Mac EScribe Suite Beta Thread

21 minutes ago, Itzlibo said:

Hi, How to download escribe for mac please ? Can't find any link, it's for a friend (I'm using escribe on windows). Thanks a lot.

Go to the 1st post of this thread. Choose the US or International version depending on your location. James updates the 1st post with the current version. 

I'm feeling a bit blonde. Not all beta questions here, but just overall how to advice.

I have only downloaded the Mac Beta so don't know if the Windows offers more Manual type info than Mac Beta.  

I have successfully added a b/w picture for 5 seconds which appears after the 1 sec Lost Vape logo. Would be nice if my resolution was sharper, I will test another pic to see if its my image or the screen capability. [Tom of Finland men who are standing tall look very good on the Ocean Rainbow Triade DNA250, its not all about Hello Kitty, but the Star Trek themes others have shared are tempting]

I know how to lock my wattage and lock my device to switch the temp from 450 degrees and get back to the watts screen.

I can change from F to C easily.

Where is the help section about navigating my Triade with more Alternate Display info, like cell 1, 2, 3 data or voltage info. 

I have only set up one profile so far, and will eventually set one up for each tank and know how to switch profiles easily.

Making changes to a profile is somewhat confusing. How do I select and save my choices properly? Sometimes when I hit save, it erases the file I uploaded. I know eventually I need to hit the upload to device button. A "How To' HELP MENU button like Mac offers on every program I use opens a dialogue box based on a specific search term or general FAQ. Will we see such? Does the Windows Escribe offer that? 

On my main screen I see overall battery level image, Resistance, Temp, My Name and Watts. Do I have the option to see more than that?

3 hours ago, mrphilip said:

Not all beta questions here, but just overall how to advice.

IMHO, posting your questions in the appropriate area would be best, The color forum for 75C's. If your questions are about your Triade specifically on a Mac, you must download escribe v2 for Mac. The search feature works great. DJLSB Vapes and PBusardo have both put out good escribe tutorial videos.

And Welcome :hand_splayed:

Edited by Wayneo
escribe v1 and v2 are very similar
  • Like 1

Mac theme options: The Geekvape Aegis and the Smok T-Priv both also uses a 3 button system (fire, up, down) yet offer the functionality of a 75c with 4 buttons. They use the fire button to a) power on/off with 5 clicks or b) allow you to access a menu system like the 75c has with 3 clicks of the fire button. Will we see this option coming in an firmware upgrade?

Correct me if I'm wrong, we should switch user interface options to manufacturer and set up our specific battery profile using the watts calculator, in my case I'm using Sony VTC5a's so they have 2500 mAh and that changes the watts hours to just over 27. Our mod should be given this info right?...

Do we know the actual Mod resistance as well, mine is set up from the Manufacturer at .4. Is that a default # or did they input a specific value. [Triade DNA 250]

Edited by mrphilip

@mrphilip, yes to set up a battery profile you have to be in the manufactures interface. But wattage calculator doesn't really do it in the case of single cell batteries. you should load a battery profile or create a batter profile for the specific brand and model battery you are using. Personally I like to use a softcell cutoff of 3.0v to prevent damage to the cell. Below is a profile for a VTC6, I don't use the 5A's in regulated devices.

0.40 is kind of high for an internal resistance. Are you sure you didn't miss a space there? 

VTC6 v2.csv

Thanks Kiss V.  I like VTV6's as well, use them on another mod. Thanks for the feedback and yes, I likely missed a digit. I will check the other threads for calibration but also think it's important for the Mac Beta architect to know we have proper access to do these things on this version with ease. Be well.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys (and guyettes :)) - I've come across some strange behavior when changing batteries (I'm using an external charger). For the purpose of collecting stats concerning battery life of different brands, I set up a spreadsheet where I note puffs, seconds and mWh just before I put in a fresh battery. Couple of days ago, I noticed that all those figures had changed after putting in a new one - fwiw, changing an iJoy 26650 for another (iJoy). After that one was done, I wrote down the numbers, this time changing it for a VTC6. All figures remained intact, so I thought it had just been a glitch. However, just now I changed back to one of the iJoys and voila, numbers changed again. Again, all of them three. I realize it's not that big of a deal, doesn't change my vape experience (really like the 75c!!!), however it annoys the heck out of me since it makes my little project so much harder (had programmed the spreadsheet so that I just have to put in the numbers and that thing calculates the values for every single battery). I do have more notes & questions regarding the software, but will keep that for later not to clutter this specific issue. Cheers!

(using a VT75c, eScribe on a Mac, FW 1.1, SP27)

Edited by Jo Kuhl

I downloaded the US version of EScribe for Mac from page one, installed it on my Macbook Pro with OSX 10.13.2 (installed just fine). When I plug in my DNA 75 Squonk mod it simply doesn't see it. I've tried everything and I cannot get EScribe to connect to the device. Can anyone help? Thanks 

Escribe.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MAC OS 10.9, EScribe Suite 2.0 SP12, new Lost Vape Mirage DNA75C.

Just want to confirm, it seems the newer versions of Escribe, NO longer have a menu option to ON/OFF the “Temp Protect” message. I know from the older threads on this subject I participated in, that this message caused some confusion, but I liked it, a visual way to see I was hitting my desired temp limit. In the theme editor, I saw in the long lists of command choices, one for “Temp Protect”. I’m just learning theme editor, and since there is no manual, does this mean I would have to create a place for this message somewhere on the main screen? So far I see no other way to bring that old message behavior back.

If anyone that’s enabled this message can briefly explain the best way to do this. THANKS!

Edited by mactavish

It handles these messages differently, there is no on/off for that, I don't think it is shown and if it is it would use the status field if that is in your theme .  You could add a field that was hidden by default and only displays when Atomizer - Temp Protect = True.

6 hours ago, VapingBad said:

It handles these messages differently, there is no on/off for that, I don't think it is shown and if it is it would use the status field if that is in your theme .  You could add a field that was hidden by default and only displays when Atomizer - Temp Protect = True.

If what you are suggesting is true, and the only way to bring back the “Temp Protect” message, I doubt many would take the time and effort to revive a setting that was in previous Escribe versions as a simple ON/OFF setting.

Previously, it was a global “message”, and early on, you didn’t even have the choice to turn it OFF!I guess I’m just going to accept this latest development, and move on from seeing “Temp Protect” messages anymore, though I’m sure many may rejoice, and I’m sure Evolv is glad to not have to deal with the newbie confusion it has caused in the past. 

I hope and assume all the other, previous SAFETY messages are still hard coded in the firmware. Sure would be nice to hear from Brandon and Evolv on a topic like this that I find a major departure from the previous way the DNA’s worked. 

3 minutes ago, mactavish said:

If what you are suggesting is true, and the only way to bring back the “Temp Protect” message, I doubt many would take the time and effort to revive a setting that was in previous Escribe versions as a simple ON/OFF setting.

Previously, it was a global “message”, and early on, you didn’t even have the choice to turn it OFF!I guess I’m just going to accept this latest development, and move on from seeing “Temp Protect” messages anymore, though I’m sure many may rejoice, and I’m sure Evolv is glad to not have to deal with the newbie confusion it has caused in the past. 

I hope and assume all the other, previous SAFETY messages are still hard coded in the firmware. Sure would be nice to hear from Brandon and Evolv on a topic like this that I find a major departure from the previous way the DNA’s worked. 

I spoke from memory and think I am correct, though as my footer says I could have been wrong.

I strongly disagree with calling it a safety message, it was mealy an info message than most users didn't like and has absolutely zero impact on safety.  Every user is free to choose a theme from the gallery and ask the them creator to add the feature if it is missing, but I doubt anybody will.  I have not tested that setting and it is just an educated guess that is what it does.  If I get time this weekend I try and have a look and I report back.

12 minutes ago, VapingBad said:

I spoke from memory and think I am correct, though as my footer says I could have been wrong.

I strongly disagree with calling it a safety message, it was mealy an info message than most users didn't like and has absolutely zero impact on safety.  Every user is free to choose a theme from the gallery and ask the them creator to add the feature if it is missing, but I doubt anybody will.  I have not tested that setting and it is just an educated guess that is what it does.  If I get time this weekend I try and have a look and I report back.

Well, knowing the device did it's job in limiting my selected temperature, was a SAFETY feature in my opinion, in not over heating my juice to the point of releasing the potentially bad toxins. Now it seems more like blind faith in having immediate feedback on the device, sure one can take the time to review puffs, hook up to Escribe etc., but thats not the point. I think Evolv owes an explanation in removing a "message" that they obviously felt was important not long a go. And just to add to my confusion, if you look at the latest stock version of the generic stock DNA75c theme installed on the boards, look at the "THEME", and then select language. There are ONLY two fields with any text in them, one is "Temp Protect", not sure how this language screen interplays with the themes, I assume if it were important, more of the many fields would be filled in?

I'm not trying to be adversarial, but a quick message from Brandon or Evolv could put this to rest, assuming they see this message?

I'll add a screen shot of the "language" tab. Thanks for your interest in the topic, don't see anyone else even curious so far about this.

Theme.jpg

I think if the text is in there it will display in the status field, it just will not take up the whole screen, again not tested just an educated guess.  Showing the info message or not does not affect how temp limiting works and not a safety feature like temp limiting is IMO, these are really general 75C issues and not specific to EScribe for Mac. 

1 hour ago, VapingBad said:

I think if the text is in there it will display in the status field, it just will not take up the whole screen, again not tested just an educated guess.  Showing the info message or not does not affect how temp limiting works and not a safety feature like temp limiting is IMO, these are really general 75C issues and not specific to EScribe for Mac. 

I’m not sure about the text being needed in any of those fields to show up in any “display field”, since the theme I’m editing now let’s me show what I choose to show up in a field.  But since I’m just getting into themes, I don’t know. But it’s inclusion in the only two fields in that default Evolv theme might be telling of something?

As far as to whether this is only a DNA75c issue or Escribe issue, I would be happy to post it in a more appropriate forum thread. To be honest, I don’t see many new posts overall here in all but a few, “my mod won’t fire” threads.  Google mostly points me back here when I search on a DNA issue, and many of the results are still from 2017.  For example, I just created a new post on how to disable device charging while connected to a laptop. It used to be possible, but I can’t find any info online, or here regarding this.

I love my various DNA mods and boards, and consider them the #1 board. But the limitations of a relatively small company like Evolv in the underdocumation of the devices and now more importantly the software to get the most out of them has been glaring since I’ve been a customer. Relying on mostly volunteers to answer feedback questions is telling over time. Please, just hire someone to monitor this site and create updated online manuals, can it be that expensive? For my part I just posted a bug report with screenshots of an issue with a few of the Escribe MAC screens, hopefully I’ll get an acknowledgement. 

What I meant is those  translated fields are system fields/text and the temp protected message being included implies that it will be used and to me that only makes sense as being displayed in the status field.  Contrasting that to the 2 colour boards these messages would have be a global whole screen event that you could disable/enable, but the only time that happens in the colour themes is for new/old coil so no 1:1. 

With saying it was not Mac, not a criticism, you have been a valued and helpful member here for ages, just non Mac users may have an interest, be able to help and it is the board fw and themes we are talking about.

• Thanks 1

New here so if I'm posting in the wrong place apologies. Planning on pulling the trigger on a 250c device (likely from Rebel) once available and wanted to see if there was a projected date that eScribe for Mac would be updated to support.  Again, apologies if this is the wrong place but any info would be greatly appreciated.