JST-XH connector wire gauge?

Vape_Like_A_Boss said:

Does anyone know where one could buy a short JST-XH 3S extension cable? I'm finding them in 8 inches and longer, but I really need one two or three inches long. I swap lipos and I'm wanting to place plug/unplug strain on an extension instead of the board itself. I want to leave the balance connector where it is in the board and mod but have a replaceable extension that takes the strains of connecting/disconnecting my batteries.

It's ironic that I'm looking for shorter extension cables lol.

I wouldn't worry about strain on the board. They're designed to be plugged/unplugged from a circuit board. RC guys have been doing it for years and they don't have issues. They swap batteries way more than we would. 

KTMRider said:

[QUOTE=Vape_Like_A_Boss]Does anyone know where one could buy a short JST-XH 3S extension cable? I'm finding them in 8 inches and longer, but I really need one two or three inches long. I swap lipos and I'm wanting to place plug/unplug strain on an extension instead of the board itself. I want to leave the balance connector where it is in the board and mod but have a replaceable extension that takes the strains of connecting/disconnecting my batteries.

It's ironic that I'm looking for shorter extension cables lol.

I wouldn't worry about strain on the board. They're designed to be plugged/unplugged from a circuit board. RC guys have been doing it for years and they don't have issues. They swap batteries way more than we would. [/QUOTE]

That's good to know, I was mostly worried about damaging that plug/board connection from swapping batteries. It's the plug's connection to the board I was worried about. It's really solid though, I'm just way too OCD about not damaging components. You're exactly right though, I'm an RC guy (used to be, vaping replaced my RC mail addiction), and that's exactly what I'm doing, using my Hyperion 0606i charger. I can swap my spare battery or balance charge my LiPo completely in 20 minutes or so, although usually I go a tad slower for the batteries longevity.

It's kind of neat being an RC guy, I offered support online and moderated forums when brushless and LiPo was first becoming widely accepted in 2008, and now most vapers are new to LiPo and it's like DeJa Vu, but now there's so much more technology available :D

I was into RC cars back in 1991 or so. I was using NiCd's and building my own packs (testing and matching cells). I still have my chargers that are useless. All this research into lipo packs got me interested in rc helicopters. I recently bought 5 starters (Syma 109g, Estes ProtoX quad, V911 pro, Blade MSR and Blade 120 SR) along with a lipo charger (iMax B6) and a lipo tester. My BRD200 has XT30 connectors so I can charge it with my lipo charger. I have extra batteries too. My Hana v200 gets charged via usb but while I was fixing the display, I charged it with the iMax B6 since it was out of the case.