EScribe Suite 2.0 (for DNA 75 Color)

shrahman said:

Have the "Soft Reboot" and "Hard Reboot" options from the previous eScribe versions been removed? I can't seem to find them anymore in eScribe 2.0

Good catch. I've fixed this for the next EScribe service pack.

Tubbyengineer said:

I've been having a poke and noticed that using Escribe 2 with a DNA75 the indicator light settings are not loading correctly when you load a theme.

Good catch. I have fixed this. It will be working in the next EScribe service pack.

JimScotty0 said:

On my DNA 250's, I also see it revert back to default settings on the following in Theme Designer no matter what I do:

New Coil Yes/No: (I do use custom X/Y settings)
Temperature Protected:

Thanks! I've fixed this.
  • Like 1

James said:

I'm glad people are trying EScribe 2.0 with other boards. That's how the bugs and kinks will get worked out. :)

:thumb: 

Just a suggestion if someone is attempting to make changes that Escribe 2.0 isn't allowing them to...
  • Like 1

I've posted up SP1. This Service Pack corrects minor bugs, and most significantly, it won't lose your DNA 60/75/200/250 theme settings any more.
This should be usable on those DNA products. Let me know if you run into anything.

James said:

I've posted up SP1. This Service Pack corrects minor bugs, and most significantly, it won't lose your DNA 60/75/200/250 theme settings any more.
This should be usable on those DNA products. Let me know if you run into anything.

@James....still seeing this round robin issue ...

giz_60 said:

James,
Unless I am missing something, it seems that whenever a screen is set to 'round robin', when it goes from the top field to the bottom field on the screen & visa versa...the 'status' is not updating to what is entered for that field, but rather retaining the 'status' of the field it was last on...hope that made sense...

VapingBad said:

I'm getting the same.

• James pinned this topic
On 5/3/2017 at 10:05 PM, James said:

Please let me know what bugs you encounter. Wider testing of the software will undoubtedly uncover some, and I'll be glad to fix them.
Suggestions and other feedback are also welcome. :)

@James   When setting up a field to display the USB charging current (Miscellaneous → USB → Current), regardless of the battery's charge level, it is always showing 0.75A on the device screen.  Inline meter is reading 0.11A on a fairly full charged cell, but the device is always showing 0.75A ?  Only when the cell is fully charged does it change...to 0.00

USB Charge Current.PNG

@giz_60 Like DNA 75, DNA 75 Color uses an integrated charging chip and has no way of knowing the USB current level. It does get a charge status from the chip, but it's off/on.

As a result, what it shows there is basically a middle-of-the-road estimate of what it expects it to be. It will show either be 0.00 if not charging or 0.75 if charging (or 0.25 if in a  safety low-current charging mode).

11 minutes ago, James said:

@giz_60 Like DNA 75, DNA 75 Color uses an integrated charging chip and has no way of knowing the USB current level. It does get a charge status from the chip, but it's off/on.

As a result, what it shows there is basically a middle-of-the-road estimate of what it expects it to be. It will show either be 0.00 if not charging or 0.75 if charging (or 0.25 if in a  safety low-current charging mode).

@James Thanks...another quick & possibly silly question. Recently received the Out Of Memory message. Went to check Space Used & got the message again. Deleted a couple of fields from a screen & was able to bring up the Spaced Used info....Now the silly question....what is the difference between the 2 memory slots listed? I know it should be obvious, but....And is there any way to utilize more of the On-Board Memory?

Spaced Used.PNG

On-Board Memory is used for wallpapers, fonts, and screen configuration.

Off-Board Memory is used for meters, pictures, and toggles, unless they update live, in which case they go in On-Board Memory.

In the event Off-Board Memory is full, it *should* automatically move extra pictures into On-Board Memory. If it's not doing that (as it sounds like), that is a bug. Could you send me your ecigtheme?

3 hours ago, James said:

On-Board Memory is used for wallpapers, fonts, and screen configuration.

Off-Board Memory is used for meters, pictures, and toggles, unless they update live, in which case they go in On-Board Memory.

In the event Off-Board Memory is full, it *should* automatically move extra pictures into On-Board Memory. If it's not doing that (as it sounds like), that is a bug. Could you send me your ecigtheme?

Well..after having the issue, I had removed some things to help resolve the issue & now I can't seem to replicate it. If I run into this again, I will send you the file...

(Off topic, I had 1 message in my inbox & tried to compose a new message but got a message stating Inbox was full & couldn't compose a new message. Deleted the message, sent myself another & got the same results again. Not sure if this is normal or not.)

• Like 1

Hi @copyman!

Thanks for this. Could you please post it to https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/category/12-translations/? If you do not put it in a .zip (this forum should allow attaching .po files), in EScribe 2.0 someone can install it easily by going Help->Languages->Install. By the way, I just got a Bulgarian translation for this forum (from https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8529-bulgarian-translation-ips-4xx/). Does it seem good quality in your opinion? Thanks!

James

• Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 4:55 PM, James said:

Good catch! I've fixed the Inbox message limit.

@James  Maybe we need to start a thread for forum issues...I tried to edit a post, got a message the page wasn't found & now the 'Edit' link is gone from all of my posts

Edit:  Now it's back...but still missing on previous posts

Edit Missing.PNG

Edited by giz_60
Edit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, giz_60 said:

@James  Maybe we need to start a thread for forum issues...I tried to edit a post, got a message the page wasn't found & now the 'Edit' link is gone from all of my posts

Edit:  Now it's back...but still missing on previous posts

Edit Missing.PNG

Now instead of 'Edit', it shows 'Options' and the only option available is 'Hide'...also, selecting 'General Discussion' under the DNA 200 & 250 section is showing a blank page....at least for me it is....

Options.PNG

General Discussion.PNG

• Like 1

On среда, 10 мај 2017 at 4:03 PM, Wayneo said:

@James Can you explain why, for the 1st time, there are 2 versions (U.S & International). Is it perhaps ONLY languages/localization? Thank you.

I would like to know this too, please.

48 minutes ago, MacVap said:

49 minutes ago, MacVap said:

Obviously I am not James, but there is no difference in features at the moment, but as I understand it it's in preparation so manufactures can keep to the pre FDA regulation date (8/8 IIRC) features if new features are added in the future.

• Like 1