twages88

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

twages88 said:

Ive had my opus less than a week. ican only imagine the fuses blew..55 watts on TC Pop dead 200...anyone have any ideas what may have happened here? Im soo disappointed. . I t was working great..

I would advice you to contact Opus since its still under warranty.

soulvape said:

Opus is a daughter manufacture from evolv ;-)  (sorry for my english, because iam from germany)

Roger is a friend of Brandon's, and they are from the same town. Opus isn't owned by Evolv. I think people assume this because both live in Ashtabula, but it is not the case. :)

twages, we can replace the board for you if the board failed. Mostly, it would be quicker for us to find out what went wrong.

Opus is not a daughter manufacturer of Evolv.  The owner of Opus (Roger) used to do some contract assembly work for us when we were still manufacturing the Darwin.  After we retired the Darwin he wanted to start his own mod company.  I lent him the money to start the business and helped him incorporate.  He paid me back in full, a year later and I ceased having any interest in Opus.  Opus is fully owned by Roger and has no ties to me or Evolv.  

Brandon, a similar thing happened to my opus today, the mod powers up via USB but dies when disconnected, there is an acrid smell from the vent holes and it will not fire any atomizers. Escribe shows voltage on all three cells though. The mod was firing .o8 nickel 410 deg at 44 watts at time of death. I sent opus an email with a video and escribe recording, would you like me to forward it to evolve? Also if I should mail the unit to evolve please let me know, and how/ where. Thanks, Jeff FYI it has the latest firmware, installed last night

Brandon said:

Opus is not a daughter manufacturer of Evolv.  The owner of Opus (Roger) used to do some contract assembly work for us when we were still manufacturing the Darwin.  After we retired the Darwin he wanted to start his own mod company.  I lent him the money to start the business and helped him incorporate.  He paid me back in full, a year later and I ceased having any interest in Opus.  Opus is fully owned by Roger and has no ties to me or Evolv.  

I just got my Opus 2 days ago and its working amazingly well. Temp control is everything I thought it should be now. I'm almost afraid of doing the update after reading these 2 posts. Don't know enough about the software to know if I should leave it alone or update it anyway? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks

glassjaw121986 said:

I just got my Opus 2 days ago and its working amazingly well. Temp control is everything I thought it should be now. I'm almost afraid of doing the update after reading these 2 posts. Don't know enough about the software to know if I should leave it alone or update it anyway? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks

glassjaw, I've have been running my DNA200 that I made myself for the last week and a half with no issues and have been running the upgraded firmware with no problems as the guys have issued updates.

If these mods are popping fuses I don't think that would be anything to do with the firmware, otherwise they would be seeing lots of peeps posting dead boards.

You guys are the best, thanks!

Brandon said:

Jeff, I'll send you a PM with the shipping address.  It sounds like a blown fuse but the question is what is causing it?  John wants them sent directly to us for post mortem.  We'll replace the board and ship it right back.

vegabob said:

Hi I'm Bob I'm running my Opus DNA200 now just over a week I have the latest Firmware in it. Now and I'm have no issues at all

I'd have to agree with that myself too, and my device was working flawlessly with all three firmware revisions up until it stopped firing...similar to the other opus mods that have died(I know of 2 others). I'm hoping maybe it's just a clearance issue that can be fixed easily.