Power Off Option

John said:

Nope, that's due to the input capacitance. Happens just the same whether the board is on or off. 

Or even if you just hook a pack directly to a capacitor. 

Hey john the only way I can see having it completely turn off or even after a couple minutes would be cool is for people like me who have made coustom welcome screens or secondary sreens to see what they look like. Honestly the only time I see them is when I upload settings to the board. Not a huge deal but it would be pretty cool to show it off more. Just to compliment the chip more on what is possible.

Oh I get ya. Showing the startup screen completely makes sense as a reason to power it off. 

But that would be much easier to add as an option in Escribe to just show the startup screen if activated after a certain amount of time, powered off or not. 

We can make it show whatever screen whenever with minimal difficulty. 

John said:

Oh I get ya. Showing the startup screen completely makes sense as a reason to power it off. 

But that would be much easier to add as an option in Escribe to just show the startup screen if activated after a certain amount of time, powered off or not. 

We can make it show whatever screen whenever with minimal difficulty. 

John that would be perfect! I'd be completely happy with that. It doesn't need to turn completely off. Even just like a drop down tab next too secondary screen saying something like that. Cause I mean I showed it off today at my shop and I had to plug it in and hit upload settings just to show him. That would be awesome if you could add that in the next update.

• 4 weeks later...

I did not run a test as such.   I am not worried about voltage drop when idle.   I just figured it would be a good idea to have an option for OFF, always.   Lets say for instance you required to turn it off for lets say TSA or something our of the ordinary.

I have never had the TSA ask me to turn something off .... they have asked me to turn things on to verify that they work as intended tho

Brandon said:

The 200 powers off (hard sleep) after about 1 hour of non use.  James can probably give you the exact time. 

Is it possible that in the latest firmware that hard sleep would prevent charging?

I put my unit on charge at 3pm yesterday with 40% battery remaining.
This morning @ 5:30am I was @ 82% charge. After messing with things and reading here I figured out to change the charge screen to show % charge, USB Voltage, and USB Current. I also set the charge brightness screen to 63. Within 1.5 hours I am fully charged now. 14.5 hrs to move from 40-82% charge and 1.5 to move from 82-100% something seems off here.

• 1 month later...

I want to see an option to turn off youre device into the software . Like system of or something ....or an option to reduce the hard sleep time ....as long it does not use power  !!

Yesterday (evening) i loaded the mod at 100 % this morning when i woke up i only had 50 % left

I guess im doing something wrong

Manny4pacman said:

I want to see an option to turn off youre device into the software . Like system of or something ....or an option to reduce the hard sleep time ....as long it does not use power  !!

Yesterday (evening) i loaded the mod at 100 % this morning when i woke up i only had 50 % left

I guess im doing something wrong

Your not doing anything wrong,  you need to RMA the chip.   I just RMA'ed a chip that sucked power from batteries with no atty on.   I would literally charge to 100% and then upon disconnect within 2 hrs it was at 40%.

I'd personally love it if there was an option to completely turn off the device. I'm a service technician and for ease of use I carry my mods in a holster on my belt. Any time I use a DNA device my battery suffers as I bend and twist and the fire button repeatedly gets momentarily pressed and lights up the screen. Sometimes my VaporFlask is dead within two hours due to this, however my eVic VT never suffers a voltage drop. If I could completely power down the device and have a 5 click power on option it would greatly increase my daily battery life. Just my two cents.

Tohmstone said:

I'd personally love it if there was an option to completely turn off the device. I'm a service technician and for ease of use I carry my mods in a holster on my belt. Any time I use a DNA device my battery suffers as I bend and twist and the fire button repeatedly gets momentarily pressed and lights up the screen. Sometimes my VaporFlask is dead within two hours due to this, however my eVic VT never suffers a voltage drop. If I could completely power down the device and have a 5 click power on option it would greatly increase my daily battery life. Just my two cents.

Why don't you just lockt it ?...

the same way that most other mods which have a power off function still do. it is essentially a deep sleep mode. the chip itself uses almost no power. however, in his situation when the power button repeatedly turns on the screen to flash the message that the mod is locked that is what is using the vast majority of the power. at least that is the way that i am interpreting his post. 

I would like a power off setting as well, however that said it woud be no big deal to wire in a seperate switch if needed to save pulling the lipo in worst case scenarios :P

P.S i think hard sleep is longer than an hour, the only time i see a startup screen is when i wake up in the morning - This leaves a five hour window.

Margucci said:

the same way that most other mods which have a power off function still do. it is essentially a deep sleep mode. the chip itself uses almost no power. however, in his situation when the power button repeatedly turns on the screen to flash the message that the mod is locked that is what is using the vast majority of the power. at least that is the way that i am interpreting his post. 

This is exactly my problem and has been with all DNA devices. Mainly with the 200 they can give us the option through firmware and for those who don't want it don't have to use it.