SS316L Help

Lance

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, those weren't my links, they were from the author. However, I'll download it from my mod, and check out filedropper, or try it here. Never done that before, but I see there's an option to do it here. I believe filedropper eventually removes them after downloads slow down/stop.

Jaquith said:

Easy enough, here's version 3.5; it's lower temps are unchanged, but the higher temps are an average of V3 and V4 .. hence V3.5 - http://www.filedropper.com/dna200-ud-ss316ldjaquithv35

In addition, V3.25 is an average of V3 and V3.5 at the higher temps - http://www.filedropper.com/dna200-ud-ss316ldjaquithv325

Let me know! BTW on SS I try to keep the preheat between 2-3; I'm using a 1.9 at 0.5 seconds with a 120% of the set wattage.

Files removed from filedropper bro. may you please upload them again? @Jaquith

Wayneo said:

@meloserj I already sent him a message when I saw post#127, and with no response it slipped my mind. No worries, here's what I had on my machine. Unfortunately Jaquith isn't here to explain the differences, or the missing versions. Use at your own discretion. Oh, one last thing, when you look at the filenames, the UD portion I believe was vendor specific, and I've got one other without the UD. I have no idea so use whichever you'd like based on his comments above. Cheers.

jaquith has disappeared from the face of the earth. if i recall the differences are slight increases and decreases in tne TCR number. a hotter or a cooler vape, basically

Wayneo said:

@meloserj I already sent him a message when I saw post#127, and with no response it slipped my mind. No worries, here's what I had on my machine. Unfortunately Jaquith isn't here to explain the differences, or the missing versions. Use at your own discretion. Oh, one last thing, when you look at the filenames, the UD portion I believe was vendor specific, and I've got one other without the UD. I have no idea so use whichever you'd like based on his comments above. Cheers.

Thanks bro, yes the UD is vendor name ( http://www.yourcig.com/ )
Thanks a lot for sharing the files

• 2 weeks later...

Ive tested, on my Efusion DNA200:

the built in SS316 profile
the steam engine 316 profile
the DJaquith v7 profile

and the DJaquith is almost anaemic, the built in 316SS and Steam Engine 316 are perfect at 40w, no preheat (why would i want to take my juice higehr than i plan to vape it) and 180c-200c

I build single coils to 0.5/0.6 (7/8 wraps of 26g 316 on 3mm id) though so i eliminate the low TCR issue

Why people arent building coils to a sensible ohmage to suit the limitations of the wire still boggles me...no point when the TCR is known to be low on 316ss, building your coils very low and then posting complaints about it, youre actually creating the issue

Preheat never takes the temp higher than your set temp, in default is cuts out 100 F below your temp, this is the punch setting, but even at punch 11 it never goes over the temperature.  Maybe you are thinking of the sort of profile a lot of other board have that just give an arbitrary boost.

The resistance of your coil is not related to the TCR, I think you mean that lower res builds having smaller res change per degree makes it harder for the mod, the TCR and ratio of res change remain the same regardless of resistance.  IME it doesn't make as much difference as you might expect within sensible limits.

• 1 month later...

Hi having troubles making tc with UD ss316 on dna75 trying to get this profiles but seams i can't have acess anyone can help?

Regards

Wayneo said:

The Jaquith profiles just moved the line up and down slightly to get a slightly better match to the UD wire he had, UD may have changed their supplier since IDK.  I tried them all and they make zero difference to vape quality they are just a closer temp match to the wire he had, which is a good thing.  You can do the same thing by starting with the profile that matches your wire the closest and editing the curve, a cotton scorch test maybe helpful when doing this.

VapingBad said:

The Jaquith profiles just moved the line up and down slightly to get a slightly better match to the UD wire he had, UD may have changed their supplier since IDK.  I tried them all and they make zero difference to vape quality they are just a closer temp match to the wire he had, which is a good thing.  You can do the same thing by starting with the profile that matches your wire the closest and editing the curve, a cotton scorch test maybe helpful when doing this.

so no easy solution must be try and error?

ok about moving the line you mean vertical line or horisontal based on your experience?

Ty for answer.

VapingBad said:

i get a much better vape with both 3.25 and v3.5 with all brands 316 gb chinese or american 
excluding the UD which he made for.. the roll I got is horrible. I dont trust that wire

Pegaso said:

so no easy solution must be try and error?

ok about moving the line you mean vertical line or horisontal based on your experience?

Ty for answer.

Yes, or you can use a cotton scorch test against a well know wire like Ni200 if you like, you could move on either axis, but leave the value at 68 F as 1. Also credit goes to BlueRidgeDod as IIRC he was the first person to post about this method. 

I would adjust the y axis (the proportion of res change between that temp and 70 F, assuming it has 1 at 70 F) rather than the x axis (temperature).  So if your vape is too cool you would increase the number, if too hot you would decrease it, make very small adjustments. 

The following is only to show you probably only want a very small change, don't worry about the maths

So if I look at the stock curve for SS316.  Some curves use 68 F instead of 70 F for the value 1, don't worry about that.

[image]
the difference between 400 F and 600 F is only 0.086 or 7.35% of 1.170, which is saying the res increases by 7.35% with 200 F increase in temp around 400 F. So if you wanted to increase temp by roughly 25 F I would use 7.35% / 200 x 25 to get the percentage to add to that value, 0.918803%. This give me a place to start, add 0.92% to each value and then see how that works, so for this it would be

This is just an approximation, you could open the csv, calc the TCR for each point, increase those and then calc the ER values from the increased TCRs.  The TCR would be in ohms per degree Fahrenheit not Celsius so will be lower than you are used to.  I did this in Excel as an example of a 10% increase in TCR.  TCR is (ER - ER at 70F)/(temp - 70 F), then to calc the new ER is (temp - 70 F) x TCR + 1.

[image]
[image]
The thing is to keep the shape of the curve, with ss it changes less as the temp goes up.  Also don't worry too much about the maths, you can guess the numbers, I only included it to give an idea of how small the change should be.  Remember the 200 F point is for a 130 F change so the step will be smaller than the higher temp.  These are just approximations and will not be as accurate as actually measuring it, but they should be good enough where you can't get a profile to fit your wire.

E: Doh, TCR isn't ohms per temp unit, just the proportion the ohms change, not that that is important right now.

OK so far, I have only had been using pre-made Ni200 coils and they work great in TC. Very steep resistance change and accurate TC.

I have just started building my own SS316L coils in a RDA and I must say that I am enjoying dripping a lot more. A warmer, denser and flavorsome vape overall. 

However, I have had no success in temperature control. I have normal 24G SS316L and UD Fused SS316L Clapton wire. 

The clapton wire takes a while to warm up. Most of the time the device does not do TC at all, and others it does but with a temperature limit of 500F it really only gets to to about 400F after 2 or 3 seconds so TC is inconsequential really. 

Does anyone have a csv TCR for SS316L Fused Clapton? The Steamship website is confusing when you select Clapton in the drop down menu.

Anyone achieving any success with S316L or should I try a different wire like Titanium?

My builds with SS316 Clapton are very low resistance. About 0.11ohms with 5 wraps.

Did you try those csv's I posted up for UD Clapton ? They are earlier on in this thread . UD is probably a wire IMO to stay away from. Jaquith's files that I posted up in previous page will possibly sort it out v1 runs slightly cooler than v2. Also spaced coils with atleast 5 1/2 wrap with 2.5 i.d. Minimum and download the latest service pack on escribe Some have been using SS430 it's available 28g in the U.S. Or from U.K. They have a variety of gauges 20thru31 I have some on its way that has a tcr of 238 which is nice and high compared to the normal 138. But I have had great luck with ss316 also but not UD

Jentz9517 said:

Did you try those csv's I posted up for UD Clapton ? They are earlier on in this thread . UD is probably a wire IMO to stay away from. Jaquith's files that I posted up in previous page will possibly sort it out v1 runs slightly cooler than v2. Also spaced coils with atleast 5 1/2 wrap with 2.5 i.d. Minimum and download the latest service pack on escribe Some have been using SS430 it's available 28g in the U.S. Or from U.K. They have a variety of gauges 20thru31 I have some on its way that has a tcr of 238 which is nice and high compared to the normal 138. But I have had great luck with ss316 also but not UD

Thank you Jentz. I also note your further post depicting exactly where these files are. SA316L is very unstable to say the least. But my preferred vendor in Australia is only stocking SS316L. Must ask him about SS430. Heard many good things about it. Can you tell me what the issue is with UD SS316L? Are there alloy QC issues with it?

I would suspect it seems the two times I bought UD they reacted differently. Both times they seemed to sputter and I had to run at low wattage to quiet it down. I have had great luck with all MKWS wires in 316 316L and also Beadalon which is U.S. Those files I spoke of are pretty versitale or you can use the method vapingbad referred to a few comments up. Stainless 316 is great and then the ss430 which I have only used 28g (nickel free) from Unkamen in U.S. was impressive. Now I'm waiting on the larger gauges from CrazyWire with the higher TCR . Anyhow hope that helps you out

Jentz9517 said:

I would suspect it seems the two times I bought UD they reacted differently. Both times they seemed to sputter and I had to run at low wattage to quiet it down. I have had great luck with all MKWS wires in 316 316L and also Beadalon which is U.S. Those files I spoke of are pretty versitale or you can use the method vapingbad referred to a few comments up. Stainless 316 is great and then the ss430 which I have only used 28g (nickel free) from Unkamen in U.S. was impressive. Now I'm waiting on the larger gauges from CrazyWire with the higher TCR . Anyhow hope that helps you out

Yes it does. Very helpful.

Yes I am getting some very loud sputter. At the time I didn't think much of it as I have only just started to build my own coils and drip. As such, I just thought it was normal as I did not know better.

• 1 month later...

I'm new to DNA devices and have problem.
Absolutely can't get my aspire cleito tank work properly with TC on DNA200 device (therion dna133(200)) o.O 
I use SS316L 0.4ohms prebuilt replacement coils.

Tried to use and preinstalled SS316L profile.
I set recommended watt values (55-65W), lock ohms, set temperature, but vapor is too cold and flavourless, even at 600F.
The most awkward thing that these coils work properly on evic vtc mini, and it's great at 420-430F.
Have no idea how to get it work. Please, help!

b1ame said:

Absolutely can't get my aspire cleito tank work properly with TC on DNA200 device (therion dna133(200)) o.O 

Tried to use and preinstalled SS316L profile.
I set recommended watt values (55-65W), lock ohms, set temperature, but vapor is too cold and flavourless, even at 600F.
The most awkward thing that these coils work properly on evic vtc mini, and it's great at 420-430F.

Don't lock the ohms, take a vape or two, let it sit and cool a while so it can refine the resistance reading.

b1ame said:

Tried to use and preinstalled SS316L profile.

I too use Aspire prebuilt coils (and prebuilt coils of other brands) and have used them for years.  I have no issues as you are having. I never lock ohm's but always start off with a "cold" atty and "cold" device. Both atty and device are at what we call "room temperature".   They usually refine down no more than about 0.02 ohms max after vaping the new coil.  With the SS316L DNA profile (Evolv's provided profile) they work great.

NOTE:  Aspire SS316L coil setting for me is 25watts @ 420-430F with 75 watts preheat and premade SS316L Notch coils by Wismec use the same setting.

What device do you have and can you post a screenshot of the device's Mod Settings from EScribe? Electrical and Thermal Settings are important.

retird said:

I too use Aspire prebuilt coils (and prebuilt coils of other brands) and have used them for years.  I have no issues as you are having. I never lock ohm's but always start off with a "cold" atty and "cold" device. Both atty and device are at what we call "room temperature".   They usually refine down no more than about 0.02 ohms max after vaping the new coil.  With the SS316L DNA profile (Evolv's provided profile) they work great.....

Same here. Lost Vape Efusion Duo among others. I have also NEVER locked ohm's, and have no issues as you are having. 

Same Cleito with their .4 SS coils. No issues. Ohm's never locked.