JST-XH connector wire gauge?

To create a little more space in my enclosure and save strain on the board connections I plan to mount the JST-XH female connector on 30 mm long leads, but there are no suggested wire gauges or current limits in the data sheet for these can anybody advise?

Thanks @SSV
Balance charging is new to me and I think I read that balance board will divert current from a battery at a higher voltage during charging or some periodically drain a little charge from a high battery to keep the balance.  If that is correct then the first case would be no more than 400 mA 4.2 V or <= 1.7 W would that be a fair max power for these lines then?

generally on vSENSE leads we just need to mitigate enough thermo-electric effect to get a reading that doesn't drift with saturation....when we do this in other devices, we generally use a highly stable wire, with proper terminations or joints.  A lot of error can be induced into vSENSE leads, from poor terminations, and wire that drifts under load.  It's really dependent on what kind of granularity the FW will contain.  I am assuming the resolution is below 10 bit? on the a/d?

VapingBad said:

[QUOTE=Cotay]How about using a JST-XH extension cable by removing the male connector and soldering the bare wire from the female connector?

That was my 1st idea, but Hobby king were out of stock so have just got the plugs ans sockets on the way.[/QUOTE] Am I correct in thinking that the board comes with a unattached connector ?

mandro said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad][QUOTE=Cotay]How about using a JST-XH extension cable by removing the male connector and soldering the bare wire from the female connector?

That was my 1st idea, but Hobby king were out of stock so have just got the plugs ans sockets on the way.[/QUOTE] Am I correct in thinking that the board comes with a unattached connector ?[/QUOTE]
Yes they come unconnected so you can chose the orientation.

Littlefeather said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad][QUOTE=kkamssi216]There's terminal numbers on the connector?

There are pin numbers on the board (manual pg 15) and the connector spec can be found http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eXH.pdf.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting 404. Looks to be bad link.[/QUOTE]

This should be http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eXH.pdf 

VapindBad forgot to remove . at the end of pdf

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know where one could buy a short JST-XH 3S extension cable? I'm finding them in 8 inches and longer, but I really need one two or three inches long. I swap lipos and I'm wanting to place plug/unplug strain on an extension instead of the board itself. I want to leave the balance connector where it is in the board and mod but have a replaceable extension that takes the strains of connecting/disconnecting my batteries.

It's ironic that I'm looking for shorter extension cables lol.