DNA 250

Nick

Got my 250 today doing a test run making sure it works. Can't connect to escride I'm sure it will connect once the new version comes out. The board isn't coated cuz of limited run of these, good thing I have some clear electrical lacquer. For a second I thought it was DOA cuz I just connected the USB and nothing was working but when I connected the battery it worked

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last week a customer at the vape shop wanted a anodize gold dna 200 box mod I was about to install one but the 1/4Kw chip came out. He has no clue that he's getting this chip. I can already see him rubbing it in everyone's face LOL!!! This is how I build my mods with no glue except to hold the screen in. IMG_4238_2.jpg  IMG_4239_2.jpg  IMG_4240_2.jpg 

Frogmod said:

last week a customer at the vape shop wanted a anodize gold dna 200 box mod I was about to install one but the 1/4Kw chip came out. He has no clue that he's getting this chip. I can already see him rubbing it in everyone's face LOL!!! This is how I build my mods with no glue except to hold the screen in. IMG_4238_2.jpg  IMG_4239_2.jpg  IMG_4240_2.jpg 

Thats really nice! And you gave away your Dna250!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Evolv don't do that sneaky trick of releasing a mod with a power leval it can almost do for the review cycle then boosting the power in fw to levels it can't do unless the battery is full and the sun is out to boost sales after the reviewers have moved on to the next device.  It's hardware that limits the ability to handle power.

That is exactly what happens when I try and use more than the 2 A output form a powerbank I am testing ATM, DNA 200 & 1 A charger both get full current, but add another charger and that happens to the DNA 200 charge current.  I would say it is probably the supply that is having trouble keeping up.

Do you know how to change the charge current in EScribe? The 1.2 version is different than the older ones. Anyway I would adjust it down until it gets stable. My guess is not all 2.1A USB adapters are the same. Many cheaper ones when pulling 2.1A, the voltage sag is high and the voltage is too low to be usable by many devices.

• 2 weeks later...