Reuleaux by Wismec

RonS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lnguy060 said:

The Wismec Reuleaux looks awesome! I can’t wait until they do a giveaway.

Originvape is currently out of stock. I heard that Clearmistvape.com is the only website that has it in stock for pre-order.

OriginVapes is now taking orders for the next round of pre-orders.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys;
I just got a Reuleaux! I noticed, when changing batteries, that it turns on with just the back 2 batteries installed. (I accidentally hit the fire button when changing the batteries.) If I changed the eScribe settings to 2s rather than 3s, would I be able to use it with just two? I would make some sort of place holder where the third battery goes. I realize that there would be no real reason to want to do this, other than pure curiosity, and maybe to lighten it up a bit... since it IS HEAVY as hell. Anyone know about this?

Thanks,
XenonRam

XenonRam said:

Hey guys;
I just got a Reuleaux! I noticed, when changing batteries, that it turns on with just the back 2 batteries installed. (I accidentally hit the fire button when changing the batteries.) If I changed the eScribe settings to 2s rather than 3s, would I be able to use it with just two? I would make some sort of place holder where the third battery goes. I realize that there would be no real reason to want to do this, other than pure curiosity, and maybe to lighten it up a bit... since it IS HEAVY as hell. Anyone know about this?

Thanks,
XenonRam

I would be very wary of doing this. the batteries are wired in series now normally if you took any one of the batteries out of the chain there would not be a circuit made.

So why is yours working like that?

with 3 18650 in the dna 200 the first battery +ve goes to the B+ on the chip with 16 gauge wire
the third battery -ve goes to the B- on the chip with 16 gauge wire.

the only way yours is working is that by taking out one battery either the B+ or B- 16gauge wire is effectively not connected. so the current is finding another way through. 

where? through the balance wires which are a damn sight smaller than 16 gauge.

It will work, for a while, but it wont be long before that wire overheats and could possibly cause a fire.

Put up with the weight!

Edit - looking at the schematic again, no. Yes you can power the board but no you couldn't power the Atty. The negative comes off the last battery and AFAIK you'd need a switch (2S-3S) for the wiring or a blank aka a bridge.

Hmm I don't see why not AFTER making a couple changes in Escribe: 1. 3S to 2S and 2. 200W to 133W max. You'd also need to rerun the Battery Analyzer if you want the correct charging and metering of the batteries. This all entirely dependant upon Reuleaux wiring, but seeing that it's turning on appears to be correct. The Balancer runs off the ends of each cell's negative. You can review here http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/lipo.html select Show Balancer on the top diagram. Lastly, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to verify especially warranty data with Wismec http://www.wismec.com/contact/

That was my face when I saw this VB. My first post, good to see you!

Out of interest and as I'm waiting on one of these, if the battery connection wires don't conform to the Evolv specs, as they don't by the looks of that image, what redress does a customer have with the vendor/manufacturer if any.

Here's a link to some more pictures of the wires:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/djs61/media/The%20Reuleaux/Wismec%20Reuleaux%2015.jpg.html
I have some shots of live view showing battery sag at 50 and 100 watts, they are with using Mxjo 3000 mah 18650's. When I receive my LG's on Monday I'll post live views with both batteries.

lewisss said:

16gauge pvc insulated is the recommended, minimum is 18 gauge. from evolv specs.

i am running the batt analyser on 3wx lg 3000mah brown as we speak so will post results when the test is done

How about posting a live view shot firing something 25 amps?
Here's mine at just under 26 amps using 3 Mxjo 3000's.
[image]
The pack was 12.5 volts on the start.

dwcraig1 said:

[QUOTE=lewisss]16gauge pvc insulated is the recommended, minimum is 18 gauge. from evolv specs.

i am running the batt analyser on 3wx lg 3000mah brown as we speak so will post results when the test is done

How about posting a live view shot firing something 25 amps?
Here's mine at just under 26 amps using 3 Mxjo 3000's.
[image]
The pack was 12.5 volts on the start.[/QUOTE] That is crazy, I can't believe wismec have done that.. It's like voiding they're warranty with evolv for the sake of wires which should be 16/18 gage not 20/22.. Do you have a vernier dwcraig1? @lewisss the point is that the wire used will not carry the current (amps) that the chip is capable of, it's just asking for trouble and wires will get too hot and damage either the battery or the chip or even worse the owner.. I hope someone from evolv finds this post soon and tells wismec before something happens.

scooby said:

That was my face when I saw this VB. My first post, good to see you!

Out of interest and as I'm waiting on one of these, if the battery connection wires don't conform to the Evolv specs, as they don't by the looks of that image, what redress does a customer have with the vendor/manufacturer if any.

Good to see you m8, I was gutted when you left AAE-C hope you are keeping well.

dwcraig1 said:

I just did the same "test" with some LG HE4's, just about identical so I'm ruling out the batteries as the culprit.
"vernier"? is that a caliper? I have a caliper, but those aren't my pictures.
Maybe the wires will "pop" before the fuse...LOL

Yes measures to .00 mm, so the photos of the mod apart are not yours? I was just wondering the diameter of the wire..