twages88

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Smoove0214 said:

My opus just died for the 2nd time.. It was working fine, then nothing.. I was using a nickel coil in my crown tank, 50 watts at 530°... Blank screen, don't charge when plugged up, and won't connect to Escribe.. I'm at a loss...

Hi out of interest did the fuse go the first time ?

Thanks David

twages88 said:

Opus doesnt say warranty service any more..but pack is down to 4.5v 1.3/1.8/1.3 and isnt charging..tried multiple recovery charges with no satisfaction..im wondering is it the pack or board now..any ideas?

Mine is doing the exact same thing. My cells are down to 0.7/2.59/0.4 after leaving it recovery charging the whole day. I've tried 5 times to no avail. Really disappointed, I paid $230 for this mod like 2 weeks ago. I'm in Canada too so for me to ship it out will cost an arm and a leg. Are you saying that Opus will not perform warranty service on mods with this battery issue?

Opus will repair it. Just contact them..

Kherani said:

[QUOTE=twages88]Opus doesnt say warranty service any more..but pack is down to 4.5v 1.3/1.8/1.3 and isnt charging..tried multiple recovery charges with no satisfaction..im wondering is it the pack or board now..any ideas?

Mine is doing the exact same thing. My cells are down to 0.7/2.59/0.4 after leaving it recovery charging the whole day. I've tried 5 times to no avail. Really disappointed, I paid $230 for this mod like 2 weeks ago. I'm in Canada too so for me to ship it out will cost an arm and a leg. Are you saying that Opus will not perform warranty service on mods with this battery issue?[/QUOTE]

• 2 weeks later...
My Opus 200 has just died for the 2nd time in 3 months. (2 months of usage, 1 month repair time)

The first one lasted a month. I had to ship it out to get repaired. I got it back last month and it is dead already. 

The first time was a blown fuse and I am guessing this is the same problem. The screen comes on when plugged in, but not on it's own battery. It will not fire or charge. 

Evolv said it is the Opus casing, Opus said it is the board and that a newer version would be installed. Everyone just passing the blame on the other person. 

I can't believe I paid $250 for this crap. Buy American they say... Buy quality they say... Yeah right... Back to my DEPENDABLE SX chip while this crap is in transit, again...