Reuleaux Check battery 47% charge

dedone

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because you have a high voltage sag from the batteries.  18650s will never perform as well as decent LiPos, but it could be old, tired or low CDR batteries, poor or dirty connections, poor soldering and a few other things.  What batteries are you using?  First try cleaning the battery terminals on the batteries and mod with IPA or rubbing alcohol, I also read that for some batteries the reverse protection ring is a little high and can cause a poor contact, a small disc magnet on the positive terminal should confirm this.

VapingBad said:

If you swap the a battery positions and cell 1 is still the weak one in Escribe then it is a problem with the mod.

now seems to be better (it doesn't say me nothing at the moment).
I clean the battery and mod contact with alcool and i change also battery position

catt3.png 

The red line is still a little lower, which probably means a weaker connection on that cell which could be the plastic ring on the positive connection in the mod battery cradle is a little high and struggles to make a good connection with all batteries.  If you put a thin disc magnet on the +ve of that battery and cures it than you could do 1 of 3 things: use it with the magnet, sand/cut off a little of the plastic ring or return it for replacement.

It could also be soldering to the balance connections if the magnet does not fix it.

Vaping you give me a relly BIG BIG BIG help!!!!!!!
I just reduce a lot the difference with the point that you give me. Now i'll try with the magnet and hope to clear this small balance difference.

Only hope that it isn't a problem of the mod....

I'll let you know.

THANKS again!!!!!

Looking at your graph, if you have one cell that's so far off compared to the rest it will trigger the DNA 200 to throttle / cutoff prematurely compared to the remaining 'stable' cells. I would not recommend 'sanding-off' bits of plastic on your Mod. If the battery casing is damaged then either re-wrap or replace the effected cell.

The problem is the cell (battery) if by changing the position of the cell the voltage drop changes from eg. Cell 1 to Cell 2, etc.

2521435-1.jpg 

If a thin disc magnet on the positive of the cell 1 position cure it then it is the plastic ring around the positive contact of the cell 1 position, if not it is probably the wiring maybe a dry solder joint on the balance leads.
You could do 1 of 3 things: use it with the magnet on the positive of the cell 1 position, sand/cut off a little off the plastic ring around the positive contact of the cell 1 position (this would void your warranty) or return it for replacement.

Interesting, the cell 1 reading relies on the ground strap from the battery cradle if and I repeat if this is a common thing with these it could be that the ground strap is higher resistance than the positive battery wire, it could also be that the screw is not tight enough, the moulding of the plastic battery cradle causing less mechanical pressure on the battery contact for cell 1, and a few other things.   (I am also assuming cell one is the lowest potential, but I am confident that is the case.

Do not take action on the strength of this as it is just possibilities at the moment, but it would be interesting to see how common a weak cell 1 reading is with this mod.

Opako said:

The real strange thing is that it works but when i plug the wismec to the usb and open the escrib it says check baterry... And it completely stop working. I had to hard reset everithing take the batterys out then pray for it to work again...

I would give the batteries and terminals a clean with IPA or rubbing alcohol and it that doesn't help you could try small spacer disc magnets on the positive end of the battery to see if it is the reverse protection rings being a bit long for your batteries, not ideal, but useful to check for that possibility.