Reuleaux Check Battery

brettxpmw

Using an external charger is fine I do with the Rolo for convenience, it is best stick to one charger so the batteries all charge to the same voltage.  I think the potential shorts come from one incident with the RX200 and not the DNA 200 version.  The only way you should be able to have a dead short is if you let the end of one of the back 2 batteries touch the terminal for the front one while removing or inserting them, it is unlikely to happen IMO and easily avoided.

VapingBad said:

Using an external charger is fine I do with the Rolo for convenience, it is best stick to one charger so the batteries all charge to the same voltage.  I think the potential shorts come from one incident with the RX200 and not the DNA 200 version.  The only way you should be able to have a dead short is if you let the end of one of the back 2 batteries touch the terminal for the front one while removing or inserting them, it is unlikely to happen IMO and easily avoided.

Oh, in that case that is fantastic. 

Thanks for your fast answer-I made a thread about it incase it got lost in the posts. 

I always ensure I am careful upon removal/insertion, so glad to hear that it is OK, and only a real potential issue on the RX200 version. 

All the best, Conan. 

• 2 weeks later...
dwcraig1 said:

A description of what the same problem is would get more answers.

The "same problem" is having incorrect battery levels, my device will not stay on unless plugged in, I literally just got it back today from Evolv RMA.  I have tried everything from different firmware all the way up to the latest, hard reboots, everything I can think of.

The device simply will not stay on unless plugged in, if I hold the power button down it stays on with batteries only, obviously this is wrong.  I checked the device monitor and it states (with 3 batteries in it) roughly cell 1 around 2.50 V, cell 2 at 0.01 V and cell 3 at 2.50 V without the 3rd battery, with 3rd battery it jumps to 5.80ish V

Also the plus and minus buttons are sticking now, as is the fire button (ie; acting as being held down at times, I have to fiddle with the button to stop it).

My device functioned perfectly fine before sending into RMA because of a blown fuse so I don't really understand what could be wrong at this point.

DNA200.jpg I am having the same problem. This started yesterday after I try to plug in the USB to charge and realized I can't charge it or even vape on it! So I externally charged all 3 batteries to full and this is what I got from escribe. BTW I use 3 Samsung HE4.

DNA200-2.jpgThis is the reading I get when I removed all batteries. Cell 3 still reads 3.04V even without any batteries inserted.

I tried rotating the batteries, I even bought 3 LG HG2 (Brown) batteries and still the same result! I tried tightening the ground screw (gold plated), made sure all batteries are fully making contact, hard reboot, soft reboot... all to no avail.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I've started running into this problem; I have 4 RX200s that I am swapping DNA 200 boards into. The first one went fine and is working quite well. I use it alongside a Reuleaux DNA 200 and with identical eScribe profiles, they perform identically.

Swaps #2 and #3....I press the fire button and the mod will only stay alive if I hold the fire button down. It stays on with USB and talks to eScribe just fine.

What I didn't do, that I did the first time around, was follow the schematic to the letter. So where I'm going to explore, after unwinding, is inside the battery sled top and bottom. I see where Wismec put in the two tap leads that are used;

The Reuleaux DNA 200 is wired IDENTICALLY to the RX200. The only difference is that the positive and negative tap leads are jumpered on the DNA 200 board. Regardless of RX200 or DNA 200, both have extremely thin wires; the only thick-ish ones are the two wires to the 510 connector, and the positive battery wire off the battery sled.

So I'm taking a guess that it's the tap leads that are creating a problem. In all three RX200s, I tossed that ground strap and ran the negative battery lead down to the board itself.

Using thicker gauge wire is problematic; there's simply no room. Either the battery sled won't go in all the way, or the wires start pushing against anything and everything, the board starts coming forward, and the buttons start to stick.

btw I'm using new LG HG2 batteries that I've charged externally, and READ 100% FINE on my two working DNA200 mods.
I'm seriously contemplating gutting the entire battery sled, leaving only the magnets, and then soldering together a 3 cell 18650 pack, wired with XT60 connectors and a 4-prong tap wire plug, so I can plug it in as if it were a lipo battery.

well, my hunch was correct, which I realized after I started soldering together the 3 18650 batteries and where to put the balance leads.

I had the two balance leads reversed this whole time. I am an IDIOT.

However, it did push me to solder together an 18650 battery pack. I'll never need to wonder if batteries are married anymore!

I have the exact same problem as you. almost same batt. readings and tested them with a multimeter.  You are right. There is nothing wrong with the batteries, but something with the mod or chip.  I am very disapointed of the quality of this so far.  I was working perfectly fine and now... DANG! I get this stupid issue.  I am concerned that i might have spent over 300$CDN on this mod and two set of 3 quality married 18650 if there's no fix as this would make a darn expensive door stop...

Wismec and Evolv you guys have to jump in on this.  My device warranty just expired 3 days ago...  Really!  Ya!

Capture.jpg 

Capture_no_cell.jpg 

I now tried something new with my reuleaux. I did a hard reset with batteries in, same result, then I unplug USB, fire once, then remove battery, then plug in USB, same I get cell 1 and cell 2 0.00V, cell 3 4.14v. Then after I hard reboot it, I get this new reading, with no batteries in it.

DNA200-3.jpg 
This means anything?

• 7 months later...

Hey just wanted to chime in.

I had the exact same issue with my SMY DNA200, it would only turn on when the fire button was press, and would show an empty battery symbol and the check atomizer message  

Cell 1 and 3 read as over 5 volts and cell 2 read about 1.5 volts.

First i tried to do a recovery charge in the escribe software, but it didn't solve the problem sadly.

Then i choose to open up the device itself, to examine the battery it  myself.

I measured each of the cells with my multi meter, and sure enough cell 2 was under voltaged, to be fair it was more or less dead with a voltage around 0.25 volts, but cell 1 and 3 were fine, at around 4 volts. 

So i ordered a new battery for my device, and installed it with some slight problems, but got it installed in the end.

But the problem was still present after the new battery was installed, with some improvement tough, escribe was now showing cell 1 and 3 as 4.7 ish volts and cell 1 as a little over 2 volts.

At this point i had sorta given up, and left the SMY with the new battery on my desk for couple of days.

Irritated with the mod not working properly i took a second look at it, and saw that the voltage on the brand new battery had discharged a lot down to around 11.6 volts, so i got out the multi meter ones again, and saw that the voltage on cell 1 and 3 was 4.20-19 volts as it should be, but the voltage on cell 2 had dropped down to around 3.4 volts.

From this i could conclude that there was a short circuit some where in the mod discharging cell 2. I read around some more on different forums, and some people were talking about having luck with desoldering the usb connector from the board, then cleaning it thoroughly with rubbing alcohol, and then soldering it back on again, so i tried that.

During the cleaning a lot of black gunk came out of the connector, old e liquid mixed with dust maybe?

Anyways, after cleaning it out, i re-soldered it back on the board, crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

Luckily it worked sorta, the board stayed on, but the cell still showed the same voltage as before.

So after a night of charging, the cells were now evened out, and they all read around the 4.20-19 ish voltage, and my mod is working again.

Im also happy with the new battery, as the new battery has around 15 Watt hours in it, compared to the 9 ish Watt hours of the old battery.

I hope this post can maybe help other people with the same problem in the future, also sorry for any grammatical or spelling error's, English is not my mother tongue 

Regards

Alex