my smy sdna 200 died ?

bert72

I recently bought a SMY SDNA 200, and as of yesterday it no longer works! My screen is black and does not turn on even if it was fully charged. I have done everything ie: plugged it in EScribe but my device is not recognized.Has anyone heard or come across this problem before? Really sucks all considering my device was new. :(

bert72 said:

I recently bought a SMY SDNA 200, and as of yesterday it no longer works! My screen is black and does not turn on even if it was fully charged. I have done everything ie: plugged it in EScribe but my device is not recognized.Has anyone heard or come across this problem before? Really sucks all considering my device was new. :(

Probably a blown fuse. As long as it's under warranty, you'll be fine.

dylang919 said:

True. I love Evolv's DNA boards but I don't understand all the problems. You don't hear about this happening all the time with the SX350J or the joytech boards. Why? What's different?

I didnt even know they had dedicated forums so breakdowns could be measured,, lamo.. sos, sarcasum being the lowest form ect, no offence,

dylang919 said:

True. I love Evolv's DNA boards but I don't understand all the problems. You don't hear about this happening all the time with the SX350J or the joytech boards. Why? What's different?

That is very far from the truth and I myself have had a Dna200 failure. I also have had two SX failures with one that was never resolved and never received the board back. Evolv products are very reliable and your issue is a rare one as far as I can see. If your are so inclined to do so you could pull the board and send it into Evolv. They will repair or replace it I am sure. The other option is sending that mod to wherever they have warranty work which could be China?

Here is where to contact Evolv

https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add

My third SMY SDNA200 failed last week.
The fuse has blown on this one.
The previous two were replaced on warranty, so I didn't investigate why they failed.
On both the screen said warranty repair, or warranty service, I don't remember.
This last one was rarely used, it sat under my monitor, fully charger with an aeronaut dripper attached.
I was reading something on the computer and a small puff of vapor came out of the atty, and a burned circuit board smell.
I quickly removed the atty in case the battery had failed, but the mod and atty were both cold.
The screen was dead, when I plugged it into the usb it immediately shut down my computer.
I'm so over these mods.
None of them lasted longer than six weeks.

dwcraig1 said:

I'm curious if Disley just means SMY mods or Evolv boards.

I don't know if the screen 'warranty service', means the board or the mod was at fault.
The first two SMY DNA200 mods failed and the screen said warranty service, they were replaced under warranty. I didn't enquire what the problem was.
The third failed from a blown fuse on the Evolv board.
I won't be wasting my time buying SMY again.
I also have an Efusion dna200 and a catfish LBC dna200 squonker which have been trouble free.
Is there a defect with SMY SDNA200 mods?
As far as I'm concerned, yes.

BillW50 said:

I have 13 DNA200 mods.
---
2 Reuleaux DNA200
5 HCigar VT133
4 Hotcig DX200
2 Lost Vape Triade

They all work perfectly except one VT133.

I have: 1 Wismec DNA 200 2 Efusion duo's 1 Efusion 1 Efusion Mini 2 SMY's 1 Triade 1 Vaporshark flask 133 1 Opus 200 1 Vaporized Nomads custom build DNA 200 1 Lavabox 1 Vaporshark DNA 200 1Vaporshark DNA133 Plus 1 Vaporized Nomads DNA 75 1 HCigar VT 75 1 Lavabox M So far (and I'm knocking on wood right now) no problems with any of them. Zero whatsoever. I pray that it stays this way. And yes, I rotate and use every single 1 of them. So...it's not like they're just sitting on the shelf collecting dust.