Reuleaux by Wismec

RonS

ya it's a joytech chip. there's a couple first looks on youtube. looks decent. however i dunno if a dna 200 would just drop in if you didnt like joytech's board. the fire button is higher up on the joytech chip version, so im guessing it wouldnt line up with the dna's board mounted fire button. this is of course, you were lookin to mod doctor.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VapingBad said:

Curiosity of @Robby the ground tag on the battery cradle
[neg] 
you can see his original post here http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/thread/59815/wismec-reuleaux-dna200-strip

That spot where the long red wire makes the bend, is that melted plastic from the wire getting hot?
My wire will be here in a couple of days.

Can't see the wire melting the plastic without melting it's own insulation as I read it is not silicone insulated and why at only at one point unless it was shorting on the body, I suppose it could have then been repaired during QC or it could be intentional.  John has said the balance wires carry less than 40 mA so the gauge is fine.

Some more pics on the forum address from vapingbad above. It really looks like they melted a groove into the plastic and then pushed the wire into the molten plastic. The wire was stuck along the bottom surface of the wire insulation. As Vapingbad pointed out on the AAEC forum, that wire is pretty close to the 510 connector and while not an ideal way to secure the wire it was a practical solution to the possible problem. Some better quality pictures on that forum.

Margucci said:

ok i just noticed this. http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_268745.html

gearbest doing preorders for this mod for under $50 US. at first i thought it was a DNA200 but after some more reading it doesnt use the DNA chip at all. it just physically looks exactly like the DNA200 version. i can only imagine how many people will purchase this mod thinking that it is the DNA200 version which has been universally praised across the vaping community and end up with something completely different. i have lost so much respect for wismec with this move. 

I think that most people looking for a DNA 200 mod will know better. If they don't realize that it isn't the dna 200 version, they don't belong with a DNA 200 in the first place, and it would probably work out better if they ended up with this mod on accident; it's easier to use than a DNA 200 for people that can't tell the difference between the two. Read the comments on the bottom of this product. Read the comment where tne person states, "This is a really popular mod. I think they're confused like you said. http://tinyurl.com/ojzu6uq

DSC07623.jpg  bord.jpg  DSC07629.jpg  DSC07630.jpg 
Initial concerns about possible wire overheating in the top picture looked to be unfounded with some better pics in better light this morning. It looks like they deliberately melted the plastic and pushed the wire into the molten plastic to stop the wire wandering possible. The 510 is very close at that point. 

The wires to the battery cable.
There are only three plus the strap and eyelet from the negative side of the battery cradle. There were then a thin black and a thin red wire which went to pins two and three of what would have been the lipo connector. A thicker red wire (the positive from the battery cradle) was connected where you would expect it to be on the board. 

VapingBad said:

Tinfoil hat lol after you insisting my correct wiring diagram was wrong and we didn't understand LiPo wiring you left the tread in a huff, but together we put the pieces together to be able to reassure concerned owner's and of course satisfy our own curiosity.

I don't want to sound unkind, but so far I've received over a half dozen PM's about you. No your diagram missed the last wire, and anyone with the Mod can monitor all 3 Cells to SEE a difference of voltage under a load for themselves. It's one tinfoil thing after another. Now if you find a confirmed problem then and only then post it.

Jaquith said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad]Tinfoil hat lol after you insisting my correct wiring diagram was wrong and we didn't understand LiPo wiring you left the tread in a huff, but together we put the pieces together to be able to reassure concerned owner's and of course satisfy our own curiosity.

I don't want to sound unkind, but so far I've received over a half dozen PM's about you. No your diagram missed the last wire, and anyone with the Mod can monitor all 3 Cells to SEE a difference of voltage under a load for themselves. It's one tinfoil thing after another. Now if you find a confirmed problem then and only then post it. [/QUOTE]
No all the connections were there and if you translate that to a circuit schematic it is identical to the one you got from an RC hobby site.  I don't think I wrote anything about monitoring cells it this thread.  Nobody was trying to find a problem, just to check there was not one because the pictures concerned people here and on other sites.

i thought this dude wasnt going to post anymore in this thread after being unable to read a simple schematic? any who........ just ordered a wismec reuleaux from vapenw with the three free batt promotion. cant wait. also i'm ordering three LG HB6 18650's. to help with the voltage sag under higher loads. we'll see how it pans out. would it be beneficial to stretch those batt springs out to make for a more solid batt connection?

ChunkyButt200 said:

i thought this dude wasnt going to post anymore in this thread after being unable to read a simple schematic? any who........ just ordered a wismec reuleaux from vapenw with the three free batt promotion. cant wait. also i'm ordering three LG HB6 18650's. to help with the voltage sag under higher loads. we'll see how it pans out. would it be beneficial to stretch those batt springs out to make for a more solid batt connection?

I use LGDBHE4.... but it cannot charge via USB.... if some one have lg he4 discharge profile...please post hear

ChunkyButt200 said:

lol I just did one to help
rx200_schemitic.png 
Same as the circuit I posted and the RC site 3S circuit

uncle said:

[QUOTE=ChunkyButt200]i thought this dude wasnt going to post anymore in this thread after being unable to read a simple schematic? any who........ just ordered a wismec reuleaux from vapenw with the three free batt promotion. cant wait. also i'm ordering three LG HB6 18650's. to help with the voltage sag under higher loads. we'll see how it pans out. would it be beneficial to stretch those batt springs out to make for a more solid batt connection?

I use LGDBHE4.... but it cannot charge via USB.... if some one have lg he4 discharge profile...please post hear[/QUOTE]
I searched this thread for he4 with no results, but it may be worth following it someone may post one.
https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65604-topic/?

VapingBad said:

[QUOTE=ChunkyButt200]i thought this dude wasnt going to post anymore in this thread after being unable to read a simple schematic? any who........ just ordered a wismec reuleaux from vapenw with the three free batt promotion. cant wait. also i'm ordering three LG HB6 18650's. to help with the voltage sag under higher loads. we'll see how it pans out. would it be beneficial to stretch those batt springs out to make for a more solid batt connection?

lol I just did one to help
rx200_schemitic.png 
Same as the circuit I posted and the RC site 3S circuit[/QUOTE]beautiful diagram vapinbad. super stoked to put mine through the wringer when she comes. she's coming with 3 lg he4's. part of a package deal from vapenw. but got the lg chocolates coming as well as the lg hb6's. im like a kid in a candy store when it comes to vape gear!!!

ChunkyButt200 said:

Maybe, but the power wires are a little under spec and the ground tab from the battery cradle is not very substantial and will limit the effect of tweaking the springs.  It probably won't be a big deal unless you are at very high watts and I would just make sure it works well with your batteries and leave it at that.  When I say works well there have been some where the positive reverse protection plastic moulding is a bit big for the battery and they don't make a good contact, just one of those things 18650 are not precision instruments.  You could reduce the ring a little or use small disc magnet on battery +ve if you get this.