Different screen color from one 200 to another

Wick

Keep meaning to ask this... I've noticed a significant difference of the screen "whiteness" between sample boards and Opus200 screen. The opus is a hell of a lot "whiter" than both the two sample boards from Evolve and the pair I purchased from a distributor. Much proffering the Opus200 crispness (lack of blue). Both are set to 100% brightness through Escribe. Brandon, can I get the "Opus" screens when ordering qty? Oh and how can I get a replacement screen or two? I killed one bending the flat wire, like an idiot, far too close to the screen edge... o_O Thanks, Wick

Hey Brandon, Yep positive... Black Opus200 comparing to Black Shapeways printed case. I noticed this and thought the same, I thought I was possibly seeing a difference of it against the black Opus case and a loose "air mod" (when I was still chip vaping it) both are mounted against black... It's distinct I'll get you over a pic. Best, Michael

Always_Jonezen said:

The seven I bought from Protovapor.com in 3 separator orders all were the same color.

Yep two of mine are from Protovapor as well, they are consistent with each other and with the boards received Directly from Evolv.

John said:

Hope there isn't a problem with one or the other, we keep about 50k pieces of the screen in stock at any given time and I do NOT want to have to have someone go through them all. 

Oh dear god no... That's a few screens!!

[QUOTE=Wick]Incredibly hard to capture, yet distinctly different to the eye!!! Got to figure how to shoot this best to show it. OK... This is a decent representation of what I'm seeing. I just purchased a Hana V200 and a Opus 200 and having the same issue. The phantom black V200 has the white screen and my nickel opus has a green screen. Is there a way I can get the white screen on the opus?

Agreed! So true they look way blue'er in pics, it was nearly impossible to capture the more "white" one (more purple hue compared to others). Had to put them on a strange angle, and it still didn't do it justice. Many pics I tried had them both just looking blue in the photo. In any case they are both very acceptable colors, both nice, both clean. Would not have noticed anything if I didn't have them lit side by side. Wick

• 2 months later...

Noticed the same thing. Currently have 2 lavabox mods one screen seems to be more blue other more yellow or white. The settings are the same on both mods. Does it mean that there are different versions of dna 200 chip itself? It's hard to tell from the picture.

IMG_20151102_190939.jpg

• 5 months later...

Yes ive got three sky blue and one nice white one which i believe to be a true monochrome, there have been some variants in production, one fitting both dna40 and 200 and others, sole 200 and sole 40, even the contractors factory burnt to the ground and then nothing at all for months, so for me anythings better than nothing,, but i do like my white one..... (""So much infact ive put blue plastic over it to keep it safe"":,,lmao)

My two HCigar VT133 have white screens and my two Reuleaux DNA200 have blue screens. The blue screens seems brighter. I have the charging screen on all of them set dimly. The blue ones are still viewable at 30% brightness, while the white ones needs 40% to be viewable.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...