Reuleaux Check Battery

brettxpmw

When I try to charge my Reuleaux via usb it doesn't work so I removed the 3 18650's and charged them from a nitecore dock. When the batteries were fully charged I put them back in the device and the device would not recognize the batteries giving me a Check battery error with the battery icon being empy and when I used escribe to check the cells it is as follows (Cell 1 reads 0.01 cell 2 reads 5.15 cell 3 reads 4.19) and when I swap the place of one battery for another rotating them from one position to the next i get the same reading. when I remove the battery that you would put in last and take out first the first two cells turn to (0.01 ) and the third reads (3.06) which I don't understand since each cell is separate. I am becoming very frustrated with this and it happened all of a sudden after about two weeks of use and everything was fine and all if a sudden this problem started after I tried to charge my mod via usb like I have successfully many of times in the past. If anyone could give me any advice I would really appreciate it. I have also tried to perform a usb recovery charge and i have tried a hard and soft reset of the device nothing seems to work. It doesn't matter what batteries I use or the placement of each cell I get these results and I think the mod is faulty and needs to be replaced. 

Don't recovery charge if the batteries are charged externally. It sounds like a problem with the balance tap wiring, they took a couple of short-cuts wiring these which may explain why cell 1 is low, but I don't know who cell 2 could be 5.15 V.   A few people see cell 1 consistently low here https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/67176-topic/

What is sounds more like, hopefully, is proper seating. If possible try a different set of batteries. I had no issues with LG HG2's, none with Sony VTC5's ... but I had some issues with my Samsung 25's. Thankfully I have a ton of 25R's; a swapped battery corrected the problem. The problem appeared to originate with the positive connections. When I swap a battery I put pressure against the spring loaded negative so the positive moves freely ie doesn't catch the plastic ring.

Possibility: What I've been the most leery about is creating a dead short removing and installing batteries with that lip moving the protective battery O-ring and exposing the ground. Hopefully in this process you didn't get a split second short.

I had a similar problem after charging Reuleaux batteries externally. Showing imbalanced batteries and appearing like a cell not making firm contact in the tray.  What got me back to full operation was a Hard Reboot from the EScribe tools menu. After doing the reboot all is well again

• 2 weeks later...

I just ran into a similar issue with one of my Reuleaux's (just like Brett's).  Has been working great for the last month since I got it.  I decided to update the settings in eScribe for the battery soft cell cutoff tonight for some reason...  But that was a mistake.  After successfully updating the settings, the device then would read check battery every time the fire button was pressed even though it was working fine before (note change from 3.2 back to 3.09).  When the device does not have a USB power source plugged in, the screen only lights up with the Wismec logo for a split second, then goes dark.  Holding the fire button will allow it to power up (once up, will get check battery repeatedly), but letting go of the fire button instantly turns off the mod.  I am using three Sony VTC5 batteries that I purchased with the mod and they were not removed at any point during the updates before or after.  So, after digging into eScribe to check the voltages in battery analyzer, here is what I have found: Cell 1 = 0.00V, Cell 2 = 5.04V, Cell 3 = 4.05V (which is the actual voltage of all three batteries when tested with a multi meter).  Swapping the battery positions makes no difference to the readings, but the cells do seem to drop over time.  There is a weird kind of fluctuation happening in device monitor (no atomizer attached) of the pack voltage that I think is responsible for the cells dropping over time (Screenshot Below and barely visible squiggle).  

voltage_fluctuation.jpg 

So, I assumed that maybe one of the wires was burnt through and maybe causing some sort of short to occur?  And, against my best judgement...  I went ahead and took it completely apart to inspect the board, battery sled, and wiring for any visible damage.  To my surprise, there was no visible damage, nothing missing or damaged on the board (that I could see), and the wires (while ridiculously thin) were all fine as well with what seemed like solid solder joints inside the sled compartments and to the board.  So, I put it all back together, and slapped the batteries back in...  Same thing.  And, after doing some reading, I went ahead and tried a battery magnet on Cell 1 just to see if it was a connectivity issue.  It was a pain getting that magnet seated properly, but seemed to make a completely solid connection and had the negative pin pretty much fully depressed. Of course, that didn't work either...

I have also tried downgrading firmware, re-updating the firmware to current, reset to device defaults, hard-boot, soft-boot, cleaning contacts, cleaning 510 threads and the spring-loaded pin.  None of which has made any difference whatsoever.  Now, I should mention that I typically charge this reuleaux with the USB port on the mod.  However, I also have 2 other sets of married VTC5s that are charged externally that I tried putting in the mod, and while the voltages were different, two things were consistent.  Cell 1 = 0.00V, Cell 2 > 5V, and Cell 3 = Actual Voltage of all 3 batteries.

Does anybody have any idea what would be going on here??  Seems to be something with the battery tray or its connection to the board, but I cannot rule out the board itself either since an eScribe update caused this to occur (although that seems like it may have been coincidental).  

Have you seen this happen before Evolv?  If not, would you like me to send you mine for diagnostics and possible repair to help others that have/will run into this in the future? Or, if there is anything you think I should try on my end...  I do know how to solder and work with batteries from years of RC experience.  Sorry for the lengthy post, but I figured I might as well give as much information as possible so others don't spend 3-4 hours worth of troubleshooting that gets them nowhere.

You had a cutoff > 0% battery profile that was wrong in the first place, replaced by another made-up arbitrary number. The Sony VTC5 and most 18650's have an actual cutoff of 2.5V~2.6V. Before setting any of those numbers you need to not only understand them but more importantly examine them .. Example the actual Battery Profile values. End result, both the 0V and 5V VTC5's are essentially ruined for any multiple battery Mod and I would strongly recommend never using those two batteries in any configuration other than individually IF you can salvage either.

I suppose I should have mentioned that taking apart the mod entailed removing every single screw, followed by rebuilding the mod which means making sure they are all tightened back down to spec.  Tightening the ground screw was the very first thing I tried due to reading about that in other threads.

And, Jaquith...  What you need to understand is these devices have battery profiles for VTC5s that were custom made by me in my second reuleaux.  I don't really care for your opinion or attitude in what the cutoffs should be or what they shouldn't be.  The battery is not actually sitting at 5V or 0V!  Cell 3 represents the actual voltage of all three batteries when tested on a multi meter. All of the batteries have been checked, and are perfectly balanced and charged.  Why don't you try re-reading my post?  I have 5 DNA 200 devices, and am very well and aware of what I am doing and have been with temp protection since its release with the DNA40.

I appreciate you trying to be helpful.  But, just because yours was fixed by swapping batteries does not mean you have universally solved all problems for this mod.  I am really looking for evolv to chime in on this one.

One year ago I remount EVOLV "DNA 30", his "soft cut-off" will be 3.08V (TCM809TVNB71).
http://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp?Searchword=TCM809TVNB71
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/21661d.pdf

Now "Escribe" have "soft cut-off" 3.09V. Good.
But all talk "2.5-2.6V". 2.5V is dead battery.
I dont understand. We have "GOOGLE", folks.
Sorry four my bad english and it is my opinion.

Wake-N-Vape said:

..., here is what I have found: Cell 1 = 0.00V, Cell 2 = 5.04V, Cell 3 = 4.05V (which is the actual voltage of all three batteries when tested with a multi meter). 

And, Jaquith...  What you need to understand is these devices have battery profiles for VTC5s that were custom made by me in my second reuleaux.

The fact remains you're suggesting something is wrong with the Reuleaux DNA 200 and I'm personally attacking. You took the Mod apart, the voltages are way off and the batteries are severely out of balance. To add to the problem the Battery Profile values you set clearly are not for the Sony VTC5's. 

You confuse something I'm saying as 'personal' when in fact I'm attempting to explain probable facts and solutions for your problems. I'm here to help solve problems nothing more.

Sony VTC5 Battery Profile and settings (10A battery profile; 24.81 Wh, 2.5V Cutoff) http://www.filedropper.com/sonyvtc5batteyprofilesdna200

What I'd recommend is to:
1. correct all user assembly errors
2. fully charge (4.2V) new Sony VTC5's externally;
3. update Escribe, firmware and battery profile;
4. hard reboot and try again.

Whether you decide to follow my suggestions is purely your choice and business. All I know for a fact is everyone using my Reuleaux DNA 200 settings and suggestions are reporting no problems. 

jurdanas said:

One year ago I remount EVOLV "DNA 30", his "soft cut-off" will be 3.08V (TCM809TVNB71).
http://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp?Searchword=TCM809TVNB71
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/21661d.pdf

Now "Escribe" have "soft cut-off" 3.09V. Good.
But all talk "2.5-2.6V". 2.5V is dead battery.
I dont understand. We have "GOOGLE", folks.
Sorry four my bad english and it is my opinion.

The Cutoff voltage needs to be less than ( < ) the 0% Voltage (Evolv's soft cutoff). Upon changing the Cutoff manually you must open the Battery Profile used and verify it's a lower value. The hard cutoff is an under Load voltage. 

The "3.09V" is a continuation of the stock Profile, FullyMax FB900HP-3S, LiPo. The built-in Hard Cutoff is 3.0V (some say it's 2.85V). Example the LG HG2 will Battery Analyzer test ~3.0V not 3.09V and the subsequent Cutoff needs to be set lower.

LiPo's, 18650's and LiFePo4's all have different charge and discharge curves, cutoff's, etc. Here's a comparison of actual discharge curves (Battery Profiles):

18650-vs-LiPo.jpg

Jaquith...  The fact remains that something IS wrong with the Reuleaux DNA 200.  The cells ARE NOT out of balance as verified on a multi-meter as well as verified by my 4 bay charger and three different married sets of VTC5 batteries.  Please read thoroughly before responding.  I spent hours reading and researching the forums to reach these conclusions and waited until I had all the information in front of me before posting this (scientific reasoning).

I appreciate you trying to be helpful, but in reality you are not and are personally attacking based on YOUR experiences.  (replaced by another made-up arbitrary number - correct all user assembly errors), there is a way to say those in much nicer and more helpful ways and not come off sounding like some sort of disgruntled know it all.  I appreciate you taking the time to reply, and for your suggestions.  But, please know that they have all been tried without success (as mentioned in original post), that I do indeed have the correct battery profile loaded (also mentioned in original post), and that I am very well versed in building micro electronics with my hands without any errors in assembly, let alone putting something back together that was already built.  I don't appreciate you acting like I must be doing something wrong and that you have ALL the answers.

Also, the cell soft cutoff can be set to whatever the user wants as it is purely a subjective setting if it is any higher than the minimum cutoff.  It will not affect battery performance one bit.  It does not NEED to be less than Evolv's preset setting. Please choose your words more carefully. Lets take RC lipo packs into consideration here.  Most RC applications cutoff at 3.4-3.6 volts (in my experience with RC Helicopters) even though they can go much lower than that.  The reason they are cutoff at that point it to protect the integrity of the cells as well as maintain charging characteristics for many, many cycles.  Can you run them lower?  Sure...  Will it affect the longevity of the batteries if they are run down to the minimum? Absolutely.  Will setting a higher cutoff hurt anything?  Nope, it won't.  While me changing the soft-cutoff seemed to have caused this, lets just go ahead and rule that out right now considering that value could not cause this behavior and move the discussion towards other aspects that could be potential issues.  There is an entire thread about the cutoff values, and I have been through the entire thing.  I am more interested in why this happened after updating the settings via eScribe?  And, if not eScribe, then what piece of hardware should we be looking towards fixing?

[QUOTE=Wake-N-Vape]

Jaquith...  The fact remains that something IS wrong with the Reuleaux DNA 200.  The cells ARE NOT out of balance as verified on a multi-meter as well as verified by my 4 bay charger and three different married sets of VTC5 batteries.  Please read.. Originally Posted by Wake-N-Vape ..., here is what I have found: Cell 1 = 0.00V, Cell 2 = 5.04V, Cell 3 = 4.05V (which is the actual voltage of all three batteries when tested with a multi meter). [/QUOTE] The what?! I quoted your reply above where you said they 0V, 5.04V and 4.05V which were the same on the Mod as on your Multimeter?! Those values are crazy out of Balance! I read those as Actual voltages. The Balancer if cells, batteries, drain unevenly .. charge and repeatedly go through steps to balance the cells. Anytime the actual voltage per cell is unbalanced past +/-0.3V, depending on the balancer over and under charging is possible. To add to the problem, programming (firmware) looks at set values and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if erroneous values are the root to problems. In this case a cutoff > profile value; in other words error handling; the programming can handle a < or <= but not a > conflicting value. I'd try what I suggested, and perhaps add to the Mod's charge and perhaps the Default screen to show Cell 1, Cell 2 and Cell 3 and keep an eye on the Cells.

Those values are how the chipset/mod are reading them...  Those are not the actual voltages of the individual cells/18650s...  Cell 3, as read by the chipset/mod is reading the actual voltage of cell 3 accurately...  And, when the batteries are swapped in position, cell three always says the same voltage regardless of battery position.  Furthermore, testing them with a multi meter and an advanced external charger, have all three cells perfectly balanced and all three sitting at the same voltage as read by the mod on cell 3 only.  My apologies if that was not clear, but that parenthetical statement was attached to cell 3, not meant to be interpreted for the other data given on the other two cells.  That was one situation where i should have been a little more clear I suppose.

I have attempted monitoring individual cells in eScribe as you mention, but this does not make any difference at all.  And while I do understand what you are saying about the programming what it can handle (I am a programmer for a living)...  I do not feel there is enough information to make the statement that they did not program conditional variables to protect against a > value.  Furthermore, there would be no need to protect against this greater value.  It will not affect battery discharge or performance even if you set it to 3.2...  This just means you will not be getting the full life out of your batteries, and this is NEVER a bad thing if you expect your batteries to last for many, many cycles.  If this is incorrect, then apparently the RC industry is doing it all wrong since these are the rules many follow in that industry.  I do understand the nature of overcharging, under charging, discharging, and over discharging... But this does not explain why the mod performs the exact same way with three externally charged, married VTC5 batteries, all sitting at a proper 4.2v volts.  Whether the batteries were charged by the DNA 200 correctly or not, the DNA 200 is not reading them correctly.  

I have attempted reverting back to the original settings I had when it worked (which was 3.2) to no avail.  No other settings have changed since I put them on the deice almost a month ago.  So, I don't think settings are to blame here.  I have also tried 2.8 for the cutoff, which makes no difference either.  There is something wrong with the mod and/or chipset...  Batteries all check out and are perfectly fine.  If I pop any of these cells into my second (working perfectly) Reuleaux, they all work fine/as expected.  Like I said, I have spent hours upon hours trying to fix this, taking in all of the available information in these forums, ECF, etc...  This is a problem very few have run into it seems.  But, deductive reasoning has led me to two conclusions.

1. Problem with the wiring (although not visible).
2. Problem with the DNA 200 board (this happened after updating settings in eScribe after all).

At this point, we are getting nowhere towards an amicable solution...  If you had this mod in your hand, you would know where I am coming from and why I have reached these conclusions.  Batteries are not the problem here.  I do appreciate your input though and you trying to help.

Oh but I do indeed have your Mod, I'm the one who published the Battery Analyzer Profiles for: LG HG2, Sony VTC5, and Samsung 25R's for the Reuleaux. Not to mention other LiPo, LiFePO4 and dual 2S configurations. In most situations (Mods) where you can easily access the balancer I'd recommend using a Multimeter and check the cell voltages manually. In most cases IF the balancer connections are 'good' the process I'm suggesting gets the Mod to good reset state. While I personally had no connection issues with LG HG2's nor VTC5's, I did with 25R's. The problem was the positive connection .. I'm pretty sure Wismec figured their o-ring was causing more problems than it solved. If the same cell is always reading 0V then either the connection or balance lead is the problem. I'd try some other batteries to see what happens, as in LG or Samsung. My business is SQL / PHP... I see coding errors all of the time. In my example you'd have to fully test to rule out; best idea is to avoid ambiguous or garbage data.

Yeah, I was initially confused by the wording of WNV's post, thinking like Jaquith that his cells were way out of balance, but obviously through subsequent posts he means that all 3 cells were at 4.05v. I tend to agree that something is awry with either the wiring or the board itself given he extent of his troubleshooting this far. And FWIW, I understand WNV's reaction to Jaquith's posts. When I first encountered Jaquith on these forums, I had a similar reaction for similar reasons. That said, as I've hung around here a while longer, I will say that IMO he sometimes gets a bad rap in large part because of his wording choices, but at the end of the day I do believe he is trying to be helpful to everyone and share his knowledge. I don't agree with everything he posts, but in his own style (which can rub people the wrong way at times) he is just trying to help. I do wish, however, that we could get away from the constant dogma on cutoff voltages.

Juaquith... My apologies on my poor wording.  What I meant is if you have my broken Reuleaux physically in your possession... Not just any working/functioning Releaux ( I do have 2 of them, one works, one doesn't).  I am very well aware of the work you have put in, and I do indeed appreciate your efforts and for the contributions to the Reuleaux community (I truly mean that, and thank you!)...  And, while we are both programmatic/problem solving individuals, I do believe we are going to have to agree to disagree in this scenario and move on.  Unfortunately, no amount of battery swaps are going to fix this, nor switching to different battery manufacturers.  The VTC5s in question were working fine for a month up until the update was pushed via Escribe and they still work fine in my working Reuleaux.  Since we have already tried multiple batteries, and configurations, it is a safe bet that we can rule those out as problems.  Just for testing purposes, I went ahead and dropped in three LG HG2 batteries, and they exhibit the exact same behavior.  I apologize for all the back and forth, but we need to allow others to chime in with their thoughts and move on from all this battery discussion as it will get us no further towards finding the solution to the problem.

Like I said, my apologies on the initial wording...  I do see how that could be interpreted either way.  But, like BMC has said, I believe I have provided enough data to rule out the batteries as being the issue ("obviously through subsequent posts he means that all 3 cells were at 4.05v" == CORRECT).  Reasoning leads me to the wiring and/or the board.  And, thank you BMC for jumping in and being more civil than we have been.  I definitely agree with you, and know he is trying to help the best he can even if it comes off a little accusatory.  Any and all help is appreciated... But, I also wish we could move past those controversial topics and move towards finding the cause of this.

I have had to mail my Reuleaux in to be either repaired or replaced and hopefully I can get a response as to what is wrong with the way the mod is reading these cells and why its causing this problem. From what I have found each person to run into this problem has had their mod attached to the computer and as soon as they update the settings they have changed on ascribe this random and very rare problem has occurred and as for it being because of the type of battery and what the cell cut off is, these two possible reasons are not possible because it was fine and never had a problem until the update on ascribe and all I did was change a screen setting on ascribe and boom the problem started from there its happened on two of my reuleaux devices so far and I have sent both in and hope to have more of an explanation rather than just a replaced device. 

Thanks for the updates Brett.  It definitely seems like you and I are having the exact same problems.  I am hoping Evolv will chime in here since this issue appears to be more related to eScribe than the hardware itself (purely speculation).  But, I am definitely hoping they can give you/us some sort of information as to what causes this and if it is avoidable.  This is definitely outside of the "normal" range of Reuleaux problems and does indeed seem to be a very rare occurrence.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

When i first got my Reuleaux i used 3 efest 3000 mah batteries and the device won't start and would sometimes start but battery would be empty although they are fully charged.

Long story short the solution to this is to connect the device to escribe, open device monitor, remove battery cover, and fiddle a bit with the batteries trying to center the positive crap of the battery to the positive crap of the device, push a bit here and there, and so on and it should work.

The battery banks are the worst that i have ever seen, this was corrected in the RX 200

Wismec are idiots because they should have tested all types of batteries, but they did not because they are money hungry losers who thought "Oh if let's just sell it no need for further testing because the consumer is an idiot and we can fix the next batch"... 

I hope the above method works for your batteries.

Stupid Wismec IDIOTS

ramzik said:

Hey guys,

When i first got my Reuleaux i used 3 efest 3000 mah batteries and the device won't start and would sometimes start but battery would be empty although they are fully charged.

Long story short the solution to this is to connect the device to escribe, open device monitor, remove battery cover, and fiddle a bit with the batteries trying to center the positive crap of the battery to the positive crap of the device, push a bit here and there, and so on and it should work.

The battery banks are the worst that i have ever seen, this was corrected in the RX 200

Wismec are idiots because they should have tested all types of batteries, but they did not because they are money hungry losers who thought "Oh if let's just sell it no need for further testing because the consumer is an idiot and we can fix the next batch"... 

I hope the above method works for your batteries.

Stupid Wismec IDIOTS

I think that's a bit harsh of a comment. They added those battery rings to protect the board and the mod, and chances are if your batteries aren't making a connection, it's an issue with the wraps and those batteries shouldn't be used until they're properly wrapped.

A lot of the battery sleds in mods tear at the top and bottom of the battery wraps, especially the top. My Reuleaux doesn't do this, and I've had several kinds of batteries in it.

That isn't to say the Reuleaux doesn't have problems. I took mine apart, positioned the screen ribbon out of harms way, took out all the wiring for the power connections on the board and replaced it with thicker, more conductive wire and grounded the board out better. Since I replaced the wiring, the mod is much more efficient on battery life, I don't have to worry about my screen failing and I know it's got a good, secure ground.

This mod, especially now that I've fixed it properly, is my favorite device. I have a Lavabox DNA200, a Vaporshark DNA200 and in the past I owned a Pre-Production Hana Modz V200 DNA200 (That thing was just garbage.) as well as other non-DNA high wattage/TC devices.

Is that to say Wismec shouldn't have waited instead of just releasing the mod with these issues? No, that's not okay at all. But I wouldn't boil it down to them being money hungry bastards, more just, not knowing what to do with their first DNA200 mod, it's the first retail mod of its kind. A DNA200 under $200 that takes 18650's opposed to a pre-installed small ass lipo. They're also correcting these issues on the newer Reuleaux's.

The reason the RX200 doesn't have them is a mixture of people bitching about the positive rings and the fact that the mod is $100 cheaper, and is constructed out of cheaper materials to cut cost. But I wouldn't take an RX200 if you handed me one for free, at least one has outright blown up that we know of, and the mods are dying left and right. Not to mention it still suffers the same issues of the DNA200 version, minus the screen ribbon, as it has undersized wiring and is only grounded with a screw. It's a sketchy, virtually untested chip in a more cheaply made frame. It also couldn't even pass a cotton burn test at launch.

I love my DNA200 Reuleaux, I love the DNA200. Did my Reuleaux have problems? Yes, none that I didn't fix before they became ACTUAL problems, everything I did was preventative, but it's been doing good for about a month now. Were the problems hard to fix? No, not really, but I'm an amateur mod maker and an engineer by occupation so it's probably easier to me than most, I'm surgeon steady with a soldering iron these days. But should Wismec have corrected these issues before launch? Absolutely, but I'm not sure they were 100% aware of all the problems, I know in the beta units the wiring was even smaller, so they at least tried.

People are being harsh on the Reuleaux because it's the new kid on the block. Basically EVERY SINGLE retail DNA200 device launch has came with its fair share of issues on this forum, and from what I can tell, honestly, the Reuleaux has had far less than some of the other's like the Hana Modz V200 and the VT200 Box.

Make sure your batteries are properly wrapped and the positive tab has a protection ring around it to where ONLY the positive dent tab is sticking out. Otherwise, not only is it unlikely the Reuleaux will even accept your batteries for use, it's just outright unsafe to do.

Is the Reuleaux DNA200 perfect? No, it isn't. Does it have some minor issues? Yeah. Major issues, I'd say no. The screen ribbon thing is its biggest problem, as the wiring is still within minimum Evolv standard and the ground on the DNA200 version is at least decent, and the mod still works without a screen. But that doesn't excuse the issues or make them okay. But I'd rather get a wonky Reuleaux that I had to fix, than get another V200 or a VT200.

People really need to calm down about this mod, other than the screen ribbon concerns, it has no SERIOUS issues with it. The battery tabs thing isn't even a 'problem', because 18650's are designed IDENTICALLY, the difference is the internal cell chemistry and the wraps, and SOMETIMES the length can vary SLIGHTLY, but the positive tab is gonna be the same. It's how it's wrapped that matters.

I would not say the reason for Wismec releasing the mod like they did was a result of greed or carelessness, I'd chalk it up to inexperience, it's their first high wattage mod, their first DNA200 mod, the first retail DNA200 that takes three 18650's and one of the few DNA200's under $200 that isn't an absolute shitpile like the VT Box was. (Not the VT200, though it did have problems, the one with the vented magnetic door that was made out of plastic and fail.)

The important thing is, they're helping their customers out by fixing and/or sending them newer versions of the mod, and if you don't want to wait, the problems are fairly easy to fix on your own, and cheap. They're also correcting these issues for the newer versions.

Now the RX200.. that thing is just, unacceptable. Much like my opinion on the IPV4 and the 50 Watt iStick, any mod that can just explode at idle rest without a direct short (AKA user carelessness) should be recalled and pulled from store shelves. That's dangerous, and when the mods do go bad, it makes us ALL look bad in the vaping community.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what up sets me some one trying to get and stay away from cigarettes .to have so much problems with a device .it all most happened to me but I still have old Fath full vv vw Tesla with a huge 15 watts of out put that I run at 8.5/9.5 watts .do not get me wrong I use a few sub ohm devices . But before I grab a cig I grab my Tesla I have a custom ipv 4 that works with a .2 titanium buld setting at 480 F 33j and I am using my Tesla more all the time like right here right now. I do have a DNA 200 being built and even after it gets added to my mod collection I will always have one simple mod close by

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK-I feel I should ask this after browsing this thread. 

I got the Wismec DNA200 due to the triple 18650 configuration, and have 2 sets of 3 LG HE4's for the device, so when one set is nearly dead, I can swap the batteries straight out for the charged ones. 

I saw something about potential dead shorts-I do not want to cause this to happen. 

Should I NOT be using this method, and stick to charging with the dedicated 1A balance charger? 

The only reason I have been using this method, was I have chargers that charge the batteries faster, but still well within their limits. 

So, should I NOT use the external chargers, and stick to 1 set using the built in balance charger, or am I OK continuing to use 2 sets in rotation? 

I have moved the ribbon cable to avoid potential future issues, but wanted to know if swapping the batteries out in this fashion is OK or not. 

Thanks everyone, Conan.