James

Linux EScribe Suite Beta Thread

On 6/5/2018 at 2:19 AM, Llama said:

Hi, and first of all, huge kudos for working on a Linux version of Escribe !

But I couldn't get it to work on Arch yet, both with the snap or the aur package, here's what I'm getting:

→ escribe-suite     
Initializing UNIX (GTK)...
Benchmark: Settings took 22.258 ms.

Benchmark: Register took 15.7947 ms.

then nothing, the process is still running but nothing happens, I have to ctrl+c out. Tried this as root and a regular user, with the same result.

Have you tried with the official .RUN file that James uploaded? Works great for me on Fedora 28.

I didn't run it as root (so it doesn't get installed into my root directory) but rather authorized the superuser access when I connected the device and everything seems to be working.

Edited by engmia

Le 08/06/2018 à 16:58, engmia a dit :

Have you tried with the official .RUN file that James uploaded? Works great for me on Fedora 28.

I didn't run it as root (so it doesn't get installed into my root directory) but rather authorized the superuser access when I connected the device and everything seems to be working.

Yup the .RUN file is what I call the snap package. But I'm OK now, as I did a fresh Arch install for another reason, and it works fine now.

• Like 1

Ran perfectly fine on Arch for me after installing gtk-sharp-2 and mono-5. The only issue that I had was with the installer. For some reason the installer was gigantic, and It wasn't able to be resized. Other than that, I appreciate the linux version. Escribe was one of 2 things keeping me on Windows, thankfully they are both now Linux native. :)

Hello,
just installed escribe on my Arch install, on a Dell XPS 15 with a 4k screen, that's the fairly messed up device monitor I get... Maybe it's hidpi fault? May I correct it in some way?

Thanks,
meti

Screenshot from 2018-07-03 00-25-46.png

@meti

GTK2 doesn't allow for proper scaling unfortunately.

GTK3 would be able to scale/change the scaling for a single application when using the GDK_SCALE environment variable.

Edited by Khorne

On 5/31/2018 at 5:43 AM, James said:

... it turns out I accidentally broke moving controls in Theme Designer on Linux SP15.1. Will be releasing a fix this week. 

Looking forward to this. Any attempt to rearrange things causes the program to crash. Annoying, and makes the software unusable....

Il y a 8 heures, Ak89 a dit :

Looking forward to this. Any attempt to rearrange things causes the program to crash. Annoying, and makes the software unusable.... 

Same here !... still thanks much for this port.

(installed on Debian Sid [Buster] and Debian 9.4. Have not tested everything yet, but seems to work pretty well... except for editing themes in Theme designer)

Another BIG thanks for having a Linux version! Awesome! Just another +1 that I also experienced the issue with SP15.1 causing theme designer to crash.  (edit: I did revert to SP15, and was able to have it work, just an FYI)

Also for reference, using Fedora 27.

Edited by dougbtv