Won't turn on from deep sleep

My black Finder was ok - it was my red one,  which did not want to wake up.  My four Paranormal were ok, too. 

I got my fix for testing in the German Colour DNA Group on Facebook.  You should ask "admin" here, if he would be so kind to provide it here for download … 😉

All  tests in Germany showed the bug fixed, as far as I know … My red Finder started fine after eight hours. I now let it rest 12 hours over night.  

Edited by Sternenwolf
add a word

13 hours ago, a_sane3 said:

where can i find the beta version?

10 hours ago, Ghoulsfrank said:

My finder 250c silver also have this problem. My black one doesn't. It's weird. 

The fix release wont be long now  and evolv is on top of the problem

My paranormal 250c has gone 4 days now without a problem so it is just a matter of any final touches needed before release, just be a little more patient, remember the last thing anyone wants is for a fix to be released that is not perfect

4 hours ago, clivy said:

The fix release wont be long now  and evolv is on top of the problem

My paranormal 250c has gone 4 days now without a problem so it is just a matter of any final touches needed before release, just be a little more patient, remember the last thing anyone wants is for a fix to be released that is not perfect

Same here. Mine is also working perfectly now, so the general release of the firmware must be imminent.

On 7/19/2018 at 3:26 PM, DeadMan said:

I'm not sure you should be discussing this openly. But in any case. You need to hard boot the mod and then reflash with the latest firmware. The press up error will then not show after the first flash (I am guessing you got that after the initial flash). Then hard reboot again. Coming out of deep sleep it requires 'two' key presses. I have already notified Brandon of this. Patience my friend. I am sure they are working hard on resolving it. The fact that I can wake it without much fuss at the moment is promising. I can live with a two button press to wake it if all else fails.

To anyone else reading this. Please do not ask for the beta firmware. It's being tested and we are in conversation with Evolv to try and resolve this. If a mod deems it neccessary to delete either of these posts feel free. But the cat is already out of the bag for those reading these posts ;)

Hi DeadMan,

I know you said we should not ask about the beta firmware... But I'm my self a software developer working with prototypes (soft- and hardware) in an scientific research environment and I'm happy to offer my experience to resolve this issue. So if it's not a matter of days to release the firmeware I'm happy to support with some alpha testing, also outside of the forum....

Cheers,

bender 

3 minutes ago, maximumsport said:

Hey guys,

Been testing the Alpha/Beta version for a few days now. So far all my devices with the firmware in testing has woke up right away! I can safely say Evolv came through and was correct. It was a firmware issue!

where can i find the alpha/Beta version?

22 minutes ago, James said:

Give the attached test firmware a try if you have the deep sleep wake-up issue. (Don't use it if you don't need it, of course.)

We haven't heard anything bad about this firmware so far, but let us know if you run into anything.

DNA 250 Color v1_1_SP35_US_SleepTest3.sw-service

DNA 250 Color v1_1_SP35_INT_SleepTest3.sw-service

James, other than the fix. Any other updates done to improve the firmware?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb James:

Give the attached test firmware a try if you have the deep sleep wake-up issue. (Don't use it if you don't need it, of course.)

We haven't heard anything bad about this firmware so far, but let us know if you run into anything.

My Finder is working fine now for nearly two weeks … ☺️

4 hours ago, James said:

Ths solves coming out of deep sleep as long as you have autolock disabled. You get a lock screen to press the fire button 5 times (well 4 after the initial press). However if you have autolock enabled you have to press the fire button twice to come out of deep sleep. It then takes you directly to the main screen (no need to press fire button repeatedly). It's a lot better but still not working as intended. I already reported this to Brandon last week but have yet to have a response.

Edited by DeadMan