Titanium set up issues.

I've tried 3 times now to set up titanium on my Realeaux, and I seem to be missing something. I'll try to keep this short and to the point.

I'm running a single coil, Lightning Vapes Grade A1 Titanium, 24g spaced 8 wrap 3mm. It comes out to .205
I have it wicked and wet with the top cap on.

I hop on the Steam and set up my CSV file.

https://gyazo.com/927a18eba918779f6a693a4c8e32c0d5

The calculator came out about .035 off, but that shouldn't effect it to the degree of trouble I'm having. I save it in my DNA folder I have set up on my computer where I can find it, Load it to Escribe, then upload it to my device.

https://gyazo.com/52460f0c8a36a79f6066956abbb3d48c

I go to device monitor to test the file and make sure everything is working right, and my results seem to be off.
At 350 degrees, and 65 watts, it appears to be working.

https://gyazo.com/266004e055da95549b567ae10bbf33c8

I set it to 450 degrees, and It seems to strain to even get remotely close. This is the first and only time I've ever gotten it to even hit the 450, so I'm slightly surprised.

https://gyazo.com/cb8d31f8dc23111cf8665cd9a23516b0

I can smell my cotton burning, even though it is plenty wet enough without being flooded. If I were to be drawing on it at this time, it would never even get close to the correct temp. I've never had a titanium build on any other device, so I don't have any experiences to compare this to. Is 450 Degrees F too much for titanium? What do most of you run for temp/wattage on titanium? I'm hoping someone will tell me I'm missing something simple and it starts working. This has been a major headache to me.

Chunky - It's fine. Thanks for the post anyway. Haha

3dge - The coil is spaced. I may try snapping a picture of it and throwing that on the first post too. Nothing is shorting out on the edge of the well or the barrel either. I've tried 2 different builds that were slightly different and set up CSV files for them each time with the same result. If I turn my temp over 400 running 65 watts, it will not hit temp.

Edit -
I've done a little digging in forums, and the problem may be my atomizer. I'll try it on my velocity to see if I get a different result. I just wasn't ready to take the build out of it yet. 

Fresh built coil on my velocity. My previous attempts have been on my mutation, so I'm hoping this resolves my issues.

Lightning Vapes Grade A1 Titanium, 24g 3mm 8wrap single coil. Came out to about .225 which is .015 off of what Steam said it should be.

Made a CSV profile
https://gyazo.com/60c3f8cce0dc9a20ce3fd5145e5381b2

Loaded it to my Escribe and uploaded the setting to my device. I also turned my preheat down to 100watts
https://gyazo.com/2d2d672dbc13e49f4d813a74cb2b96a1

5 second puff 350 degrees, 65 watts.
https://gyazo.com/354053544ff17f31f9058d804365e85a

5 second puff 450 degrees, 65 watts
https://gyazo.com/dea3030a4d23017a0cda9bf6d7610d29

same setting, rejuiced my cotton. 5 second puff
https://gyazo.com/32c42427e6d8cd86135a624add51144d

It's safe to say I'm getting the same result off of my velocity as I am my Mutation.

20151215_114029.jpg

do you not find that you have to use it a bit before it stabilizes or conditions or runs in..
also I think you have to turn off pre heat and you don't have to measure or input leg or lead length when only using one strand..
I had a bash with 403 stainless, wasn't blown away by it, and I think you have to be careful with oxidation with the titanium,
unless someone gives me a rock solid walk through with wire gauge, wraps and mandrel size, and manual input values i'll stick with ni200 and kenthal

I've considered turning off the preheat, but the problem is that it isn't getting to temp correctly. Preheat seems as though it wouldn't be the issue. 2 five second puffs at 450 degrees shouldn't be giving me any kind of oxidation, especially wet. If you look at my monitor charts, you can see I'm blasting the coils with 65 watts and my read out says it's getting nowhere near temp. That's my issue. I've tried nickel and I don't like it. I've never tried titanium before, and all I want to know is if I'll like it or not. That's why this is all very frustrating to me. I'm not even sure if I'll enjoy the vape.

I know what your saying but the last shot shows bluing from a hot spot and it aint working properly an if ya can smell burning cotton its gone over 450, way over, moor like 750 for a coulor of blue, may have only took an initial 1 second burst of 100 watt and its destroyed the metal or something, id do one moor build, switch off preheat, set to 430 temp start at 18 watt and build it up until its kicking clouds, do you remember kanthal tutorial building with short pulsing a new coil with a weak battery kind of thing..  
if it goes bonkers again and over heats like, doesn't come up to temperature but gets hot spots and blueing burning cotton,, that's a short,, like its arking but on a smaller scale, when you unspool your wire do you stretch it straight between a few pairs of pliers, this may damage the wire, it may also be crap wire.

I little blueing is normal with Ti wire, as long as you're not getting oxidation (white spots). In my experience, Titanium works fantastically well with the DNA 200 and most but not all of my atty's. The Velocity is one that plays very nice though. I recommend a very slight pulsing of the coils at low power setting before wicking to work out any hot spots. Turn the lights down low so you can see a very faint dull red glow but no more. Depending on the coil, somewhere around 10-20 watts is about right for this. Just pulse it lightly for maybe a second or two at a time until a little bit of heat starts to build up. Contact coils work fine but spaced coils are slightly less prone to problems. Sometimes just reinserting the post that you wrapped it on and willing it around a little is all it takes. Also, after heating, obviously check the tightness of your leads in the post. This simple technique works practically every time for me, even with contact coils, fused claptons with TI cores, etc. Good luck.

i pulse all my ti coils. i cup my hand over them to see when then they start to glow a very dark red from the inside out. i strum the coil or coils with a screwdriver till sed coil is doing so evenly. 10-12 watts max, when pulsing. you make em glow and when they cool they're a light powdery yellow, you killed your ti coil. blue red and golden are the safe colors i've been taught to look for after pulsing. your device monitor graphs look good to me tho? this past month i have retired all my ti coils and am now building with nife48/52 you can fire it in wattage or tc mode like ss but with a higher tcr (more stable than ss) than ss. love it. predictable easy to work with high resistance per foot, which makes it great for dual coils. check it out. 

Yeah nife is next on my list. But having great results with Ti so far and want to use up some of my stock before the next purchase. Of the 3 TC materials I've used thus far, my best results (in order) are Ti, Ni200, SS 316. All have worked but Ti is easiest and most consistent of the 3 for me by quite a big margin.

Could somebody please give a help with Ti 1 set up for My velocity.
I want to built dual coil set up with 24 AWG and dual with 22 AWG on my vaporshark DNA200.
Sorry for asking this but I allready have the 22 + 24 wires and because I am a seaman I managed to have internet connection today until Saturday..
If somebody can help please..

Best advice: ditch the steam engine file. Load the sweetspotvapor csv. Been running Ti for the better part of this year, never pulsed or heated it. Ti does not require much in the way of pre heat, if at all when it comes to dual coil. Spaced or contact coils are fine but your less likely to run into hot spots with spaced coils; keep all bends in the wire smooth and gradual. Start with lower power settings and work your way up, this should help you find any problems with your settings or build techniques.

I'm glad this thread is helping some people out. I plan to try pulsing some Ti coils shortly to see if I can get some good results. I'll kill the preheat too and see if that helps. If it vapes good without the preheat, I may turn it back on at a lower wattage's with later attempts. SS will probably be my next venture. after that, I'm fairly lost on new metals to try. What is NiFe? That's one I'm not familiar with.

I came to the thread because I was having issues with my builds with SSV Ti wire. I bought the 0.4mm one and was using their CSV.

But to get somewhere decent i had to run it at 320F and was still getting a warm vape.. it was odd. And if I put anything in the 400F range it was way to hot and the DNA-200 will (randomly) kick out of TC.
While the same build and Atty on a e-Vic-VTC will run very happy @ 420F with a good vape.

After I found this thread I went and got the CSV's form Steam Engine, that was a whole different experience in my DNA, no problems at all nice Vape @ 430+ range and very smooth. After that I went in a hunt and downloaded the SSV CSV for the Ti 0.5mm wire, and that was golden.

I'm starting to think I got the wrong wire from SSV (the pouch says 0.4mm) but have no way to measure a 0.1mm diff. Checked the CSV's and there is a big difference in the values between the 0.4 and 0.5 from SSV, so either I got the wrong wire or the 0.4 csv from them is way off.
I sent SSV an email to check will keep you posted.

By the way I was using a VaporShark DNA 200 mod, and agree that there is no need to preheat Ti, goes into temp almost instantly.

s.i.jerefos said:

Could somebody please give a help with Ti 1 set up for My velocity.
I want to built dual coil set up with 24 AWG and dual with 22 AWG on my vaporshark DNA200.
Sorry for asking this but I allready have the 22 + 24 wires and because I am a seaman I managed to have internet connection today until Saturday..
If somebody can help please..

http://www.filedropper.com/titanwirescsvfiles   file has two Ti csv's 1 is a Clapton kanthal blend  and one is grade1