Battery Analizer setup and files

Wick

Hey guys, May have been already asked and stated, but I can not find it so any help or direction would be greatly appreciated! Two questions really: 1) what would be the ideal setup to generate the most accurate discharge profiles? ie. What exact type and size resistor, wattage and ohm rating, best suggested connection of resistor for running the analyzer. 2) is there any running file sharing on battery specific CSV discharge files? Best, Wick

Vape_Like_A_Boss said:

How are you guys connecting the resistors to the board? Can it be done accurately with the resistor bank run through the 510 connection or is it being hooked up instead of a 510 for testing?

Was wondering the same myself, or if connecting the array to a "trusted" atomizer directly would suffice in providing accurate results? John, any way you can shoot us a pic of your setup? Are you running the resistors in open air? Attached to a heat sink? Chassis mount (alum case) resistor, film type?? Ya I'm a bit lost here. Thanks, Wick

Sure, I will throw up a picture of my setup. 

Mine is overkill, because it will sink 200w continuously, but you will get the idea. 

For battery analyzer it doesn't matter whether how good your setup is, as long as the connections are reliable and the resistors can take the heat. All it needs is somewhere for the energy to go. 

4 one ohm coils would work quite well. 

This is my battery analyzer test setup. It is somewhat... larger... than strictly speaking necessary (it will handle 200 watts continually) and it is permanently soldered to a test board (but I have thousands of those)

battanalyser.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
John said:

4 one ohm coils would work quite well. 

This is my battery analyzer test setup. It is somewhat... larger... than strictly speaking necessary (it will handle 200 watts continually) and it is permanently soldered to a test board (but I have thousands of those)

Sorry about bringing up an old thread but.... I am going to build a unitwith two 50w resisters. Actually these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087ZCYTK/ref=ya_st_dp_summary I am assuming that I'll be good to run the test at 50w without any issues. Am I assuming correctly? Thanks Mike

Michael Hancock said:

[QUOTE=John]4 one ohm coils would work quite well. 

Sorry about bringing up an old thread but.... I am going to build a unitwith two 50w resisters. Actually these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087ZCYTK/ref=ya_st_dp_summary I am assuming that I'll be good to run the test at 50w without any issues. Am I assuming correctly? Thanks Mike[/QUOTE]

Fine for 50 W, should be fine for 100 W with a suitable heat sink.

Michael Hancock said:

[QUOTE=John]4 one ohm coils would work quite well. 

Sorry about bringing up an old thread but.... I am going to build a unitwith two 50w resisters. Actually these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087ZCYTK/ref=ya_st_dp_summary I am assuming that I'll be good to run the test at 50w without any issues. Am I assuming correctly? Thanks Mike[/QUOTE] You may find this interesting, https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/67519-topic/?do=findComment&comment=907661

• 2 months later...