IS THIS TRUE EVOLV ?

Monday, August 3

CHINA GUTS THE EVOLV DNA200 MOD MARKET - $117.00

[201507301642588935]

[dasfsdfsdfds]

Evolv has been in bed with China manufactures for a while now. Innokin and Hcigar have been making mods with Evolv for over a year.  It seems China retailers are going to gut the market and drive down prices.  Today I was pleased to find out that the newest Hcigar mod that uses the DNA200 will be hitting the ground at $117.04. We will be working closely with China to make sure the prices will remain low.  Once the price bar is set - it can't be raised in the minds and wallets of vapers. Let this post be a reminder of how low DNA200 mods can be sold for - and like everything in vaping - it can only get cheaper from here.

If this price holds true this will completely gut the DNA200 market and keep prices extremely low. This is the first time that Evolv technology will be on par with China technology - in terms of opening prices. Not to mention this Hcigar box mod looks completely bad ass!

Any vendor selling Authentic DNA200 mods this low will benefit and we will personally push your product as hard as we can. 

Good prices benefit the community.   

Right now this retailer is allowing you to get a notification when they are in stock.  

WHERE: >> HERE <<

WHERE DOES IT SHOW THIS PRICE? : >> HERE <<

I understand your frustration.  I know in my case, and I would assume many others, I cant afford $200 or $300 mods.  That's why I built my own.  I think most people that will buy the $117 mod were not going to buy the more expensive mod and those that would have bought the more expensive mod will not settle for the cheaper one.  Just my 2c.

I'm not sure I understand the concern here.  While China may be able to produce a device at a lower price point, that won't and doesn't stop people from buying more expensive devices.  Now, if your plan was to produce something targeted at the low-price end of the spectrum, then perhaps that cuts into your sales numbers.  But it would seem anyone selling a product or service should expect to have competition, assuming the product/service is a viable one.  However, if your plan was producing a low-cost DNA200 device, shouldn't you have been just as worried around the 350J chip coming out?  Shouldn't you be just as worried about the ever-growing number of China temp limited devices (regardless of how poorly many of them perform) being available at such low prices?  

At the end of the day, electronics power a mod, but they don't necessarily define it.  People like nice things and they like choice.  If that's what you're offering customers, then China can't really compete with your product.  Service is another crucial aspect.  People will pay a premium for better service...just ask Verizon.  Just because you can't match a Chinese mass-production price, if you're still providing a quality product backed with good service, I would expect some success to be realized.

On the flip side, if the concern is "mouths to feed"...don't you think Evolv has mouths to feed as well?  Should they limit who they sell a component to in order to give you a leg up?  Does Evolv "owe" some sort of special treatment to American manufacturers because they are based in the US?  That seem short-sighted.  It is also not a very profitable business tactic.  

Are you ONLY allowing YOUR products to be sold to Americans as well?  Or are you holding Evolv to a different standard?

If you've put all your eggs in one basket as a small business mod builder while watching what China has been offering the market over the years then you've kidded yourself thinking your business platform would always be stable. There will always be a market for high end customer builds for those with deeper pockets so I don't know if you should worry that much but you when in business you should always be looking ahead, one of the reasons I've always gotten a kick out of the trademark name Evolv! 

Look at the other side of the coin, Evolv changed the game with their brilliant ideas, look how TC has changed vaping, making it safer. All while we are under the microscope of those who want to ban vaping and return the cash flow to big tobacco. Vaping saved my life, if safer vaping can be made available to those like me who struggle week to week, paycheck to paycheck and save lives, that's huge in my book. My hat off to Evlov for all they have done, I'll be a customer for life, so long as I can afford it. ;)

Hcigar doesn't get any special pricing other than the same quantity discounts we offer everyone. On top of that, China imposes a 20% import duty on electronics brought into the country. So a domestic manufacturer already starts out ten bucks ahead of China. 

I will say we did refuse to sell to hcigar specifically while they were being a shameless clone factory. We gave them an ultimatum that I did not expect to be accepted, namely stop selling clones and we will sell you boards directly. They had been purchasing DNA 40s through distributors. And they DID. There is more money in it for them to make real products using real components and build a brand. 

One thing that I see over and over is a belief in what I call "China magic." As in "we will take this domestically made product, sprinkle some China magic on it, and it will be ten times cheaper all of a sudden. Nobody else will be able to compete. ha ha ha *evil capitalist cackle, fade to black*" That kind of thinking dominated big business decision making in the late 90s and early 2000s, but it is largely going away. China is great at some things,  less great at others, but if you go you will see there is no magic. There are just miles and miles of people. Remember, we manufacture electronics in Ohio and sell them all over the world. People don't believe me sometimes, because they believe all electronics come from china, like all meat comes from the supermarket. It can be done. 

I don't know how representative the posted price for this mod will be: I suspect that is closer to the wholesale price, but it is not out of the realm of possibility to make a device, domestically, for that, even retail, if you are willing to do it automated enough and in big enough volume for small enough margins. Here at Evolv the margins come down every generation, but the volume goes up. That is the nature of an industry that is maturing from an obscure niche to a meaningful slice of the economy. 

And this matters to the high volume manufacturers in this country. The artisanal mod makers? Not a lick. An Hcigar DNA 200 mod takes sales away from isticks and vt60s, not expensive objects of ecigarette art. 

Now this next point may not be popular, but I will make it anyway. We will do our damndest to support all genuine DNA containing devices, regardless of country of origin. Can someone in this country who has built their mod making business on support give the best customer experience? Unquestionably. Will we fix problems that have nothing to do with our board in a poorly built low cost mod? No, talk to the manufacturer. But neither do we fix problems with battery doors or sticking actuator caps or surface finish on high end devices. 

I love all my e-cigarette children, no matter the skin color or language of their other parents. 

If you are all worried about cheap boxes then make something different, make something that's not out there like a belt clip or a compartment for extra wire,cotton,small tools or a built in led flashlight. Yes it's going to cost more but it's different and the first person to do that will make a profit till everyone copies it then you build something different. I'm looking at this as a hobby/art forum just like wood working, painting and pottery.

Most industries have a period where "hand crafted" is viable.  Ours is near the end.  The price quoted above is probably as tight as you can get, if you make them in batches of a few thousand.  There will still be a market for amazing hand crafted mods, but a good general duty vaping device with the current best chip should be obtainable near the $130 point.  We want alternatives to smoking to be affordable and safe right?

The fact that these mods will contain US made chips is fantastic.  By the way, how much do you think your chip would cost even when we buy modest wholesale lots if they were NOT selling massive wholesale lots to large manufactures (i.e. in China)?

There will always be people buying hanas and sharks and such. HCIGAR making a cheap DNA 200 mod is no issue. We should be HAPPY that the chip is coming to people that don't have the budget to spend 200+ dollars.

For god sake there are people that still buy 300 dollar mech tubes. a tube. there are still people spending over 200 dollars for hammond box mods(that hammond lean yo)

HCIGAR making a cheap DNA 200 will not change a single thing. People are just so phobic about china these days. Even companies that now make nothing but original devices still get flack just for being chinese.

Honestly I will most likely buy this thing. Just so I have a more portable DNA 200 mod instead of my BrickNA 200's gigantic size.

Honestly all I want is innokin to start using the DNA 200 and we get those innocells haha.

Darklyspectre said:

[tumblr_nsnpo77O771r31daro1_540] 

GG vapecige. Tell your potential customers that you demand that stores have a huge markup and destroy competitive online pricing.

Guess who isn't touching their products now.

Now that I don't agree with, you should be able to sell at a price one wants to sell at. Greedy China trying to dictate whats done internationally. I won't be buying a VT200, I'll stick to my built mod thank you China :thumb:

MSRP = manufacturer's suggested retail price, doesn't that mean just that, suggested price!!

Wow... By telling there retailers to stick to a MSRP is not making them any more $$$ they don't want some online shop selling a ton of them for cheap. If anything this helps our "brick and mortor stores" because they can have same prices as online sellers. Guess what u know how u have to "check cart" to see price when u go shop online that's because many companies have that same/similar rule. Do more of your shopping at your local businesses not online. That helps local people right next door.

Ken Nutter said:

Wow... By telling there retailers to stick to a MSRP is not making them any more $$$ they don't want some online shop selling a ton of them for cheap. If anything this helps our "brick and mortor stores" because they can have same prices as online sellers. Guess what u know how u have to "check cart" to see price when u go shop online that's because many companies have that same/similar rule. Do more of your shopping at your local businesses not online. That helps local people right next door.

Implying everybody has B&M stores nearby. My entire vape collection is PURELY based on online purchases. I don't have B&Ms close to me and I never will.

Even when I was in the US I only found 1 B&M that wasn't like a hour drive or more. That B&M just sells rocket fuel and halo and some generic probably house juice. only had CE4s and some nautiluses and the whole thing. No high end anything. He also didn't want to focus on anything bigger than replace coils. Which is a bigger market than the hardcore people.

Very very very lovely place to hang out thought. he likes advanced stuff but he doesn't sell it. Another one in baltimore I found had more advanced stuff(mostly clone mechs though) but they were like 30-40 bucks over alot of stuff. So pretty much overpriced. Really good house juice though.

for the rest. eh. Some kiosks with junk everything. Plus the people that buy at B&Ms would buy stuff from a B&M anyway. people that shop online will pretty much always buy online. The only thing this does is destroy any option of companies competing and that is just bad for us. I mean 117 bucks VS 160. Pretty big difference. All this does is show to us the customers how big the mark up is and how much profit there is on their device since a store was able to sell it at 117 which probably still included a profit. Them just posting it on their facebook was just a dumb idea. All this also does is piss us off. No deals. no coupons. always the same price. We know that stores can easily sell it cheaper but vapecige is forbidding them to give us a better deal. It's suggested retail price china not fixed retail price.

KTMRider said:

VT200 (by Hcigar) and VTBox200 are 2 different mods. 

Surely, The VTBox200 has enormous fugly graphics on it. You'd have to be desperate to buy it instead of the Hcigar or any other.
The VT200 lists at 9999.99 now on the gearbest site as Hcigar also wants to fix the price. The low early price was a preorder. Difficult to get a preorder going on these without Hcigar finding out you are selling them cheap... The price protection is meant to ensure profit for all of it's vendors. You could almost call that a noble effort, especially since it is those vendors who will handle the warranty with the customers. Don't expect Gearbest or whomever is doing the prebuy, to provide any warranty service at all. That being said, I'd go the cheaper route cause I am a cheap bast..er.. consumer. And I have a soldering iron and know how to use it a little....

Actually, MAP's (minimum advertised prices) help protect the small vendors by not allowing companies with large buying power (lower per unit cost) to price the smaller guys out of the market.  It also benefits the manufacturer by allowing for a wider distribution.  And it benefits consumers by giving more choice in vendors.  It also levels the playing field so  vendors have to compete on consumer beneficial value added services like fulfillment and support.  It is not a perfect system but it prevents those with the deepest pockets from monopolizing.