Reuleaux Check battery 47% charge

dedone

Opako said:

What i have found after a closer look it thats the negative pin on the cell 1 is recessed compared to the other ones. 20151130_215756[1].jpg 

That should not be a problem as long as they feel held tight, some people have reported that the plastic rings round the positive terminal can cause a poor contact with some batteries.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This might be a stab in the dark but are all the balance leads the same length? I had the same issue with a 3x18650 dna I built, two of the leads were short as they were connected close to the balance port.and the other lead was the length of a battery as it had to be connected the other end. Once I remade it with equal length balance leads the issue went away!

lewisss said:

This might be a stab in the dark but are all the balance leads the same length? I had the same issue with a 3x18650 dna I built, two of the leads were short as they were connected close to the balance port.and the other lead was the length of a battery as it had to be connected the other end. Once I remade it with equal length balance leads the issue went away!

It only has 2 balance wires, number 1 & 2, GND & 3 are jumpers from the battery connection pads, but the negative battery connection goes via the ground tab to the top left ground point on the board and the positive is wired.  So as I said above there is a possibility the GND balance connection is higher resistance and why I asked if it is common that cell1 is the low one.

VapingBad said:

[QUOTE=lewisss]This might be a stab in the dark but are all the balance leads the same length? I had the same issue with a 3x18650 dna I built, two of the leads were short as they were connected close to the balance port.and the other lead was the length of a battery as it had to be connected the other end. Once I remade it with equal length balance leads the issue went away!

It only has 2 balance wires, number 1 & 2, GND & 3 are jumpers from the battery connection pads, but the negative battery connection goes via the ground tab to the top left ground point on the board and the positive is wired.  So as I said above there is a possibility the GND balance connection is higher resistance and why I asked if it is common that cell1 is the low one.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Vaping, i'm not so "technical", does it mean that i have to send it back (if Wismec reply me) or i can do something to fix it by myself?

dedone said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad][QUOTE=lewisss]This might be a stab in the dark but are all the balance leads the same length? I had the same issue with a 3x18650 dna I built, two of the leads were short as they were connected close to the balance port.and the other lead was the length of a battery as it had to be connected the other end. Once I remade it with equal length balance leads the issue went away!

It only has 2 balance wires, number 1 & 2, GND & 3 are jumpers from the battery connection pads, but the negative battery connection goes via the ground tab to the top left ground point on the board and the positive is wired.  So as I said above there is a possibility the GND balance connection is higher resistance and why I asked if it is common that cell1 is the low one.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Vaping, i'm not so "technical", does it mean that i have to send it back (if Wismec reply me) or i can do something to fix it by myself?[/QUOTE]
IDK, there seems to be a patten, but only a few people have reported it so far although it is always cell 1.   I think it will only effect the battery monitoring under load which may cause the DNA to go into weak battery earlier the otherwise and not the vape.  You could check the ground strap connection, but the screw hole is covered with a white plug and removing it would probably void your warranty.  I am waiting for one to be delivered and will have a closer look at the issue then.

This is the official reply from Wismec about my problem:

Dear friend,

Thanks for your email and sorry for the delayed reply.
As for the problem you mentioned, kindly suggest you contact Evolv for help since our chip is provided by them.
Have a nice day.

Best wishes!

Shirley
Marketing Department

I've send the email not to the marketing, but to service@wismec.com (as write in their website fot techincal support)

I 'm starting to upset!
ok....and now!?!?!?!!?

I'm having the same issue. Like I'm not even sure where else to turn. I had a reuleaux for like 5 days running 3 brand new Samsung 25r's and it just quit. It won't turn on and if you hold the fire button it will start to come on and display the usual wismec logo and such... then immediately it flashes check battery. Cell 1 showed 0.01v while Cell 2 and 3 where just over 5v each (yup... 5) on escribe. I tried with 3 brand new batteries and same issue... even checked all the batteries in other mods and they're all good. So I took it back and the shop was awesome and they replaced it. Perfect. No issues for one whole week with the second unit then all of a sudden the same friggin thing happened. TWO fricken units?! Like come on... I'm so choked. I figured I had one faulty one and decided the second one was all I needed to bring into the bush for 3 weeks at work and here I am 5 days in with no vape.

Oh and heres the crock I got from wismec a week later Dear friend, sorry for the late reply. May I ask which country are you in? We suggest you to contact the seller for some help. Wismec will provide after-sales for dealers and our dealers have the obligation to provide warranty for end-users like you, as it is known to all that it’s more convenient for our customers. Have a nice day. Olivia Marketing Department

VapingBad said:

I got one today and all the cells have about the same voltage drop, it may just be the ground strap screw is not tight enough in the ones with a weak cell 1.

Vaping.......YOU'RE THE MAN!!!!!!!! YOU SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!
All the problem in in the srew under the white sponge, i had removed the sponde and tight the screw, and now all is working perfect!!!!!!!

THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

dedone said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad]I got one today and all the cells have about the same voltage drop, it may just be the ground strap screw is not tight enough in the ones with a weak cell 1.

Vaping.......YOU'RE THE MAN!!!!!!!! YOU SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!
All the problem in in the srew under the white sponge, i had removed the sponde and tight the screw, and now all is working perfect!!!!!!!

THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
:thumb: glad you got it sorted

• 3 months later...
VapingBad said:

Because you have a high voltage sag from the batteries.  18650s will never perform as well as decent LiPos

Really? I am into RC and my lipos are horrible for battery sag. Same ones that the DNA200 often uses. And the electric car manufacturers have lots of smart scientists, researchers, and engineers. And oddly enough they are using 18650s for their battery packs. So you better call them and set them straight. :)

BillW50 said:

Really? I am into RC and my lipos are horrible for battery sag. Same ones that the DNA200 often uses. And the electric car manufacturers have lots of smart scientists, researchers, and engineers. And oddly enough they are using 18650s for their battery packs. So you better call them and set them straight. :)

They also use Li-Po's for their battery packs...  just one example...  http://www.ronlund.com/rcheli-prod/ELEC_BATL6/CS5200-6S-50C.html

BillW50 said:

Only 140 W as the coil I had handy for the battery analyser was 0.557 ohm and the power limit for that is about 145 W, I'm sure it would look even more dramatic if I used a higher power and newer LiPo let alone a 90C LiPo.  Same charge level, same fire duration 5 seconds, same coil, though the LiPo has had a lot more charge cycles that the VTCs, the LiPo is only a 30C rating 900 mAh.
lipo_vs_18650.jpg