DNA 250 info.

Lance

Not only fine, but on the approved Battery list from Mooch. Enjoy your device. While waiting, go watch a couple videos on Escribe. PBusardo has at least one. Mind you, there are minor changes because of the latest software, but nothing really drastic or noticeable. Big difference about these DNAs is that you should NOT lock your resistance.

Wayneo said:

Not only fine, but on the approved Battery list from Mooch. Enjoy your device. While waiting, go watch a couple videos on Escribe. PBusardo has at least one. Mind you, there are minor changes because of the latest software, but nothing really drastic or noticeable. Big difference about these DNAs is that you should NOT lock your resistance.

250 only or 200/75 aswell? I got told jan 28 chinesse sites are holding high sales so im thinking of which one to order then. I watched djslvapes tutorial and he tells you to lock resistance on dna75

@Canadianvape If you trust Evolv, the board manufacturer, they say (taken from the manual) "....  relies on the cold resistance of the atomizer to measure temperature accurately. If the connection is not stable or if you find the measured resistance drifts with time, it may be desirable to lock the atomizer resistance"

If you lock the ohms you stop the board being able to refine the base/cold resistance by monitoring the coils temp against room temp while they cool, they do this for up to half an hour after going into idle to get the most accurate resistance reading possible. 

Locking res is a last resort for connection problems.  :)
  • Like 1

Wayneo said:

@Canadianvape If you trust Evolv, the board manufacturer, they say (taken from the manual) "....  relies on the cold resistance of the atomizer to measure temperature accurately. If the connection is not stable or if you find the measured resistance drifts with time, it may be desirable to lock the atomizer resistance"

If you lock the ohms you stop the board being able to refine the base/cold resistance by monitoring the coils temp against room temp while they cool, they do this for up to half an hour after going into idle to get the most accurate resistance reading possible. 

Locking res is a last resort for connection problems.  :)

Any recommendation for coil material? I use SS316L without lock the ohm, but the tc went off after couple puff. And, at 420F seems slow firing. I use authentic Goon RDA at 0.32 ohm.

Sorry to disagree with Car147 - but this is just what works for me. You just need to experiment and use whatever works for you...
on to my setup:

I use fused Clapton in SS316L, I don't space my coils. I never lock my resistance and can get a very nice vape.

I use the steam engine settings for SS - they list it on their wire wizard page as "SS316L / Elite"
http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp#
Select the coil material and click the DNA200 button next to the temperature control results then you can grab the csv to upload to your device.

I posted this screenshot in a different discussion yesterday, but its appropriate here:
Capture.png 

I've found a low punch works well for me with a high wattage, but you'd need to find out what works for you depending on your coil setup and resistance.

I'm just using a single coil setup in a new dripper tank - its quite a big coil but still using stainless. I'll get a shot of that and a shot of device monitor too if you're interested.

Check your resistance is stable using atomiser analyser and make sure the setup has time to drop to room temperature after you've built on it and fire it for the first time so you get an accurate resistance.

There are lots of ways it will work well depending on your setup and preferences - good luck :)

The builds...

IMG_5631.jpg 

On the left (on the Wismec Reuleaux DNA200) is the dual coil SS316L fused Clapton that is shown on the shot in the previous post - although that device monitor shot was firing that setup on the lost vape Triade.

On the right (on the Lost Vape Triade DNA250) is a single coil using the same SS316L fused Clapton. The temp control can be seen working in this shot of device monitor:
Capture2.png 

• 5 months later...

The dna75 can't get accurate consistent readings, the dna200 I find I don't have to lock, but given that vtc4 can't give me 200w at 10.5v and the voltage drop of 1v when fully charged, ill wait till next Black Friday/cyber Monday sale, VTC5 won't do past 50-55w once it's under 3.7v (on dna75)

i might buy the hgicar 2/3 250, but that would depend if battery producers can make a high capacity 30 a CDC batería, 

i ask in stores and them buy from china themselves, I use site I got recommended and PayPal for insurance (no fakes to date) but I really don't think that they rate them right vtc5 says 30cdc 60 pulse sounds invented but batería is original.

I would had liked if the amperage being taken from batería would stay same as dna200 (23-24).

i do not want to be cornered to hb6....

on one other thing, anyone know why I use 277c on dna75 and 237c in DNA 200 same tank same resistance...? 

On 2016-11-28 at 8:43 AM, Lance said:

Just a bit of a enquiry.

Just ordered a Triade DNA250 and bought some Samsung 30Q will they be ok with this device?

Thanks
Lance

30Q is 15A CDC, to fire dna250 it requires 28a cdc 32a pulse (like 60/75/75c) so 97% means you have to buy lg hb6 (1500mha 30cdc) that is what is keeping me off the 250, already annoying that I got cornered to vtc4 on DNA200 

4 hours ago, Canadianvape said:

30Q is 15A CDC, to fire dna250 it requires 28a cdc 32a pulse (like 60/75/75c) so 97% means you have to buy lg hb6 (1500mha 30cdc) that is what is keeping me off the 250, already annoying that I got cornered to vtc4 on DNA200 

You could use 30Q's without issue. Just because that is the limit of the board does not mean the batteries need to be at that limit unless you vape up at very high wattages at a low resistance. 

You could attempt to use 5 amp batteries in a DNA 250 device at 250 watts it just simply wont fire. The battery monitoring system watches the cells while firing and prevents them from being overdrained or experiencing over-current. Attempt to draw that much current from a low drain battery would sag the voltage too far thus triggering the battery protection.

On 5/25/2017 at 0:12 PM, Canadianvape said:

The dna75 can't get accurate consistent readings, the dna200 I find I don't have to lock, but given that vtc4 can't give me 200w at 10.5v and the voltage drop of 1v when fully charged, ill wait till next Black Friday/cyber Monday sale, VTC5 won't do past 50-55w once it's under 3.7v (on dna75)

i might buy the hgicar 2/3 250, but that would depend if battery producers can make a high capacity 30 a CDC batería, 

i ask in stores and them buy from china themselves, I use site I got recommended and PayPal for insurance (no fakes to date) but I really don't think that they rate them right vtc5 says 30cdc 60 pulse sounds invented but batería is original.

I would had liked if the amperage being taken from batería would stay same as dna200 (23-24).

i do not want to be cornered to hb6....

on one other thing, anyone know why I use 277c on dna75 and 237c in DNA 200 same tank same resistance...? 

Haven't seen that at all with my Therion 75 ... As a matter of fact I was bored one day and checked it with a FLiR gun... The DNA75 was set for 475° at the time...

3172518.FLIR0288.jpg

Edited by Swerved
  • Like 1

Variances in temperature settings between devices with the same atomizer and coil can be due to a number of things such as wiring, and the quality and resistance stability of the 510 itself. We do our best to make it as accurate as possible. I also tested within 1 degree of the setpoint today running through a QA sheet for one of our boards, but external factors can and do play a large part in causing undesirable performance. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swerved said:

Haven't seen that at all with my Therion 75 ... As a matter of fact I was bored one day and checked it with a FLiR gun... The DNA75 was set for 475° at the time...

3172518.FLIR0288.jpg

It might be the 510 and/or wiring on my 75 then, it now turns tc ss316l off, works fine on the 200 though, got no idea how to fix it since I don't know what is broken. It does nickel fine, just not ss...

On 5/26/2017 at 7:46 PM, Canadianvape said:

It might be the 510 and/or wiring on my 75 then, it now turns tc ss316l off, works fine on the 200 though, got no idea how to fix it since I don't know what is broken. It does nickel fine, just not ss...

Yeah that's kind of strange. You're not the only one I've seen with that issue... I wish I had a suggestion for you but I'm puzzled too.

***Edit: Just saw your post above... Ground screws eh? Who'd have thunk it? Glad ya got it worked out! :thumb:

Edited by Swerved

On 2017-05-28 at 8:33 AM, Swerved said:

Yeah that's kind of strange. You're not the only one I've seen with that issue... I wish I had a suggestion for you but I'm puzzled too.

***Edit: Just saw your post above... Ground screws eh? Who'd have thunk it? Glad ya got it worked out! :thumb:

It worked for a day, this morning the vcmt with ss316l is playing funny again, the tc is off after first puff, doesn't work for another 5 puffs then works again, no problems when using ice3 rda... same tanks and rta that won't do ss tc on 75 work fine on the 200...