VapeCige VTBOX 200

Valgore

Hi guys I'm trying to find out what the actual battery cell Mah is of the battery inside the VTBOX also I would like to change the settings on Escribe to sort out what seems to be wrong data for what the actual battery is. Any help would be greatly appreciated all. The image attached is what seems to be the default setting which I believe to be wrong and the WH is set at 9 by default aswell Once again thank you for any help given

image.jpg

While the battery capacity is getting sorted out, what's the verdict on this thing?

I'm thinking about maybe getting one -- the over the top red case is interesting -- but haven't seemed to have heard much from anyone not having some sort of issue with the thing.  Is the squeeky wheel getting the grease or is it really a dud?

Thanks for insight from anyone who has one.

Mad Scientist said:

While the battery capacity is getting sorted out, what's the verdict on this thing?

I'm thinking about maybe getting one -- the over the top red case is interesting -- but haven't seemed to have heard much from anyone not having some sort of issue with the thing.  Is the squeeky wheel getting the grease or is it really a dud?

Thanks for insight from anyone who has one.

I think it's a great bit of kit, It's the V2 so all the issues it did have are now gone. The only issue I do have is not knowing about the battery.

Valgore said:

I think it's a great bit of kit, It's the V2 so all the issues it did have are now gone. The only issue I do have is not knowing about the battery.

You can let 'er go through 5 or 10 charge/discharge cycles over the next few days to work in the pack and then run battery analyzer and case analyzer.  In the mean time, 11.1V x 1.3Ah = 14.43 Wh.  You can use 14.43Wh as close enough.  The battery is very likely around 1,300mAh real capacity.  As far as I know, the only thing the battery setting affects is the battery gauge (although I wonder if it also affects charging).

If you still like it after a few days, please let us (and me) know.  I suspect everyone not having problems are remaining silent so the only things I've read are problems.

Mad Scientist said:

[QUOTE=Valgore]I think it's a great bit of kit, It's the V2 so all the issues it did have are now gone. The only issue I do have is not knowing about the battery.

You can let 'er go through 5 or 10 charge/discharge cycles over the next few days to work in the pack and then run battery analyzer and case analyzer.  In the mean time, 11.1V x 1.3Ah = 14.43 Wh.  You can use 14.43Wh as close enough.  The battery is very likely around 1,300mAh real capacity.  As far as I know, the only thing the battery setting affects is the battery gauge (although I wonder if it also affects charging).

If you still like it after a few days, please let us (and me) know.  I suspect everyone not having problems are remaining silent so the only things I've read are problems.[/QUOTE] Ok so I done the battery analysis and it comes in at : 12.91 WH 1150 MAH very odd but that's what the program shows. Also running this test is dangerous, the VTBOX got very hot to the point that I couldn't touch it and it will destroy any coil you have attached to it.

It`s a bit odd, the company that make the batteries do not market another 1800mah lipo, but they do market a 1500mah battery which appears to be the same dimensions ;) I have the mark 1 with the isuues, but easily fixed. The battery life does seem to be pretty low. It works very well and the colour/design does grow on you (red/black). The finish is great quality apart from the massive logo.

robby said:

Unfortunately you cant get two 1860 batteries to fit, not enough width in the cavity and there doesn`t seem to be enough scope to mill it out etc @dwcraig1 The cavity is only 33mm wide. I`m not a battery expert, but don`t you need 11Volts for the DNA200?

As I don't have mine as yet I was going by the dimensions listed for the Lion Power 1500 35c. DNA200 works fine with 7.4 volt pack but only put out 133 watts. 

dwcraig1 said:

[QUOTE=robby]Unfortunately you cant get two 1860 batteries to fit, not enough width in the cavity and there doesn`t seem to be enough scope to mill it out etc @dwcraig1 The cavity is only 33mm wide. I`m not a battery expert, but don`t you need 11Volts for the DNA200?

As I don't have mine as yet I was going by the dimensions listed for the Lion Power 1500 35c. DNA200 works fine with 7.4 volt pack but only outputs 133 watts. [/QUOTE]

Mine came out at 1325mAh after testing, it's absolutely the 1500mAh 35C battery version because most lipos come out a little lower than their specs.

But the fault is not with VapeCige, because they bought this "1800mAh" in bulk from another chinese batteryvendor just because it happened to fit their box.

LAP87 said:

Mine came out at 1325mAh after testing, it's absolutely the 1500mAh 35C battery version because most lipos come out a little lower than their specs.

But the fault is not with VapeCige, because they bought this "1800mAh" in bulk from another chinese batteryvendor just because it happened to fit their box.

Thanks for that info, answers a few questions for me, Vapecige could have asked the battery makers to redo the labels for their order to give their mod the edge over others. The battery makers do not list a 1800mah. If you google it, the only place it will pop up is on forums who are suspicious about the capacity.

After trying a few days with a normal 18 to 20 watts normal power mode, pretty disappointed with the battery life, barely  a day`s vaping, was hoping for nearer two from this lipo. I thought maybe the mod was a bit thirstier in TC mode but that`s not the case, more or less the same in either mode.

• 2 weeks later...
Popeye said:

At 100w casual day off vaping ive got the weak battery in under an hour.

Anyone found a good alternative available in the uk?

Iv been eying up a turnegy nano tech 1300 mah 45 to 90 c 3s battery .but it's got a xt60 connector instead of dean's connector .That the £18 quid price and the fact it MAYBE 1mm to wide for the vt200 box has stope me hitting the buy button

It took me 6 cycles to get my battery to fully charge. The #2 cell would only get to 4.1v and would discharge faster. On each new charge it would increase and finally is now getting a full 4.2 on each cell. With this now full battery on a dual coil 26g Ni, .06 ohms at 460F and 60 watts I am getting around 300 puffs which is less than a normal day for me. Preheat set at 100w midrange. I take very long 6 to 7 second direct lung draws. Not great but I can live with it.  My Mamu boss with a 2200 mAh lasts all day and still has a 25% reserve.

I ordered a 3s Turnigy nano Tech 1300mah battery and recieved a 2s battery>:(, but I can confirm that the fit is excellent, even allowing for the third cell. The battery is covered very neatly with good square sides all round. It`s a good fit but not a tight one. Certainly not as tight as the original crappy battery is. Will post again when I receive the right one.

Ive been using the turnigy nano tech 1300mah for a while now and it is a huge improvement. Battery life has easily doubled at my useage (heavy) and it doesnt get as warm during use or charging so thats a bonus. Also, the battery sag is much lower for the same build.