands free gestures any day. But I do lust for usb-c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 67exec said:

I'd rather have the new evolv replay feature over hands free gestures any day. But I do lust for usb-c

 

I don’t care about gestures or touch screen. Point is, other companies are ahead of Evolv for less money. I don’t even need 200w or 150w. Yet we can’t get a usb-c port from a leading vaping chip maker in 2018. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best guess is that this board is basically a 4s capable dna75c. That's what Brandon insinuated in the interview with Daniel. Even though I've complained heavily about the choice to use micro usb, I have yet to see a usb-c powerbank when walking into a wally world or other chainstore. All of them I see still use micro usb to charge

Edited by 67exec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@67exec So there would go the balanced battery managament chip, the serial configuration, the 2amp charging, and a drop in efficiency. <- That's the 75C. I can't see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you watched the vid? I agree with you, Brandon compared it to the 75c, and using chips they've been using already. Plus if they pass on the boost circuit, efficiency will go up by ~10%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I watched it all. My TC with my wires works mint, so no need for me, but I will get 2 boards, just cuz. I wish he wasn't interrupted as much, and did ya catch when djlsb said 'lock the resistance'. He's always said that. Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 67exec said:

My best guess is that this board is basically a 4s capable dna75c. That's what Brandon insinuated in the interview with Daniel. Even though I've complained heavily about the choice to use micro usb, I have yet to see a usb-c powerbank when walking into a wally world or other chainstore. All of them I see still use micro usb to charge

 

I don't even know what Wally World is.  And there are multiple companies that make power banks with USB-C for almost a year. Not sure what Evolv has to do with power banks in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wal-mart, target, various other stores of that type. As of last weekend, I haven't seen a usb power Bank for sale in one of those stores that has a usb-c. What this has to do with evolv is making a comparison to show that type-c isn't as mainstream as we all would like it to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 67exec said:

Wal-mart, target, various other stores of that type. As of last weekend, I haven't seen a usb power Bank for sale in one of those stores that has a usb-c. What this has to do with evolv is making a comparison to show that type-c isn't as mainstream as we all would like it to be. 

 

I just looked at Walmart website and they have A LOT of usb-c products, 50 pages worth.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?page=50&query=usb-c#searchProductResult

Target also has usb-c products for sale.

 

I still don’t see what it has to do with power bank. If you want one that badly, buy it from Amazon or BestBuy.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your not getting it. It's just a comparison. Plus, in your Wal-Mart search, how many of those were carried "in-store"? The point of the comparison is just that the micro usb isn't completely written off. Evolv isn't the only company that keeps choosing to implement it. I'm totally pro type-c, just showing the other side of the proverbial coin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now