EScribe Suite 2.0 (for DNA 75 Color)

На 16.05.2017 г. at 23:32, James написа:

Hi @copyman!

Thanks for this. Could you please post it to https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/category/12-translations/? If you do not put it in a .zip (this forum should allow attaching .po files), in EScribe 2.0 someone can install it easily by going Help->Languages->Install. By the way, I just got a Bulgarian translation for this forum (from https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8529-bulgarian-translation-ips-4xx/). Does it seem good quality in your opinion? Thanks!

James

Yes - Translating the forum is good - I can not see mistakes and some crunching messages :)

• James changed the title to EScribe Suite 2.0 (for DNA 75 Color)
  • James unpinned this topic

Hi, I'm experiencing the following with Escribe 2.0, up to the latest SP2, with a therion 75C.

Hi, I'm in EU (Italy), but I prefer to keep temperature in F instead of C, so I've set that and indeed on the mod Fahrenheit is being used, but in Escribe I always only see "C" in the profile settings for the temperature.

In particular what was a dropdown menu (with "F" and "C" options) in previous Escribe, now is just a static "C" label and it doesn't seem to change even if I set temperature in "F" in the general settings.

The value of the temperature I can see in the profile settings is actually converted to C (e.g. I set it to 390F on the mod, then connect to Escribe and I see 199 "C" on the profile settings). Is this expected?

Why is not possible anymore to have the profile settings in Escribe to represent temperature in F?

I have the USA version of EScribe and have not looked at the International Version....  Does your version look like this on this screen?

I left a note here for James about this..... you could use the USA version since you want to be in "F" until this gets sorted out........

Untitled.png

James...... it seems that when changing from F to C in the USA version (I don't have international version loaded) the device and Device Monitor does change properly but the profile shown in EScribe doesn't update the change.  Is there a new setting somewhere that needs setting or is this a minor Bug?

38 minutes ago, retird said:

I have the USA version of EScribe and have not looked at the International Version....  Does your version look like this on this screen?

I left a note here for James about this..... you could use the USA version since you want to be in "F" until this gets sorted out........

Untitled.png

Yeah, I have that exact same setting on the "Display" tab, but as you pointed out in your note to James, the profile screen keeps showing a "static" "C". I'm unfortunately not in front of my pc right now and can't take screenshots, but I think you got the idea.

Now, I though I had already tried with the US version with no success, but now that I look at your screenshot, it just jogged my memory that I was still seeing the italian translation even after installing the US version, maybe it didn't actually install it over the INTL version that I had installed before? Maybe I should uninstall Escribe completely and then install the US version to see if that works... I'll try when I'll get back home.

In any case, I think it is a bug that it doesn't honor what you set in the "Display" tab, even if you're using the INTL version

Hello,

The DNA uses the setting in the Units tab.

EScribe uses the setting in Help->Units. To change it, go there and choose English. By default, it uses English units if the language is English, or Metric units otherwise.

Hmm. Maybe these should be in Options instead of Help.

James

7 hours ago, James said:

Hello,

The DNA uses the setting in the Units tab.

EScribe uses the setting in Help->Units. To change it, go there and choose English. By default, it uses English units if the language is English, or Metric units otherwise.

Hmm. Maybe these should be in Options instead of Help.

James

Thanks James,

That indeed worked!

Well, if you feel bored and want to move that setting into "Options", I don't think it would do any harm... ;-)

Ok, here I am with another one...

Same Escribe 2.0, latest SP2, same lost-vape therion 75C.

I'm experiencing an apparently weird behavior with the re-reading of atomizer resistance (see attached screenshot for what part of the interface I'm referring to):

ss.jpeg.5d6ac77a137530c9087d2267e14535c9.jpeg

If I press the button I can see the resistance being updated (which I suppose is the expected behavior, since we're re-reading it) BUT ONLY ON CERTAIN PROFILES.

I'll try to explain: I have 8 different profiles, with 1 for power and the other 7 for different pre-heat setups all of which for TC, with the same temperature-dominant setting and material (SS316L, csv loaded from Steam-Engine).

In my particular case, re-reading only seems to update the resistance (and the text field for the temperature, which is another thing I don't fully understand, but let's keep that aside for a moment) on profiles 1 (the watt only) and profiles 3, 4, 5 (all TC, just different pre-heat).

I can press it a thousand times on e.g. profile 2 and it never updates neither the displayed resistance nor the temperature. I'm not fully sure about profiles 6,7,8 as I'm again not in front of my pc right now, but I'm sure it doesn't re-read (or at least I don't see the usual behavior) on profile 2, which is again TC, temperature dominant, no pre-heat, SS316L).

So my 2 questions:

1) What is this function really doing? Is there something I'm missing that could explain what I'm seeing?

2) As hinted above, I don't fully understand what the reported temperature field should be expected to show. Is it the actual room temperature as sensed by the chip at the moment I was re-reading the resistance? In other words, is that expected to be the "cold" temperature as in "the temperature at which the cold ohm reading is acquired"? Because, on the profiles where re-reading works, the values for temperature that I see there all seem a bit too high for my room temperature, but maybe that can be due to the mod slightly heating up during this procedure and/or the mod (unfortunately) not coming temperature calibrated by lost-vape, and I haven't yet had a chance to complete the case analyzing procedure?

I'm a bit confused...

ss.jpeg

The Cold Temperature is the estimated room temperature when the Cold Ohms were acquired, yes. It may not be a perfect estimate, but as long as it's pretty good, you should be fine. By splitting Cold Ohms into two values in this way, instead of storing a 70F Cold Ohms, a Theme can have a Material selection (separate from Profile) and let Material be changed *after* sampling Ohms. The current themes don't do this, but the option is there.

If it does not update, it might be having an error sampling. Does Atomizer Analyzer show ? on those profiles instead of an Ohms? If so, please send me your .ecig settings and I will investigate.

4 hours ago, James said:

The Cold Temperature is the estimated room temperature when the Cold Ohms were acquired, yes. It may not be a perfect estimate, but as long as it's pretty good, you should be fine

Ok, so that's what I expected it to be.

4 hours ago, James said:

By splitting Cold Ohms into two values in this way, instead of storing a 70F Cold Ohms, a Theme can have a Material selection (separate from Profile) and let Material be changed *after* sampling Ohms. The current themes don't do this, but the option is there

Mmmm. Ok, I think I get it. And actually I think the theme on the VapeDroid X1C2 which I've just received does indeed use that

4 hours ago, James said:

If it does not update, it might be having an error sampling. Does Atomizer Analyzer show ? on those profiles instead of an Ohms? If so, please send me your .ecig settings and I will investigate.

Now the plot thickens... Because, as I said I just received a new 75C mod, the VapeDroid X1C2 and I immediately (as in "I didn't change/customize anything") went to escribe to check how it was doing the re-reading, without touching anything, but with a different atomizer (a K5 now, my previous attempts on the therion were with a merlin).

Well this sounds crazy, but I think I've found a pattern: all odd-numbered profiles (1,3,5,7) work as expected, all even-numbered profiles (2,4,6) don't update neither the ohms nor the temperature when I click on "Measure Ohms". Regardless of the profile odd/even-ness, atomizer analyzer correctly samples the ohm value.

Please have a look at this screenshot for profile 3 (a "working" one), where the values for Ohms and temperature have just been updated after clicking on "Measure ohms" and the corresponding analyzer window opened right after that:

WorkingProfile.thumb.jpeg.4fa0b8284fd1284769b39500bb3d985c.jpeg

This is the same thing, but on an even-numbered profile (number 2):

StuckProfile.thumb.jpeg.bbcb8262662cdaa06939a187a345d539.jpeg

Of course you have to trust me that I pressed "Measure Ohms" in both cases... 

I'm completely lost. Tonight when I get back home I'll try the same with the therion to see if the odd/even thing is really a repeatable pattern...

Any idea in the meantime?

Thanks in advance...

Spot on, it's an EScribe bug with odd numbered profiles. Looks like a remnant from something we were testing a while ago. This should be an easy fix. Thanks!

By the way, I notice that Ohms in Atomizer Analyzer doesn't use a comma (the separator for your locale). Definitely let us know if you run into localization issues like that. :)

42 minutes ago, James said:

Spot on, it's an EScribe bug with odd numbered profiles. Looks like a remnant from something we were testing a while ago. This should be an easy fix. Thanks!

Eheh, I'm a software developer myself, I "genetically" try to reduce-chaos-to-patterns when I see weird things ;-)

Looking forward to SP3 then...

42 minutes ago, James said:

By the way, I notice that Ohms in Atomizer Analyzer doesn't use a comma (the separator for your locale). Definitely let us know if you run into localization issues like that

Oh, I didn't even notice that. Could it be because I changed Help->Units to "English" (to have temps in profile shown in F insted of C) as you suggested in this post?

Edited by ndb
Typo

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 10:03 AM, Wayneo said:

@James Can you explain why, for the 1st time, there are 2 versions (U.S & International). Is it perhaps ONLY languages/localization? Thank you.

On 5/19/2017 at 1:08 PM, MacVap said:

I would like to know this too, please.

@MacVap Finally an official answer from @John The question musta gotten lost in all the excitement.