IPV Pure X2 Sub-Ohm Tank

Neunerball

I read somewhere, that this tank can be used in TC mode with TCR. However, I haven't been able to find any further information, in order to be able to work it in TC, neither on my RX200, nor my DNA200. All I know, is that the "coil" has a 0.05 Ohm resistance.

Does anyone happen to know, how to work that tank in TC? Can you share your profile file for it?

TIA!

I get the feeling they are using that tank as a way to force people to purchase one of their mods that support it. I'm not so sure they will be forthcoming with a TCR for it. Seems kinda bush-league to me. I also have my doubts about the heating element lasting 3 months, especially considering in the instructions it says "Must not be dry burned". I can only imagine how gunked up the heating element would be after a week or so, let alone 3 months.

Cheers,
Steve

I was wondering why this wouldn't work for dna200 or any other mod if the tcr was correct in temp mode. I have been watching any video's that come out about this tank or coil that I can.  Anyways, I think one shows what we were looking for. In this video the guy uses the sx mini ml class and goes into the sx pure mode, it shows the tcr setting as well or so it seems to and its showing, TCR .00088, try that out and see if it works.

Here is the video for you to look at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDYHK4L7jr8

Start around 3:10 or a little before to see what he is doing.

One thing I don't get about all the video's I have seen on it. It shows them going in and picking temp and sx pure mode but then they say you need to go to power mode before using it. Doesn't that make it not in temp mode so it can dry burn?  I don't get that.

Please let me know how it goes if you try this. As I want to get this tank for the coil to try but I only have dna200 mods and a sx mini m class which doesn't have the sx pure mode as of yet and I bet they won't put out firmware upgrade because they want you to have to buy a new mod for this tank which I refuse to do. But I do like the looks of there new sx mini Q dual battery mod but I won't buy it till it drops in price by alot as I love and prefer my dna200 mods so far.

So far from reading what a couple people that have it are saying on other forums. They don't seem to really like it (not hate, but not loving it either). The juice capacity also seems on the low side. Seems a little gimmicky to me (usually the kiss of death imo). I think waiting a bit for more people to get it and give their impressions would be a prudent move. YMMV

PS  Lots of new tanks on the horizon and I think I'll wait to see how they all shake out.

Cheers,
Steve

That's what I am saying. I also have seen pics of someone with the actual yihi sx pure tank that looks better. I think its best to wait and see what is up with it and let some better tanks come out with it and if they don't release a actual working tcr or it isn't figured out then its pointless.

I added a new material with the TCR 0.00088 in Escribe and created a new profile. Using the Device Monitor, while vaping on the Pure X1, it doesn't show the temperature curve, as I see with my SS316L coils. It seems, it's more like a power mode, rather than TC. However, it works nicely. Thanks again, for all the input!

I have one of these, was able to get some TC. The initial room temperature resistance is about .067 ohms. When the TC starts to cut in the resistance is only at about .08 ohms so the TCR must be incredibly low. I started off with the Silver profile from Steam Engine. I played around with it a bit and managed to get a TC profile which will need a bit of tweaking. It`s the first one I`ve tried to do. Might give someone a starting point :)

SXPURE.ecigpr

There seems to be more to the Pure X2 technology of the Pioneer4you and YiHi mods than I initially thought.
With a TCR of 0.000875 (=TCR of SS317 which is slightly less than SS316L) the relative resistance change is 0.0875% per degree C. No problem so far, but if the coil resistance @ room temperature is as low as 0.067 Ohm, the absolute resistance change is 0.0586 mOhm per degree C (= TC accuracy)
I don't think the DNA200 (and other TC mods) can do true TC on coils with such a low TC accuracy (yet). Like with a SS316L coil of 0.064 Ohm (same TC accuracy), once the temperature setpoint is reached on this coil, TC will behave very erratic.

Temp control is working fine for me with 0.03 ohm base res, and this is only a bog standard Rolo with dual 26 AWG Ni200 coils, preheat = 200 W punch = 11 t = 2 s.
30_miliohm_reg.jpg 
I know the TCR is x 6 so delta r is X 3 because the res is less than half, but I don't think a YiHi would regulate as smoothly as a DNA, not any of the SX350J family anyway.  I just don't have anything with a TCR that low that I could build a 0.07 ohm coils from so this is the closest demo I can do.

• 7 months later...