Opus 200 dead

twages88

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so I received my opus yesterday, once fully charge I started using it like a normal person would, today however, when putting a new atomizer on to the device the screen went black and would not turn on unless plugged in, I checked the device on the escribe software to find that it only is getting .01A for charging when at room temperature.  I then went to plug it into a normal charger and the resting charge on the batteries went down instead of up. I have no idea what to try or check, any suggestions.

If you open up the battery compartment, is your fuse intact? The first generation opus boxes don't have much (any) clearance between the case standoffs and the fire button, which is as near as I can tell yet what's popping fuses on opuses (and, knock on wood, only opuses so far)

Only turns on with USB, won't charge and a multimeter shows normal battery voltage would be the signs of a popped fuse. Or post a picture of the fuse and I'll be able to tell you for sure. 

No idea I just plugged it in and took the screen shot All I know is it went pop and screen blanked out, powers up and charges when plugged in to a charger or computer. It is chucking ohms too high, check battery, check atomizer, it fires sometimes but only low watts then warning messages appear.

Well, that's a bit exciting, but it doesn't sound exactly like a blown fuse per se. Will it  turn on when not connected to USB? 

If you turn on the debug options (go to help... about... then left click on our logo seven times) and then open up device monitor, what does the bandgap read?