Every vt200 that I sold that ran ni200 has failed

Wvpe

I work a Vape shop and have recently sold about ten hcigar dna200. 4 customers who have not used ni200 on the unit, their units are still working. The 6 others that have use ni200, whether it be premade tank ni200 coils or wrapped coils, have all failed. I personally had 2 fail on me. Both builds of ni200 were above .1 ohm. Contacted hcigar, they just said send it back, and also set the preheat setting to 80w is best. So y have a preheat setting that goes up to 200w if it might fry the unit? I don't feel comfortable selling any dna200 device atm. What do I tell customers, don't use it for temp control? So if you don't want your dna200 to fail, only use kanthal.

wow, for real? all 6 dead from ni200? fuses blown? whats the common problem between them? im starting to wonder if the 50 amp current limit(55 peak) on the dna is too much for the current components on the board. i know it is a buck converter and its not drawing 50 amps from the batt, since the fuse is only rated at 25 amps. im thinkin maybe a hardware upgrade with more robust components. lol i dunno, i could be way off base who knows. hell yer customers could have broken their devices by doing something wrong like dead shorting the device. i dont know. i do know i feel bad for you.   

I could not look at them in escribe after they failed. It gives me a no connection message with all of them. I can't tell u what my customers settings were before they failed but with mines I had a .12 coil with preheat setting at 200w on a velocity rda, failed. The second one they sent me, I had a .14 coil at 200w preheat on a phenotype rda,, failed. Both dual builds were a 30 over 30 Clapton. Both builds I played with the hard hit setting from soft to hard and also preheat time from 1-3. I used both anywhere from 80w to 120w. So my third dna200, I have not used tc and it's been working fine. My customers with failed units said they used tc, two of them used the unwell crown premade ni200 coils.

Even with a blown fuse they should communicate with escribe, I've also been using Ni200 @ 0.12-0.23 with 200w preheat for about 3 weeks with no issue however mine is a custom box. Maybe the issue is HCigar ? Seems to be the only common link in your issue. Do you have any pics of build particularly the wiring and chip itself

I have been keeping up with this thread today and I also have the VT200. I was having trouble using temp mode and I kept looking at the escribe device monitor and this thread thinking that my VT200 would kick the bucket too, but I did notice that the VT200 has the 510 grounded and the chassis grounded. Upon further inspection I noticed the chassis screws still had roughly 2 complete turns before being full seated. upon fully seating them all fluctuation in the atty and resistance stabilized using ni200 Herakles coils. I also put the latest firmware on it and cut the preheat down too 80w, 3.1 punch with 1 sec duration. currently running at .23 ohms cold @ 47.5w 520F. here is a screen shot of what the mod is doing. maybe it will or could help you out.  dna_200_graph2.jpg   

More of a question than anything but may the zinc alloy case and press fit looking brass 510 be creating an issue. some metals just don't mix well and what I know as galvanic response could be playing in. 

Anybody run a case test on the VT yet?

Edit: I failed to mention the brass 510 center pin that is chrome plated. Not exactly built to spec anyway.

Podunk Steam said:

More of a question than anything but may the zinc alloy case and press fit looking brass 510 be creating an issue. some metals just don't mix well and what I know as galvanic response could be playing in. 

Anybody run a case test on the VT yet?

Edit: I failed to mention the brass 510 center pin that is chrome plated. Not exactly built to spec anyway.

MIne was a custom wooden floris box - Forgot to mention that

Interesting topic.  I have an Hcigar VT200 and use NI200 exclusively.  I have had no problems at all.  0.13 Ohm NI200 coil (built myself) on a Uwell Crown tank at 400 degrees at 20 Watts.  Works every time without any problems.  Also have used a Kanger mini, Smok TFV4 (5 mil), and a new Steam Crave Aromamizer with not one problem at all using NI200.  No pre-built coils, I build my own.  For me, pre-built low ohm kanthal heads are just way to hot of a vape for me.  I have not tried a pre-build NI200 coil as of yet.  I sure hope that there isn't a flaw in either the VT200 or the DNA200.  Anyway, just my 2-cents.