RonS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok battery analyser done for LG brown 300mah batteries

with the 3.09 cut off they came out at 28.97 WH

so 26100 mah  

however these did not display the fast roll off at lower voltages that lipos do.
and this was a test from their first charge.

I will be re running the test once they are charged with a 3.0 volt cut off as these look like they can handle it looking at the graphs in the analyser and the battery curve is much more linear than with Lipo.

I think it was john who said you could lower the soft cut off to 2.9 as the hard cut off is 2.85.

(don't quote me on that!)

I think this will get the reading and useful life  closer to the 3000mah 33WH useful capacityrtf forgot to put the csv in lgbrown3000mah.rtf     change the .rtf to .csv and itshould work

VapingBad said:

[QUOTE=scooby]That was my face when I saw this VB. My first post, good to see you!

Out of interest and as I'm waiting on one of these, if the battery connection wires don't conform to the Evolv specs, as they don't by the looks of that image, what redress does a customer have with the vendor/manufacturer if any.

Good to see you m8, I was gutted when you left AAE-C hope you are keeping well.[/QUOTE]

I'm well. Sorry about that, my only regret was that I wouldn't get to see your craftsmanship at vapefest and get to show you 'Eclipse' but it was something I had to do for a number of reasons.

I know there's a lot of scaremongering on the web, but even without actual measurements just looking at the pics (there even seems to be an anomaly between the + & - ) it's plain to see that the battery wires are much thinner than they should be, especially compared to the output ones, this leads you to believe they don't meet the specs. Can someone take the measurements please to confirm this.

Gm111 said:

[QUOTE=Jaquith]The wire 'looks' like 18 gauge silicone encased, the small wires are for cell monitoring and 1A charging to the Balancer. Voltage drop for such short lengths is negligible <0.03V / lead. The most important 2 wires in the Mod, any, are the two output. Read the specs again and read the info printed on the wire. LOL you can use 20 gauge silicone wire for the battery.

If you look carefully the b- wire is not the same as the b+.. They're using the same wire for b- as they are for balancing..[/QUOTE]

I thought that they had disconnected the main -ve wire, but as you say the pics on photobucket show some skinnier wire for the -ve while the battery tray is being removed. 

Jaquith said:

The wire 'looks' like 18 gauge silicone encased, the small wires are for cell monitoring and 1A charging to the Balancer. Voltage drop for such short lengths is negligible <0.03V / lead. The most important 2 wires in the Mod, any, are the two output. Read the specs again and read the info printed on the wire. LOL you can use 20 gauge silicone wire for the battery.

I'm not sure you can tell by looking at the pics that the wires are silicon!

All the wires are important for the efficient and safe operation of the device.

As Gm11 states and I mentioned earlier there is an anomaly between the + & - wire gauge.

it is obvious from the pics that something is amiss.

Silicone wires with flexible cores are more flexible and typically with more sheen than PVC counterparts. Wismec has a team of Engineers and they can read. I'm confident the Reuleaux is built to spec. Evolv has published their specs since day one. I'm confident they read them. If the Reuleaux is bad with bad wiring then prove it. My box wiring is overkill http://i.imgur.com/waQ0wmnh.jpg

ChunkyButt200 said:

[QUOTE=dwcraig1]It just doesn't look like 16 gauge to me.
[image] 

where are the balance leads? whats soldered on the four balance taps.[/QUOTE] Wow .. then either pull yours apart or look at all of the images posted. Now while I'd prefer to see 3 black and 1 red, maybe they chose the colors as they did to reduce production errors. Count them .. 4 .. see http://smg.photobucket.com/user/djs61/media/The%20Reuleaux/Wismec%20Reuleaux%2015.jpg.html

Wismec_Reuleaux_15.jpg 

It only needs 2 balance wires, 4 is better but if they take 0 & 3 from the battery pads, need better photos, but you would expect to see a thin wire from each battery pad to the nearest balance pad and the 2 centre balance pads connected to the battery cradle.  I suspect that is what they have done plus taking the negative from the cradle to one of the screw points and common grounding to the chassis, but it is all conjecture from the photos.

VapingBad said:

It only needs 2 balance wires, 4 is better but if they take 0 & 3 from the battery pads, need better photos, but you would expect to see a thin wire from each battery pad to the nearest balance pad and the 2 centre balance pads connected to the battery cradle.  I suspect that is what they have done plus taking the negative from the cradle to one of the screw points and common grounding to the chassis, but it is all conjecture from the photos.

draw me up a diagram kid. im pickin up what yer layin down, but  a diagram would make my night. thanks.

ChunkyButt200 said:

can you figure out where the balance leads are?

Wow look for the little wires (2) red + (2) black = 4. Two from the top and 2 on the bottom .. all 4 balance are there and accounted for.

Yes on a 3S you need ALL 4 wires; positive and at the end of each negative:
Untitled-5.jpg 

[Identical ecig file and identical dual Ti/Kanthal Atty] Next 18650's sag (voltage drop) more than LiPo's. Here's a 2S DNA 200 (133W) with fully charged batteries (2) vs Reuleaux with 3S and nearly depleted (~10%) vs a 2000 mAh LiPo 60% vs 900 mAh LiPo fully charged:
18650-v-LiPo.jpg 

ChunkyButt200 said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad]It only needs 2 balance wires, 4 is better but if they take 0 & 3 from the battery pads, need better photos, but you would expect to see a thin wire from each battery pad to the nearest balance pad and the 2 centre balance pads connected to the battery cradle.  I suspect that is what they have done plus taking the negative from the cradle to one of the screw points and common grounding to the chassis, but it is all conjecture from the photos.

draw me up a diagram kid. im pickin up what yer layin down, but  a diagram would make my night. thanks.[/QUOTE]

Not very good, just lashed up in M$paint
wismec_posible_wiring.png

This is not a recommendation, but it could be how the Reueaux is wired, just saying don't shot the messenger.

Jaquith said:

[QUOTE=ChunkyButt200]can you figure out where the balance leads are?

Wow look for the little wires (2) red + (2) black = 4. Two from the top and 2 on the bottom .. all 4 balance are there and accounted for.

Yes on a 3S you need ALL 4 wires; positive and at the end of each negative:
Untitled-5.jpg 

[Identical ecig file and identical dual Ti/Kanthal Atty] Next 18650's sag (voltage drop) more that LiPo's. Here's a 2S DNA 200 (133W) with fully charged batteries (2) vs Reuleaux with 3S and nearly depleted (~10%) vs a 2000 mAh LiPo 60% vs 900 mAh LiPo fully charged:
18650-v-LiPo.jpg 

[/QUOTE]theres two red and one black, dunno where yer seein the fourth wire. but @vapingbad drew up a sweet diagram to help me understand. thanks @vapingbad.