dead screen? gone all white

clivy

Yesterday when I went to use my paranormal 250c the screen was totally white, unless you look at it on a very steep angle (across the screen)  when you can just make out that there is something there. The mod works perfectly in every other respect just no visible screen

I had the default theme running and tried reloading it via backups but no change.

I have also tried installing the  Clean Colors (75C/250C w/Replay! - Many colors available) v2.4 theme but it is still white.

Any ideas what I can try to get the screen back running?

1 hour ago, Wayneo said:

If lowering the screen brightness doesn't make it visible, sounds like you might need a new one.

I'd suggest you open a ticket with the Help Desk. Link in my signature.

Thanks Wayneo

Just tried taking it down to 2 brightness and its a bit better but still unreadable looks like it is help desk time

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this happened to me last august, it went all white, i replaced the screen on the 2nd half of October with a new one and guess what??!! the same happened again 3 weeks ago..

i guess there is a problem with the wiring of the paranormal as there are many cases like this among my friends. :(

This is a known issue! I'v had several go white. If you do a Hard Reboot in E-Scribe it should come back, temporarily.

Unlike the old days were if the bend in the ribbon wasn't just rite, the screen could malfunction, the colour screen mods mostly have nice screen cradles that keep every thing in place nicely :)

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, jeffo1960 said:

and how do i do a hard reboot to see if it will come back on

A hard reboot didnt help me but you have to use escribe to try.

Open escribe then tools then diagnostics and select hard reboot

If that doesnt work try lowering the screen brightness you will at least be able to read your screen even if it is not very clear

I ended up replacing the screen and have had no problems since

hello everyone 

i wrote before about the screen problem with my paranormal as i have lost couple of screens till now,

i bought a rebel mod dna250C 21700/20700  and i had the same problem, the screen started to shudder then it faded out and it only works while pressing the fire button (not on stealth mode) then it started to work again but as a white screen nothing appears on it, i sent rebel and esauce about my problem but the customer service their sucks they never replied and that is the usual action from them , i had another new screen so i replaced it and till now it is working fine but i hope it will continue, 

i guess evolv should try to find out what is happening with their screens

have a nice day guys 

You have to disassemble the device (usually voids warranty).  I googled repair for your device and found this for your device  (located in UK). You might contact them and explain the issue and ask for info if nobody pops in here to help.... 

https://www.esauce.co.uk/rebel-repair-service-rebrep01-rebel-vape

I know nothing about this company......

3 minutes ago, retird said:

You have to disassemble the device (usually voids warranty).  I googled repair for your device and found this for your device  (located in UK). You might contact them and explain the issue and ask for info if nobody pops in here to help.... 

https://www.esauce.co.uk/rebel-repair-service-rebrep01-rebel-vape

I know nothing about this company......

Their customer service is deep shit, i allready sent them and they did not reply although i had the same issue while buying the mod from them, the customer service at their side is below zero

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 ore fa, Hoggy ha scritto:

...Sheesh...  How hard are you on your poor devices?!?  xD

LOL this is an unfinished 3D PLA print that I did for when it is not appropriate to wear an "expensive" device and especially when it is convenient to have a featherweight device.
Fallen several times, one on the stairs (tumbled over a floor) and once passed me while I was on a motorcycle :joy: and it always worked.
But the screen has stopped working on its own:unamused:

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Does anybody know of a detailed tutorial on how to replace the screen on a Paranormal 250C? I have one that has gone white twice and from what I'm reading, it looks like it will get worse.

I see people saying they replaced theirs with no problem and others saying it's a bear to get into the Paranormal 250C at that level.

I'm pretty good with this kinda stuff, but a detailed tutorial sure would be helpful and likely save myself and others a bunch of time and aggravation.

I can't seem to find anything specifically for the Paranormal 250C.
Thanks.

Edited by gsmit1
typo