DNA 60

Brandon

txmonkey214 said:

Thanks. But, I would rather pay the $10 for a 1 amp charger upgrade. I was planning to switch it out with a DNA 40D chip. This is a much better option. Brandon, Please let me know when and where to pay!

I agree, the evov 1amp chargers work well and you need the charger for escribe I did not see that at first. Looking at the specs it will be a really nice board and 60w is all I need most of the time. I love my Dna200's but having a tiny device sometimes is more important.

VapingBad said:

The specsheet shows it can be connect directly to USB with a 10 k resistor in the USB Vdetect line (15).

connnections.png 

so I would need to jumper 11 and 15 with a 10k if I was to use a tp4056 board? Plus how is the screen going to be placed, hanging down or folded on top that you know of.

Frogmod said:

so I would need to jumper 11 and 15 with a 10k if I was to use a tp4056 board? Plus how is the screen going to be placed, hanging down or folded on top that you know of.

here's how i planned it frogmod, (disregard question mark, i think i have it sorted out) i could be wrong tho. i've seen VCC is also referred to as VBUS so......

dna_2_amp_routing.png 
the one marked "VCC" on the usb breakout is the vbus and i gotta add a 10k inline to 15. i think you leave "ID" open/not connected to anything. i would connect data + and - accordingly. and splice a second wire with a resistor into the +5v that goes to my 2 amp charging board. and i think i also have to splice the usb gnd to 12. i will try and get instructions on exactly what goes where..... 

as far as screen placement it's going to be exactly like the dna 40 large screen. the zif connector is in the same spot as the 40's.

ChunkyButt200 said:

here's how i planned it frogmod, (disregard question mark, i think i have it sorted out) i could be wrong tho. i've seen VCC is also referred to as VBUS so......

dna_2_amp_routing.png 
the one marked "VCC" on the usb breakout is the vbus and i gotta add a 10k inline to 15. i think you leave "ID" open/not connected to anything. i would connect data + and - accordingly. and splice a second wire with a resistor into the +5v that goes to my 2 amp charging board. and i think i also have to splice the usb gnd to 12. i will try and get instructions on exactly what goes where..... 

as far as screen placement it's going to be exactly like the dna 40 large screen. the zif connector is in the same spot as the 40's.

i think 15 is voltage detection like with some USB chargers they need 3V to say it's ok to start charging the ID is not connected in a USB cable

image.png

Frogmod said:

i think 15 is voltage detection like with some USB chargers they need 3V to say it's ok to start charging the ID is not connected in a USB cable

correct. so i think we're good to go. the reason i'm not using evolv's charge/data board is because i plan on gutting either my VS dna 40 or rdna 40. i plan on keeping and re implementing VS's zip charging. i'm leaning towards the dna 40 (internal battery) mod for the fact that the screen scrambles and no atty lock. good candidate for an upgrade, ya dig?

ChunkyButt200 said:

correct. so i think we're good to go. the reason i'm not using evolv's charge/data board is because i plan on gutting either my VS dna 40 or rdna 40. i plan on keeping and re implementing VS's zip charging. i'm leaning towards the dna 40 (internal battery) mod for the fact that the screen scrambles and no atty lock. good candidate for an upgrade, ya dig?

sound good I'll be looking forward to see it. I'm going to be installing this board in a A+ mod that has the cutouts for the 200 I was really hoping the screen position was made like the 200 anyways I'll make look work and look good. I hope there charger board doesn't throw me a wrench in my mod setup cuz I have no clue what it looks like till it gets here

ChunkyButt200 said:

i'd say neither have the actual board. click bait. you know the dna 60 shares almost the same footprint as the 40, right? i'm just wondering why you would get a box that is cut out for the 200 chip.....the 40 is about half the size of a 200 board. or are you planning on using external buttons?

the 200/75 screen position is what I was hoping for easy installation plus it was more of a panic buy. I will be using external buttons I'll make it work I have till Sunday midday to get it into the vape shop. Then I'll have time to get the right layout done.

Rob_H said:

I see on the main Evolv page they are building mods now in the Reference Mod enclosure. Dna250/200/75/60 and the prices are on point IMO. I will be going after a 60 I think, having two Dna200's a tiny little 60 will be pretty nice.

Finally they're doing that! However, are they putting the DNA60 in the same case as the DNA200? In that case, it would be worth it just making a smaller one on your own.

soulseek said:

Finally they're doing that! However, are they putting the DNA60 in the same case as the DNA200? In that case, it would be worth it just making a smaller one on your own.

Ever seen one of those in person? Damn things are really tiny. I bought the silo box which is a clone. And when I saw it in person, I am so glad I didn't buy anything else. To get a FullyMax 900mah in there, I would need a shoehorn. Notice there isn't any air vents? Because there isn't any room for air.

BillW50 said:

Ever seen one of those in person? Damn things are really tiny. I bought the silo box which is a clone. And when I saw it in person, I am so glad I didn't buy anything else. To get a FullyMax 900mah in there, I would need a shoehorn. Notice there isn't any air vents? Because there isn't any room for air.

Yes I have a 3D printed DNA200 with a Fulymax in there. Very light but it's definitely not tiny, especially if I'm going to put a DNA60 and a 18650 in there :D

retird said:

hum.... are you guys saying you are going to retrofit a DNA200 enclosure with a DNA60?  The DNA60, as I understand retro-fits into an enclosure of DNA40's. Boards are tiny compared to a DNA200. Unless I am missing something...

That's what I'm wondering, since Evolv is selling the DNA60 in a reference case but no further details or photos.