Numbers of Failed VT200

Freshcut

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

retird is correct. They only warn you about that as a precaution if the battery is bad.

As an update to my previous post, my VT200 showed up in the mail today and is working like a champ so far. I'm guessing they replaced the whole board as it no longer says "HCigar" as the manufacturer in Escribe. It now says that Evolv is the manu. and that it is a "reference mod". That all sounds good to me.

I was not charged a penny for any of it, not even the return shipping. (I did pay the "to" shipping when I sent it in though.)

Big props to Evolv for getting my VT200 working and back into my hands.

• 4 weeks later...

I had one go flaky on me the other week. Wouldn't respond until I plugged it into usb. Evolv repaired it free of charge. This is the second one that died on me. My brother's also suffered this issue. Evolv repaired it as well. Boards were replaced in two cases. The first one was exchanged with the retailer. I also dropped a different VT200 and an induction chip (that's what Evolv called it) broke free from the board. Evolv repaired it free too. 

I personally love Hcigar's mods with Evolv's chips. Build quality is great for the money and Evolv's support can't be beat. I own 3 Hcigar VT200's and just received a VT75 today. May have to get the VT133 too. Nah, that'd be overkill.....

skineedog said:

I personally love Hcigar's mods with Evolv's chips. Build quality is great for the money and Evolv's support can't be beat. I own 3 Hcigar VT200's and just received a VT75 today. May have to get the VT133 too. Nah, that'd be overkill.....

I always liked the looks of the VT200, but hated the hard to swap lipo on the fly. Although the VT133 is just the opposite. They use easy to swap 18650s and are one of the easiest mods to swap batteries (DNA or not). I loved my first one so much, I bought four more. :love: