Fuming with Wismec-happy with rob from vapegeek though, EFusion coming in blue instead.

Conanthewarrior

Bad news everyone. 

The Wismec realaux order turned up to vape geek this morning-but to their astonishment, it had a much cheaper, crappier chip. No more wismex realauxs's are releasing with DNA200 boards-read it up, its true. 

So I will not be getting a wismec dna 200, ever. 

BUT, Rob wanted to refund me immediately. 

I said, wait a minute, my other choice was the Efusion from you-could I change it to that? 

So he has changed it to a blue EFusion, given me a free extra LI-PO, and even an extra premium drip tip in blue to match it. The LI-PO sells for £25. 

So, thats the end of the wismec dream. No insane watt hours. The best I can have is after christmas, the EFusion V2, dual 18650. 

Even if he could get hold of a batch of WISMECS with dna200's in, he would not sell them-as if it goes wrong, he can NEVER replace them. 

So, why the F has wismec stopped using the DNA200? I am pissed off, Shop owners are pissed off, and the package Rob received is going straight back to China. 

But, I will have a nice blue EFusion in the next few weeks, with a free spare LI-PO and a premium drip tip. 

So I want to thank Rob for being honest and phoning me, that is how business should be run. He said he emailed the Vendor he bought from, and they said "Oh did you not know they did not come with that board now"? His reply obviously was of course not or I would not of bought the bloody things to sell. 

Has wismec lost their minds? Or is it an issue of price? Failure rates? Who knows.

I believe the Reuleaux DNA-200 is a limited edition and Wismec will at some point in the very near future stop production if they haven't already.

A while ago I tried to pre order one from Joyetech, I was entitled to a first order discount but was told there was no reduction as it was limited edition. It seems it was always planed as such. 

From their web site:

"Dear WISMEC Customers:

Breaking news!
Because we are now limited by the capacity and supply chain of our materials (screens), we cannot possibly meet the huge and evergrowing demand for the Reuleaux DNA200. In an attempt to satisfy this enormous demand, Wismec will be launching the Reuleaux RX200.

The RX200, a new version of the Reuleaux series, designed by JayBo, still retains its unique feature of three removable 18650 batteries and reverse polarity protection. However, the new and powerful chip utilizes on board reverse polarity and has maximum output of 200 temperature controlled watts. These temperature functions include Titanium, Nickel and Stainless Steel modes. The new and proprietary chip has upgradable firmware and comes in new color options and can be easily distinguished. 

Click:http://www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-rx200/ to find more details about the Wismec RX200.
Thank you for your time.

WISMEC Marketing Team
November 23rd, 2015"

I think i saw (read) something about Limited edition when i was researching the Reuleaux DNA 200 but I never thought i would be this limited. Guess i'm glad I got one might be worth a few bucks in the future LOL.

Glad you were taken care of its always nice to see that there are still people out there that give great service.

Well all the people here should be rejoicing after that insane roller-coaster Reuleaux hate thread. Hell I might buy a second Reuleaux DNA 200 Mod. The new board in the Reuleaux RX200 'looks' like the same used in the forthcoming 'cheap' Vapor Flask Mods from Wismec/Joyetech. Well I planned on purchasing the Reuleaux RX200 so we'll see, but it's a damn shame if there's no more Reuleaux DNA 200 Mods. It IMHO breathe some life into the Evolv's DNA 200 venue.

I was just astounded. I can understand the shortage, and it was limited edition-but the realaux is still a jaybo design. I wonder if he has been consulted about this change to a cheaper chip?

Oh well. 27.75 W/hs is a dream now. I hope the 1300MAH battery is on par with a dual battery device-if not I am going to get the Efusion V2 when it releases in December, dual 18650, but also includes a plate and connector so you can run it as  LI-PO device. I will probably use duals though, just for the W/h's.

The long awaited Whiteout has an 1100mAh battery and the option of a 1300mAh, plus a dual 18650 sled, all easily and quickly user replaceable.
It has many other desirable features but is large and nowhere as near the ergonomic design of the Reuleaux.

I think you'll be very lucky to find another Reuleaux DNA for sale in the UK. 

dwcraig1 said:

The only "hate" around my joint for the Wismek comes from all my other mods....they now get very little love.

That is kind of what I was hoping for. But oh well, things come and go I guess. I have contacted one UK vendor who claims to be waiting for stock of the Wismec DNA200, told them about the change, and if they will actually be getting DNA200 or DX200's in them. 

I even had the new batteries for the wismec. Shame really. 

If it will be a DNA200, I will buy it as it will likely be my last chance. But, I have probably missed the chance. I knew I should of ordered it earlier-that thing would of lasted me all day and then some easily. I guess 14.something W/h's from the Efusion is not too bad though, plus at least I get a free LI-PO with it and custom dripper. 

I will likely get the V2 when thats out too so I can run 18650's. I don't know why, it could be where I used to fly helis and every week would read of a Li-Po explosion or swelling, I am very wary of them. Like I wont be using it anywhere near 200W, highest will be 60-80W, and thats pushing it. 

So the 133W dual batt version will suit me fine, with a preheat of 80W and average vape between 20-30 watts, apart from the uwell crown and Crius's I own, which need more power but they taste amazing.

The 9.9 W/h battery of the hotcig lasts I would say inbetween a single battery and a dual battery mod. I am hoping the 1300MAH can make it last as long as a dual battery mod. If it does, I have no need for the efusion V2.

That post from the Wismec site does not say that they are no longer going to make the DNA 200 version, just that they are constrained by the board supply. We all know that Evolv has been having dramas getting hold of enough screens so that sounds true. Wismec obviously have a lot of cases made and ready to go so I don't blame them for introducing a model that they can pump out in volume. Hopefully alongside the DNA version.

Jez650 said:

That post from the Wismec site does not say that they are no longer going to make the DNA 200 version, just that they are constrained by the board supply. We all know that Evolv has been having dramas getting hold of enough screens so that sounds true. Wismec obviously have a lot of cases made and ready to go so I don't blame them for introducing a model that they can pump out in volume. Hopefully alongside the DNA version.

I really hope so too. The wismec Realaux DNA200 is one mod I REALLY wanted. Hopefully in a few months its available. Till then LI-PO power is the way then :)

scooby said:

The long awaited Whiteout has an 1100mAh battery and the option of a 1300mAh, plus a dual 18650 sled, all easily and quickly user replaceable.
It has many other desirable features but is large and nowhere as near the ergonomic design of the Reuleaux.

I think you'll be very lucky to find another Reuleaux DNA for sale in the UK. 

Totally wicked has them in uk and I know my local shop in Wakefield just managed to get hold of 20 units he sold me mine for £155 with 3 sony vtc4 battery's after a bit of haggling

TW did have them for £127.49 but sold out days ago. Well done for getting one but you have to admit they are like hens teeth. 

I do think this was always a planned limited edition (TW state that in their description) and the screen excuse is just a ruse. Time will tell.

BTW I not that enamored with the underhanded tactics Joyetech/TW use but I guess we don't live in an ideal world!

Wow, just saw this thread. Didn't realize that Wismec was changing the chip. So no more Reuleaux DNA 200's? I guess I'm lucky, as I walked into one of the local vape shops yesterday, and they just received 8 of them. I decided to buy one spur of the moment, not knowing they might no longer be available. If anyone is having trouble finding one, you might check out that shop.

http://www.vape-co.com/

They have two locations, and I was told that each location received 4 each. Get 'em while you can.

jolley said:

Wismec reuleaux rx200 is a good choice for us

The rx200 is imo no alternative for the dna200. The rx200 is a good alternative for other high wattage mods but they all work with factory presets you can choose but not modify.

The user adjustable presets are imo the big advantage of the DNA200 not the wattage.  The DNA200 stands alone in this until other configurable mods enter the market (like the opensource Whiteout OS).

The advantage of the Reuleaux DNA200 over most other DNA200 mods, is the use of multiple 18650's resulting in a longer vapetime. Most mods have lipo's that do not exceed the capacity of a single 18650

Vapegeek have excellent service Rob is all good! The Efusion is a good unit its more of a pure box mod for me ;) after trying a Rolo its got great battery life but the weight, colour scheme and ergonomics are the negatives for me t but I am moving away from high power lung hitting and who hasn't got 30 mods to swap when the lipo is flat :) The cheap RX200 looks great in black i just can't understand why Rolo went with the crappy colours on the DNA200 its like the 1980s ;) or 2014 (Sx mini S class) and we are back to a zinc body which never holds it paint well. I have my doubts I will be able to stick in a DNA200 in the RX200 but we shall see and they are so cheap its worth ago!