DNA 250

Nick

Evolv is once again proud to announce our new DNA 250 board. The boards are available now in extremely limited quantities. Because of component lead times customers will be limited to 1 board per device that they plan to release plus one board as a spare. We expect this to improve as component lead times improve.

The DNA 250 is the same size as the DNA 200, uses 3 cell series voltage input, utilizing the same mounting and layout for the buttons, screen, and USB with the addition of a few exciting features.

-250 Watts max

-55 Amp current output limit

-2 Amp charging via Micro USB

-Onboard reverse voltage protection

-Higher current fuse

-Smoother control system for Stainless Steel wire with Temperature Protection
(This is a firmware update and is also available for the 200, giving it a similar control structure to the DNA 75)

Spec sheets and models will be available some time next week.

Individual retail quantity pricing is as follows:

$80.00 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick said:

The DNA 250 is the same size as the DNA 200, uses 3 cell series voltage input, utilizing the same mounting and layout for the buttons, screen, and USB with the addition of a few exciting features.

Anything a 200 fits in, a 250 will fit in.

VapingModeration said:

If we were to use a power supply, what are the new specs for that?
If I use a 12V PSU, how many amps should it handle?

30 amps minimum if you want the full performance. I'd over spec it a bit to account for sag under load from the PSU and loss due to the wiring. 

im pretty new to the dna200. will this firmware update just automatically install once its released and i hook my mod up to escribe? im excited at the prospect of better performance using 316l in tc. im pretty happy with where ive got it but better is better!

For everyone wondering:

"Hello Martin,

Thank you for your interest in the DNA 250. For purchasing details, please email Karen@evolvapor.com and be sure to include your full company name, examples of devices you manufacture, your shipping and billing information, and any applicable URLs related to your business and your products.

DNA 250 quantities will be extremely limited until October 2016, and we appreciate your patience in acquiring boards this early in production.

Thanks,
Eric D
Evolv, LLC"

954kevin said:

im pretty new to the dna200. will this firmware update just automatically install once its released and i hook my mod up to escribe? im excited at the prospect of better performance using 316l in tc. im pretty happy with where ive got it but better is better!

Yes, assuming you're connected to the internet and it's pushed as an update.  Sometimes, the new firmware comes with an updated version of EScribe.  If that is the case, it will be available the first time you plug in your mod after installation.