Numbers of Failed VT200

Freshcut

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll chime in second in the interest of transparency.

Out of all the packages delivered yesterday we saw and serviced exactly one VT200. 

If there are any issues we are just as interested as finding them as our customers are, and working with manufacturers to resolve them. This probably comes as a surprise to many people, but we actively buy devices made with our boards, use, test, and take them apart when we hear about issues.

One of the other things we did yesterday was go online and buy a handful of mods, just like anyone else would. 

teruterubonzu said:

i got mine working again... bcos i couldn't find a fuse so i did a "selfmade" fuse using a strain of copper wire...

You should replace this with an actual fuse ASAP for risk of hurting your board, or having a short scenario that isn't prevented by the fuse.

Here is the mouser link for fuses:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=3413.0332.22virtualkey69300000virtualkey693-3413.0332.22

Danielson said:

I have a dead one and it died Wednesday morning exactly one week after receiving it and hcigar has yet to get back to me and the company I bought it from has yet to get back to me how long does this usually take I don't like having a 150 dollar paper weight.....

robteifi said:

Another dead VT200 as of about an hour ago - I did notice the resistance (which was locked) wandering a bit in the minute or two before it died.

Put in tickets with us.

VapingBad said:

You can use a 25 A auto blade fuse in the positive battery wire if you can't get or do not want to use the surface mount fuse, but you need one whatever.

thinking of doing that anyway between the battery +ve and the B+ as a second fuse, but I would want the blade fuse to go first as it will be a damn sight easier to replace, which would be likely to go first?

the car blade type fuses are for use in a 12 V system and the shurter fuses evolve use are rated at 63V
and they are a delay/slow blow fuse

It has been a long time since I studied electronics bt I think the car fuse willl go first

any thoughts?

VapingBad said:

John posted about it a month or 2 ago, I will have a look for the post and if I find it I will link here.

thanks for that, but i was intending to leave the existing one in place and add the second one as a firt fail fuse so the blade fuse will fail leaving the evolv fuse intact. (they are a nightmare to replace!

i just wanted to know if the blade is likely to blow before the schurter one

lewisss said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad]John posted about it a month or 2 ago, I will have a look for the post and if I find it I will link here.

thanks for that, but i was intending to leave the existing one in place and add the second one as a firt fail fuse so the blade fuse will fail leaving the evolv fuse intact. (they are a nightmare to replace!

i just wanted to know if the blade is likely to blow before the schurter one[/QUOTE]

I doubt it and you don't normal get specs on auto fuses, but if you missed the link I posted https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/67186-topic/?do=findComment&comment=904837

Nick said:

[QUOTE=teruterubonzu]i got mine working again... bcos i couldn't find a fuse so i did a "selfmade" fuse using a strain of copper wire...

You should replace this with an actual fuse ASAP for risk of hurting your board, or having a short scenario that isn't prevented by the fuse.

Here is the mouser link for fuses:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=3413.0332.22virtualkey69300000virtualkey693-3413.0332.22[/QUOTE]

TQ for the link... ordering one (a few just to play safe) right away...