75c "Replay" update missing feature ??

neX

4 minutes ago, awsum140 said:

Upload the default theme to the device after updating Escribe.   Enable "Replay" in the profiles you want to use it in and upload those settings to the device.

Just uploaded the default and it solved the issues listed above!  Just make a "watts" profile, check the "use Replay on this profile" and you are off to the races!

47 minutes ago, Moutainvaper said:

Just uploaded the default and it solved the issues listed above!  Just make a "watts" profile, check the "use Replay on this profile" and you are off to the races!

I did that. My problem is the replay button won't appear. It's just a blank box.

Not working for me either,i have a Vapecige creator DNA75c,i did everything mentioned in the replay thread, download and updated Escribe with the service pack "SetupEScribe2_SP15_INTL_ServicePack" restored the default theme and checked the box about the Replay function under the profile 8 which was Watt i renamed it to Replay and uploaded the settings to the mod.I'm using a dual coil ni80 build,i can see the box but the replay function doesn't start.

23 minutes ago, crea said:

Not working for me either,i have a Vapecige creator DNA75c,i did everything mentioned in the replay thread, download and updated Escribe with the service pack "SetupEScribe2_SP15_INTL_ServicePack" restored the default theme and checked the box about the Replay function under the profile 8 which was Watt i renamed it to Replay and uploaded the settings to the mod.I'm using a dual coil ni80 build,i can see the box but the replay function doesn't start.

Sounds like it's setup fine, just need to use a SS or other temp sensing coil.  Ni80 is gonna be pretty hit and miss, some may work...some not.

Edited by Moutainvaper
  • Like 1

24 minuti fa, Moutainvaper ha scritto:

Sounds like it's setup fine, just need to use a SS or other temp sensing coil.  Ni80 is gonna be pretty hit and miss, some may work...some not.

Not working also in SS nor premade sub-ohm tank coils SS or mesh coils >:(

Edited by crea

My question is not whether replay is working or not , its the option of using "dubious coils" or "unlikely" in escribe  , i have it working on a single SS coils , but when I am using a dual coils rta ( fused SS Claptons ) its not , on my dna250C there are the options of "dubious coils" etc.. ?

Edited by neX

@neX, the 75C does not have the signal-to-noise ratio to make "Allow on dubious coils." reliable for most coils. The 250C has an extremely clean signal.

(Among other reasons, voltage step-down-only (250C) has lower noise than step-up/step-down (75C). Reviewers etc. tend to treat step-up/step-down as a feature but it's really a tradeoff. One that makes sense for a single battery mod, but a tradeoff nonetheless.)

For your Clapton coil, if it is a mix of Kanthal and Stainless, more Stainless should get you into a usable range.

Also, some coils and some wire are marketed as Stainless when they are not. To objectively find out, check Device Monitor. How much does Live Ohms change during your puff with the dual coil? For a real Stainless coil, you should see about a 20% rise in Live Ohms from cold. Real Stainless coils should work with no problem at all.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, James said:

@neX, the 75C does not have the signal-to-noise ratio to make "Allow on dubious coils." reliable for most coils. The 250C has an extremely clean signal.

(Among other reasons, voltage step-down-only (250C) has lower noise than step-up/step-down (75C). Reviewers etc. tend to treat step-up/step-down as a feature but it's really a tradeoff. One that makes sense for a single battery mod, but a tradeoff nonetheless.)

For your Clapton coil, if it is a mix of Kanthal and Stainless, more Stainless should get you into a usable range.

Also, some coils and some wire are marketed as Stainless when they are not. To objectively find out, check Device Monitor. How much does Live Ohms change during your puff with the dual coil? For a real Stainless coil, you should see about a 20% rise in Live Ohms from cold. Real Stainless coils should work with no problem at all.

So because my coil is Ni80 the replay button doesn't even show up?

@jackobosame here, use ni80 fused clapton, cant get that replay feature working, theres only a blank field nothing in there.

try with plain wires,i had the same issue with ni80 and the wire was the problem,i was using a fused clapton of a well known brand but for some reason wasn't working.

Edited by crea

18 minutes ago, crea said:

try with plain wires,i had the same issue with ni80 and the wire was the problem,i was using a fused clapton of a well known brand but for some reason wasn't working.

No point trying with plain wires cos I never use them. Even if it works with plain wire, I never use micro coils so that this feature is useless for me on  DNA 75c, ordered  250c, will see.

1 ora fa, jackobo ha scritto:

No point trying with plain wires cos I never use them. Even if it works with plain wire, I never use micro coils so that this feature is useless for me on  DNA 75c, ordered  250c, will see.

Use ss316 exotic coils,mixed with supported metals as core should work fine.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jackobo said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong here but what makes you think the 250c will do replay on the coils you are having issues with?? 

Ni80 and kanthal will not work with replay or tc mode. That’s just not limited to the dna75c board. You will have the same problems with a dna250c mod. 

1 hour ago, Yas786 said:

Ni80 and kanthal will not work with replay or tc mode

So long as the core wire(s) are a TC material, and N80 or Kanthal is used as a wrap, it's always worked for me in TC.

When people talk 'plain' or 'simple', everyone's definition is/can be different, it's just too vague. I'd imagine, if anyone were to see ~20% rise in resistance in straight watts your chances are good. Where I imagine an issue is when they then use multi metal coils, like a clapton with a parallel wire or two ... all heating and cooling at different rates so the change is not consistent.

I own NO color mods, so can't offer anything better.