DNA 60

Brandon

ChunkyButt200 said:

here's another pic of the install. you can sort of see where i connected the 10k res to on the daughter board. it may help some......
FYI, you need to install the screen ribbon to the DNA 60 before soldering mating the two boards. i also removed the DNA's up and down buttons (not the entire button, just unclipped the actuators).

20161208_220537.jpg

Good to know thank you. I got a rework station coming pretty excited about that. I was worried about tackling this there is allot work to do on the daughter board.

Here is the one I got what do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/131713244885?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

ChunkyButt200 said:

@Rob_H wow, all that for $50, nice. definitely beats my 40w radioshack pencil iron i use. when you get it let me know how it performs, especially the hot air rework part. might get one...

Was suppose to be here yesterday but the mail is late cause Christmas I think but should be early next week. The price was really good and considering it wont be used in a commercial application just for my occasional needs it should be fine I think.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting some strange behaviour which I assume is a bug?

I lock my DNA60 and then remove the battery but not the atomizer, which is warm. When I put in a new battery and fire it and instead of keeping the old initial resistance, it changes it to the resistance of the atomizer just before I removed the battery. Does anyone else have this happen to them? If yes, anyone care to try with a DNA75?

soulseek said:

I'm getting some strange behaviour which I assume is a bug?

I lock my DNA60 and then remove the battery but not the atomizer, which is warm. When I put in a new battery and fire it and instead of keeping the old initial resistance, it changes it to the resistance of the atomizer just before I removed the battery. Does anyone else have this happen to them? If yes, anyone care to try with a DNA75?

That happens on my 75's as well, unless I plug in the usb so as to not lose power to the board. If I forget to plug in the usb, it will take a bit for the refinement to readjust to the original res. I believe its actually reading the res of the atty when you insert the new cell...

giz_60 said:

That happens on my 75's as well, unless I plug in the usb so as to not lose power to the board. If I forget to plug in the usb, it will take a bit for the refinement to readjust to the original res. I believe its actually reading the res of the atty when you insert the new cell...

Thank's for the quick reply.
Yes that is what I assumed it was doing but I thought it was just a bug in the DNA60 firmware; apparently it is not.

This sucks since there is no way for you to actually power down the DNA device so that it doesn't lose the cold reading on the atomizer.

the dna's have no on board memory to retain the stored cold resistance value so this is normal behavior of all of them really, just stick the new cell in and then wait about 5 minutes before firing it.... if you can't go 5 minutes without a vape then you should have 2 mods at any given time anyway really :)

turbocad6 said:

the dna's have no on board memory to retain the stored cold resistance value so this is normal behavior of all of them really, just stick the new cell in and then wait about 5 minutes before firing it.... if you can't go 5 minutes without a vape then you should have 2 mods at any given time anyway really :)

Waiting 5 minutes for refinement to kick in is obviously not an issue. But the DNA has onboard memory for the profiles right? It should be able to keep value of the atomizer right?

So I've put the DNA60 in a 3D printed case that I made myself. It's the first iteration so I'm going to make improvements to it. It hasn't been polished yet and the front panel is taped because I haven't had time to place the magnets. Otherwise it works perfectly, it's very light and small.

IMG_0032.jpg  IMG_0033.jpg  IMG_0034.jpg 

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the right place to post this since there isn't a DNA60 dedicated 'Report Bug' section.

When I fire the mod, my screen lights up brighter. I've tweaked the settings to all be at 30%, tried to removed 'fade in' time, basically, changed everything, yet when it's fired, the brightness seems to go to max. I let go and it's back to the 30% it's set at.

My other DNA200s do not do this when firing, they stay at the same brightness when fired or idle. Is something different in this chip to where the screen goes to max brightness when fired or some setting I can tweak to get it to stay at a low light level?

Thanks

EDIT: According to the pdf "The screen will be at full brightness while firing." - Guess that solves my question.

• 4 weeks later...

I just received an Epetite DNA 60 by Lost Vape. There are few problems with the device:

1. When attaching a new atomizer, board asks new / old question, but reads the resistance much higher than it should be. But after choosing new / old the correct resistance is displayed on the rest screen.
  2. It doesn't sense the temperature control coils and goes to wattage mode (displaying OFF) when firing atomizers with SS 316l coils (the same atomizers working flawlessly on DNA 250).
  3. I also tried temperature controlled vaping with nickel prefabricated heads of Uwell Crown on Epetite and it showed atomizer short, when it worked perfectly on other mods.
  4. Display doesn't show Profile Name on temperature dominant screen when setting up through Escribe instead displaying power dominant screen.
  5. Display doesn't show current draw while charging, when I set it up through Escribe.
Does anyone have an idea what's the problem?

there could be a wiring or 510 problem. manufacturing goof on Lost Vapes part, possibly. what does atomizer analyzer read for resistance?

do you have "profile name" selected in the screen options tab? it works on my DNA 60 when in temp dom.

just like the DNA 75, the DNA 60 cannot display USB current. only current draw from atomizer to board.

It seems you're right and it's a 510 issue. It has a hard time accepting coils, reading atomizer shorted or check atomizer many times before accepting the atomizer.

Atomizer analyzer shows ohms jumping between 0.75-0.9.

Yes, I have profile name selected and it doesn't show. I presume it's because it never enters temperature sensing mode.

Thanks for the USB current info.

ChunkyButt200 said:

there could be a wiring or 510 problem. manufacturing goof on Lost Vapes part, possibly. what does atomizer analyzer read for resistance?

do you have "profile name" selected in the screen options tab? it works on my DNA 60 when in temp dom.

just like the DNA 75, the DNA 60 cannot display USB current. only current draw from atomizer to board.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, laurie9300 said:

Can anyone tell be what connections I need for DATA ONLY (no charging), using a breakout board like this...

images (1).jpg

you need D- / D+ from this breakout board going to pins 13 and 14 on the DNA 60,  you also need to connect VCC to USB Vdetect using a 10k ohm resistor. connect GND to any ground or batt neg point on the DNA 60. this will give you EScribe capability. make sense?

usb dna 60.png

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ChunkyButt200 said:

you need D- / D+ from this breakout board going to pins 13 and 14 on the DNA 60,  you also need to connect VCC to USB Vdetect using a 10k ohm resistor. connect GND to any ground or batt neg point on the DNA 60. this will give you EScribe capability. make sense?

usb dna 60.png

Perfect sense.........thank you............

• Like 1

• 4 months later...