About This File
NOTE: The screenshots above are somewhat misleading. The battery icons are normally white, but they are green when charging, and red when low battery (<20%). See the screenshots below for a better example of how the themes look during normal operation.
As of the latest version I think this is now truly my masterpiece. This is a simple/minimal looking theme, with blue highlights, nice readable fonts, and a good balance between extended functionality and ease of use. Compatible with both 75c and 250c devices as well as Replay (see below for Replay tips).
By the way, I released a stripped down version of this theme, so if you are looking for something simpler and easier to use, check it out here (less menus, data, options, etc.).
Please read the info here, and/or reach out to me in the comments before leaving a bad review. As far as I know (and the hundreds of people that have used the theme agree.. it is working for the most part). I'll be happy to make bug fixes if you find anything wrong with it though!)
Replay info: Latest version works with Replay for 75c devices. BUT you need to have the International Edition of EScribe 2.0 SP15.1 or later. I also believe your 75c needs to have the right firmware as well (at least 1.1 SP33.2 - that one works for me), once you update ESscribe and connect your device it should prompt you to update firmware. You also MUST enable Replay in your EScribe profile for it to work.
Using replay: once the above has been completed, load this theme and switch to a replay-enabled profile. There should be a "NO REPLAY" button seen on the main screen. This means there isn't yet any puffs to save. So take a few puffs, until you find one you like. Then the button should change to "SAVE," and you can click that to save that latest puff. To leave replay mode select "STOP." If you are having trouble, check the Replay menu because it gives you more info: Replay Available (if theme/coil supports Replay [read-only]), Replay Ready (Replay is ready to be activated [read-only]), and Replay Active (you can toggle this switch to save your last puff and activate Replay).
Version info: By popular request over on reddit, there are now two versions of the theme. The main one, and the PLAINTEXT version that uses a simpler font which should be easier to read and some people just like the look of it better. There are side-by-side screenshots below if you want to compare.
- The Main Menu is the top right button if it wasn't obvious
- I have the output current (Amps) at the bottom of the main screen, so you can make sure you aren't pushing your batteries too hard
Most stats can be hidden from main page in Display menu if you want (resistance, current, voltage, battery percent)
- note that these stats are live (they update while you vape)
- Battery icon turns red when you get under 25% charge as a warning, and turns green when charging
- Replay mode can be enabled on on main screen in addition to dedicated Replay menu page (see note above if you are having trouble with Replay on 75c devices, and more info below on using Replay with this theme)
If any of you give it a try, please let me know what you think! I've made a lot of improvements based on user suggestions. It's still an early version so if you have any issues, bugs, or requests, please let me know here or on reddit (I am /u/niandra3 on /r/electronic_cigarette/). I want to make this the best theme possible!
I have tested it on my own Lost Vape Mirage (75c) and Think Vape Finder (250c) and it works great on both (including Replay with the above firmware)
Main screen: battery life (icon and percent), view/change current profile, live info (coil resistance, voltage, current), device status (e.g. error messages)
- Replay can be enabled via Main screen. If you are on a Replay-enabled profile, a Replay button appears. If the device does not yet have a puff to save, it says "NO REPLAY." Once you take a puff that you like, select "SAVE." Then to exit Replay mode select "STOP."
- Most stats can be hidden via Display screen if you want
- Lock screen: battery life (icon and percent), time/date (time and/or date can now be hidden via Time settings page.. since they always reset with new batteries I found them useless)
Main menu: Profile selection, Info menu, Replay settings page, Display settings page, Preheat settings page, Fahrenheit/Celsius toggle, Lock settings page, Time settings page
- Info menu: see below
- Replay settings page: Replay Available (based on coil/profile), Replay Ready (Replay is ready to be activated), and Replay Active (puff saved); can also adjust warmth
- Display settings page: Brightness slider, Stealth mode toggle, flip screen, enable/disable certain stats from main screen
- Preheat settings page: Preheat on/off, preheat power, target temperature, preheat punch slider
- Lock settings page: how many clicks to lock, change unlock sequence, turn on auto-lock, set auto-lock time
- Time settings page: set time, date, 12 or 24 hour modes, enable or disable time or date on main screen
Info menu: Coil info page, Live info page, Battery info page, USB info page, Last puff info page, Total puff info page, Recording/data page, About page
- Coil info page: current resistance (and lock resistance switch), coil material, measure resistance, temp control compatible coil status
- Live info page: Live ohms, output voltage, output current, ambient temperature, board temperature, atomizer coil temperature
Battery info page (live info): Battery and atomizer voltage, battery and atomizer current, individual voltage for up to 4 battery cells (if you have less than 4 cells in your mod, extras will be hidden, Power bank mode enable, power bank status (on, off, discharging)
- If you have a 75c, it only supports the display of one battery cell, so that is all that is shown. Also power bank mode is disabled for 75c devices by Evolv
- USB info page: USB voltage, USB current, USB wattage, USB data/power indicators
- Last puff info page: Puff energy (mWh), power, time, peak temp, average temp, puff count
Current stats page (puff stats, resettable): total puffs, total time, total energy (mWh)
- Reset stats page: confirm if you want to reset stats from Current stats page
- Total stats page: Total stats since you got your device. CANNOT be reset.
Data graphs page: see graph of selectable data for a given puff (see below for fields)
- Data graph options (select what you want to measure on Data graph page): power, coil temp, current, voltage, live resistance, battery(s) voltage, board and ambient temperature
- About page: firmware and service pack versions, serial number
Fire button light (if available on your device) is set to a breathing blue effect (while firing). Standard red while charging and green when fully charged.
Thanks to @hawk256, @Ronbon172, @soulvape, @RMoniz, @Wayneo, @weirdbeard, and everyone else who reviewed it or helped me with suggestions and improvements. Couldn't have made it this good without you all.
Here are screenshots of the two versions of the theme so you can choose your favorite:
What's New in Version v1.9 See changelog
- fixed About screen thanks to @s3r
- other minor stuff (there's now a Creative Commons license on the credits page.. if you want to use it for commercial use, just reach out to me)
Updated PLAINTEXT version too with the same.
- changed text color scheme slightly for readability (no more orange)
- changed selection highlighting for for better visibility
- rearranged main screen a bit (battery percent and resistance are now larger and above voltage and current, since they are generally more useful)
- fixed battery icon not turning red when charge was low
- adjusted back button AGAIN to make it more visible when selected
- changed battery icons to switch to red at 25% instead of 20% (keep your batteries healthy long term- charge them before they get too low!)
- updated toggle switches and sliders so they are move visible when selected
- adjusted Replay button on main screen to be more visible/easier to use, and I think it just looks better
Same changes for PLAINTEXT version.
updated icons for better visibility (new sweet toggle switches, new battery/menu icons, back buttons, etc.)
- edited a lot of them down to the pixel level to get rid of anti-aliasing
- the checkboxes are now slider toggle type switches
- added second version of the theme with simpler fonts by request (the "plaintext" version - also might be more legible if you are having trouble reading the main theme)
- tweaked highlighting of selected objects for better visibility
- adjusted organization of main screen to clean it up a bit (also to have more room to show profile names, though I recommend to keep profile names short- less than 15 characters or so if possible)
- other minor tweaks and fixes
- Changed settings for stats on main page. Now in the Display menu you can select to HIDE them (rather than select to SHOW them as it was previously). This is mainly so the screenshots are more accurate. If the stats are not displaying on the main page (current, voltage, resistance, battery percentage), check the settings in the Display menu.
- FINALLY fixed the reset issue. Stats on "Current Stats" screen can be reset, and stats on "Total stats" screen cannot. This is by Evolv's design, it's not up to me. This one's for Ronbon172!!! Thanks for your patience
- changed wallpaper gradient slightly (let me know if you all have suggestions for improvements here)
- adjusted Battery info page to remove Power bank settings for devices that don't support it (75c)
- renamed Puff Stats screen to Total Stats
- added Current Stats screen. These are the stats that you can reset. So the Total Stats screen will always have total numbers since you bought the device, and CANNOT be reset
- changed color of selected items to more clearly indicate selection
- changed back button, and now back button (almost) always takes you back to main screen (I found that more useful, since when I'm done in a sub-menu I generally want to go back to the main screen)
- added Replay status and Save Puff button to home screen (no menu-diving required for Replay anymore)
- Main screen shows when replay is available with the check box (enabled for current profile, Replay-compatible coil), then when you have a puff that you can save the the SAVE button appears and you can press that to save puff. CANCEL will turn it off
- changed Replay screen to show Replay Available (based on coil/profile), Replay Ready (Replay is ready to be activated), and Replay Active (puff saved); still warmth adjustable
- added atomizer voltage to main screen
- added options to Display menu if you want a cleaner look on the main screen (can show/hide items from main screen: voltage, current, battery percent, resistance)
- added option to show/hide date and time on lock screen- see Time menu (since time/date resets every time I change my battery, I find it useless)
- adjusted New Coil screen so it shows both new resistance and old resistance
- my logo on the About screen fills up according to room temperature.. acts as sort of a thermometer (actually this is not working yet.. I don't know if you can use temperature with the gauges, I'm working on it)
- Removed option to select battery icon on main screen to take you to battery page, removed option to select resistance on main screen to take you to Coil Info page (let me know if you guys want this rolled back, I didn't find it very useful since those screens can be reached from the menu
- other minor tweaks and fixes
- Forgot to include Preheat settings page in main menu. It's now added.
- Replay mode added! You must enable replay in your EScribe profile for it to work
- "Replay ON" message is displayed on main screen when it Replay is on and in use
- Replay mode screen: status, view/change profile, notification if replay is available, enable replay, adjust warmth
- Added Battery Info page that supports battery pack info (and live data): up to 4 cell voltages (some are hidden if your mod has less than 4 cells), live battery and atomizer voltage, live battery and atomizer current, power bank mode enable, power bank status
- Added dedicated Display Settings screen: brightness, stealth
- Main screan rearranged so the most useful data is on top (easy navigation between temp > power > menu)
- Changed main menu to display profile, so you can change profile from there instead of having to go through menu
- I added a status field on the main screen so you can view error messages there
- Mod info screen (renamed Live Info) now with more data: live ohms, live voltage, live current, live coil temp, etc.
- Battery percent and icons turn green during charging, and red when charge level is under 20% (normally blue/white)
- Battery percent size increased on main screan for readability
- Back buttons made a bit smaller
- Back button from settings pages now go back to main screen (instead of main menu) (back button from info screens still goes back to info menu)
- Selecting battery icon on main screen takes you to Battery Info page
- Selecting resistance reading on main screen takes you to Coil Info page
- If Replay is on, selecting "Replay On" button on main screen takes you to Replay settings page
- All icons/gauges changed to blue color scheme
- Made all menu lists round robin enabled
- Minor tweaks and fixes