Updates?

what is going on in regards to firmware and/or progress updates from Evolv? i feel that now i have purchased the device, in the hopes it would allow me to make a device that suits me perfectly, Evolv are no longer interested in keeping up with the firmware updates to provide highly requested features to users.
I love my DNAs but im getting a bit annoyed waiting for temp/power swap, i would feel better if i at least knew this feature was being worked on, or had a "planned to be implemented" list to go by.

It would be good to know a promise or appraisal, like """ we will review what folk are asking for and see what can be done every six months""" type thing, That isnt really giving away idears or plans that could be pinched, is it.. Also an update on the replacement screen supply would be good, i've a few basket cases sitting in my..... well basket.. i'd like to see the back of...

We are planning and are currently working on another firmware update.  It will likely include some UI/UX changes culled from users like you on this forum.  We plan to continue to listen and improve the DNA 200 platform.  We haven't abandoned you, I promise.

Brandon said:

We are planning and are currently working on another firmware update.  It will likely include some UI/UX changes culled from users like you on this forum.  We plan to continue to listen and improve the DNA 200 platform.  We haven't abandoned you, I promise.

I cant wait ! I hope it includes to be able to change temperature in Temp mode ! Maybe even changing TCR on the mod like so many do now. Make the best board even better! Happy New year and thank you for the communication and not abandoning us.

Brandon said:

Dear Brandon, Thank you for passing the good news, was wondering when is the next update. Can't wait to see it, at the moment am little annoyed with the SX Mini ML users. Any idea roughly when is the next release.

haoteshi said:

???????  ???????????????????????????????????SX??ML???????  ?????????????????

Translation:

Dear Brandon, thank you good news, I don't know when is the next update.  Can't wait to see it, at the moment my irritation with SX mini ML users. Any idea when is the next version.

Updates are not as easy as many may think. Even the smallest change requires thorough testing which could take just a couple weeks to several months. Putting anything out that has not had this type of testing would be negligent and could possibly cause more issues then enhancements. I want an update and improvements as much as everyone one else but will pass on anything that is just thrown out there to satisfy customers. Just my opinion as a Software Developer/Network Engineer

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance ohm adjustments could be included on the device ?
sometimes the device forgets the locked resistance and getting it to room temp is hard when weather is harsh or its hot, which requires manual adjustment from the escribe app, problem is you can't bring a laptop where ever you are, being able to perform vital functions on the device while on the road is essencial for temp control.

To go to the bit more extreme makeover, maybe some inspiration from smok could be used, 3 clicks to bring up a settings menu where all adjustments could be made, possibly also temp coefficient (i know we would'nt be able to load csv files, but the escribe app could have an export to temp coeff calculated from the csv. could allow for quick googles on a phone to get the right coeff or having them noted down on a peice of paper.

TBH i love this chip, its alot better than my old x cube II, but a few features are lacking to make it more independant from the application.
some stuff may be impossible to implement, but others it's just a matter of having the right idea's and the time to develop it.

Any chance we could get a bit of a spoiler for what's in the planning for the update(s) ?

• 2 weeks later...
Brandon said:

new download and use-ability is awesome, thank you,

temp now my primary adjustment and showing the live temp while vaping........No "temp protection" flashing or 10 button pressing to change my primary setting...love it...

Now when is my 70 watt single 18650 board coming...?....lol..

Thank you for the update.

Regards

DNA fanboy.....  ;)